Raze

Leaked Footage of George Floyd arrest

67 posts in this topic

Dailymail leaked 10 minutes of footage, this is the full video, for some reason the major media outlets are cutting it up and editing it.

New information this shows is clear signs George was on drugs, and that he was saying he can't breathe before being restrained, and that he was non-compliant.

It's more possible than people think that Chauvin could be acquitted, the case already seemed murky when they had to bump it down to a 3rd degree murder charge so soon after going for a 2nd degree, though I don't think he will because of all the public pressure.

Remember, the famous Rodney King riots only happened after the officers involved got acquitted, so if Chauvin gets off it could mean riots even worse than the ones that already happened.

Edited by Raze

Neck restraints have been recently prohibited for Minneapolis police and in may other police departments

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/minneapolis-police-rendered-44-people-unconscious-neck-restraints-five-years-n1220416

NBC News june 1, 2020

(excerpt)

Minneapolis police rendered 44 people unconscious with neck restraints in five years

Several police experts said that number appears to be unusually high. "By using this tactic, it's a self-fulfilling tragedy," said one.

Since the beginning of 2015, officers from the Minneapolis Police Department have rendered people unconscious with neck restraints 44 times, according to an NBC News analysis of police records.

Several police experts said that number appears to be unusually high.

Minneapolis police used neck restraints at least 237 times during that span, and in 16 percent of the incidents the suspects and other individuals lost consciousness, the department's use-of-force records show. A lack of publicly available use-of-force data from other departments makes it difficult to compare Minneapolis to other cities of the same or any size.

Police define neck restraints as when an officer uses an arm or leg to compress someone's neck without directly pressuring the airway. 

On May 25, Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin was captured on video kneeling on the neck of a prone and handcuffed George Floyd for eight minutes — including nearly three minutes after he had stopped breathing.

More than a dozen police officials and law enforcement experts told NBC News that the particular tactic Chauvin used — kneeling on a suspect's neck — is neither taught nor sanctioned by any police agency. A Minneapolis city official told NBC News Chauvin's tactic is not permitted by the Minneapolis police department. For most major police departments, variations of neck restraints, known as chokeholds, are highly restricted — if not banned outright.

The version of the Minneapolis Police Department's policy manual that is available on-line, however, does permit the use of neck restraints that can render suspects unconscious, and the protocol for their use has not been updated for more than eight years.

Minneapolis police data shows that in the bulk of use-of-force cases involving neck restraints when an individual lost consciousness, the restraint was used after a suspect fled on foot or tensed up as they were being taken into custody. Almost half of the people who lost consciousness were injured, according to the reports, which do not spell out the severity of those injuries.

Five of the cases involved assaults on officers, while several others involved domestic abuse or domestic assault cases. In most cases, there was no apparent underlying violent offense.

The Minnesota police data showed three-fifths of those subjected to neck restraints and then rendered unconscious were black. About 30 percent were white. Two were Native Americans. Almost all are male, and three-quarters were age 40 or under.

The on-line version of the policy manual says, "The unconscious neck restraint shall only be applied … 1. On a subject who is exhibiting active aggression, or; 2. For life saving purposes, or; 3. On a subject who is exhibiting active resistance in order to gain control of the subject; and if lesser attempts at control have been or would likely be ineffective."

Ed Obayashi, an attorney and the deputy sheriff in Plumas County, California, is a national use-of-force expert who trains and advises California police agencies. He said police departments across the country have been moving away from the neck restraint option for many years because of its "inherent life-threatening potential" and because officers often misinterpret resistance by a suspect, who may simply be struggling to breathe.

Richard Drooyan served as counsel to the Christopher Commission, which investigated the LAPD beating of Rodney King, and later on the independent panel that examined the Rampart Division corruption scandal. Drooyan, who now oversees the L.A. County jail, said neck restraint should only be employed when there is an urgent matter of life or death, and that the number of times it was used by the Minneapolis Police Department seemed "extraordinary."

So sad seeing so many of these videos of people praying and begging not to die before anything even escalates.

hrhrhtewgfegege

A good example of how fear becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. If he wasn't so paranoid he'd be alive today.

It's also a good example of the kind of bullshit police have to deal with every day. You can see how this would test even the best cop's patience dealing with such people year-round.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's also a good example of the kind of bullshit police have to deal with every day. You can see how this would test even the best cop's patience dealing with such people year-round.

Police Activity is a really good channel to see what its like from the cop's perspective (Not for the faint of heart, obviously)

Look at how fast this situation turns deadly

In this video you can see how hard it can be to decide when it is acceptable to use deadly force. I honestly think she should have shot earlier, the guy was WAY to close, you'd be surprised at how fast people can cover distance.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Police need more training. Watching them trying to put him in back seat is painful. 

Do you think a social worker could have calmed him down and gotten him to comply?

Or if a therapy could have resolved his trauma of getting shot so he dosent get a panic attack when he sees a cop? 

Edited by Opo

Conservatives with little ground to stand on now have this incident as something they can use against the left.  

Everyone exploding over this before the real facts comes to light again just shows the problem of media in this day and age. And you can't blame them. This footage wasn't communicated to everyone. 

Nobody can trust the mainstream media, and for good reason. The chaotic web of messages, likes, retweets serves as an impressive magician illusion. You scroll through all this shit and have your emotions activated, with everyone being aggressive and inflamed. But most of the emotions in this domain are inauthentic and empty, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Technology is yet to interface with the human brain properly. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

13 minutes ago, Opo said:

Do you think a social worker could have calmed him down and gotten him to comply?

The problem is that social workers are gonna be stage Green care-bear types. But someone like George Floyd is a stage Red type. Stage Red will streamroll a stage Green, unarmed social worker.

You can't just send in a social worker because you don't know if Floyd had a knife, a gun, or was high on meth and would bite her nose off. You can't just go into a situation like that assuming that he's gonna be nice. He might be nice 98% of the time, but when you're dealing with such people every day for years, that 2% adds up real fast.

The problem with stage Red people (who police mostly deal with), is that they won't listen to reason. They often have mental disorders and they are living in their own private world. Notice how incoherent Floyd's mental state is. His mind is gone. He cannot follow the simplest of instructions.

Criminal types often have mental disorders.

5 minutes ago, Opo said:

Police need more training. Watching them trying to put him in back seat is painful. 

Yeah I've seen videos of some seriously incompetent police, they unnecessarily escalate the situation and end up shooting people because of it. They need more people skills.

I don't understand how some of them end up becoming officers 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Fuck no.

The problem is that social workers are gonna stage Green care-bear types. But someone like George Floyd is a stage Red type. Stage Red will streamroll as stage Green, unarmed social worker.

You can't just send in a social worker because you don't know if Floyd had a knife, a gun, or was high on meth and would bite her nose off.

I didn't mean alone but with those cops because they had trouble communicating. But yea i see how he would just try to use her. 

7 minutes ago, Opo said:

I didn't mean alone

But now you're talking about doubling the budget of policing. Now you gotta pay a cop and a social worker for every situation. Twice the cost.

If we had unlimited budgets, then policing would be a lot easier. The crux of the problem is that budgets are tight and corners must be cut.

Obviously social workers are a good idea in non-dangerous situations. But it can be hard to distinguish which situations are dangerous and which are not. And also, it's gonna be near impossible to reform a criminal simply by talking to him. A criminal's problems run too deep for a 20 min conversation with a social worker to help.

@Leo Gura

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem is that social workers are gonna stage Green care-bear types. But someone like George Floyd is a stage Red type. Stage Red will streamroll as stage Green, unarmed social worker.

We need an army of Jocko Willinks in the police force!

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But now you're talking about doubling the budget of policing. Now you gotta pay a cop and a social worker for every situation. Twice the cost.

If we had unlimited budgets, then policing would be a lot easier. The crux of the problem is that budgets are tight and corners must be cut.

What if there is 1 social worker on 10 cops and we fire 1 of the cops because there are too many or we make them specialize in communication and forget about social workers? 

Better just to make them all learn more communication and physical skills at the academy because 2 months of training is a joke. 

Edited by Opo

25 minutes ago, Osaid said:

People are nuts.

22 minutes ago, Opo said:

Right but the current push for defunding police works against that, because training costs money.

7 minutes ago, Opo said:

What if there is 1 social worker on 10 cops and we fire 1 of the cops because there are too many or we make them specialize in communication and forget about social workers?

Maybe. We'd have to test it and see if it's viable.

This stuff is not a matter of ideology. We have to test it to make sure it works in the real-world.

I will support whatever is shown to work in the real-world.

Thanks for sharing this.

I watched the video. The cops are clearly at fault here according to me.

I don’t understand how it’s George Floyd’s fault at all. 

5 minutes ago, Akemrelax said:

Thanks for sharing this.

I watched the video. The cops are clearly at fault here according to me.

I don’t understand how it’s George Floyd’s fault at all. 

The cops get off on respect of their authority. He disrespected them by not obeying commands and the longer he is not obeying and they are telling him something more frustrated they get and it's normal for them to take it out on him later they just went overboard now. 

8 minutes ago, Opo said:

The cops get off on respect of their authority. He disrespected them by not obeying commands and the longer he is not obeying and they are telling him something more frustrated they get and it's normal for them to take it out on him later they just went overboard now. 

He was pleading them from the start to the beginning. it's so heartbreaking. Of course he disobeyed the cops, he was having a panic attack.