Joshi3

Solipsism has plagued my mind for almost a year! How do I put this demon to rest.

202 posts in this topic

@Someone here lol okay dude I was playing b cuz I don't have enough power to summon the will required to get on that train with you. But you don't understand reality. Try to open your mind to this possibility. Maybe I'm wrong, but just entertain that thought for a few minutes.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 minute ago, Gesundheit said:

Maybe I'm wrong

Ofcourse you are.   The only way to not be wrong is to shut up;)

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Ofcourse you are.

I agree. However, 

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The only way to not be wrong is to shut up;)

Are you sure? I'll give you the chance to take this back ;)

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

On 04/08/2020 at 5:09 PM, Someone here said:

--- exists but your subjective --- of reality. --- was.. --- will be.. 

200.gif

Your subjectivity is part or your mind.

You cannot prove your statement "nothing exist except your subjectivity", there must be an external word of information to even give you language. So your "nothing" falls apart quickly.

On 04/08/2020 at 5:48 PM, Joshi3 said:

@Someone here you=me? 

No.

You / / Me

On 04/08/2020 at 5:30 PM, Joshi3 said:

@4201 But others not having an experience like josh with an ego and a mind sense of self etc. 

They are.

On 04/08/2020 at 5:49 PM, Member said:

so that you can realize the illusion of being IN separate body. You are IN A HUMAN form but  is nothing for you¿¿ And for every thing, you are nothing, so that ---- potential can manifest in ---- ways.

Jesus. What on EARTH are you talking about?

Why would you create a bad "illusion" of being in a specific body being born in a specific family? If you could simply be this SO INTELLIGENT higher entity that lives by itself all alone experiencing simultaneously all bodies at one?

Why you keep stuck at yourself in one body ( ehoch is what you **REALLY** are yourself in your body..) For what reason? 

Since you don't really live in anyone else's body, and they don't live in yours, so why do you lie so much?

Why would you make it an "Illusion"? Of being born and as Leo say, this higher entity created others so that it's could be in companion. You don't realize how this is pure wishful thinking and is calling this "Higher Entity" which you think is so full.of.potential with great intelligence, not so intelligent and in fact, kinda dumb... humans are outsmarting it?

Fr.

Posted (edited)

On 04/08/2020 at 6:08 PM, Member said:

You're believing to the idea that you're alone. I am a reflection of yourself and you are a reflection of me. You're in control of what the reflection does. Move in a mirror and see what the reflection does. It copies you because it is you.

Good. Good.

I loved that you used this false analogy to make your point. Even though I could also make any other analogy to prove an opposite point, I won't do that.

It's actually good that you made this analogy and affirmed things with certainity, huh? So pretty.

So now we can put it to the test.

Claim: we are a reflection of each other, this is true because when we move one arm, the reflection will also move.

So let's prove it now.I just moved my arms in a certain direction and did a symbolic thing with my fingers, what were those? you must have felt it RIGHT?, even if you take a bit longer to answer this post, you will feel involuntary moves, anyway, right? Just like you said, people are reflections so they must follow what a reflection does.

So tell me. Without dodging, what symbols did I do with my hand and which movements I did with my arms?

I'll be waiting your response.

Ohhh, almost forgetting... since you love the mirror analogy to prove your point, you also forgot to mention that mirrors are reflection also our appearance. So it must follow that you are a complete exact copy of me, so tell me, how do I look like?? Tell me how tall I am and what is my hair color and skin color, eye color and etc.... 

I'll also be waitinf your response.

Once both are easily answered since you are a reflection of me, you will then prove all your claims.

If you don't, it's all discarded gibberish, but I believe you man, I really do. You can do it, you can prove it.

Edited by HonestlyAsking

1 hour ago, HonestlyAsking said:

Your subjectivity is part or your mind.

You cannot prove your statement "nothing exist except your subjectivity", there must be an external word of information to even give you language. So your "nothing" falls apart quickly.

You can't prove objective reality either. All you have is you subjective experience. Right? 

On 8/5/2020 at 10:16 PM, Someone here said:

Yeah it is a statement.. So what now?  Just because it is a statement means what? Means it is automatically false?  Why? 

It is not a belief tho.. A belief is a statement that is just taken on blind faith with no evidence whatsoever.. And not based on any  direct experience of the matter.  my statement is based on direct experience.. So it is not a belief. 

Also answer my previous question.. What exists in actuality other than your direct experience? 

What exists =just subjectivity + ideas about objectivity from within this subjectivity. 

It is a belief. There's direct experience and there are conclusions you're making from it. You can form wrong conclusions from your direct experience. You can think you're speaking purely from direct experience and not be aware of layers and layers of beliefs that are being added to that direct experience. 

Posted (edited)

On 04/08/2020 at 7:30 PM, The Lucid Dreamer said:

@Joshi3 

Either way, I addressed that in my comment by saying that even though “others” are , they still add more new interesting elements to the overall experience of the game.  They are part of the  complex intelligence of creation that you get to experience and explore. And as far as your ego is concerned, they are real, and they are relevant. The same way that in a video game, all the NPC’s are real, relative to your avatar and are important to the way you play and experience the game.  They can make you laugh, they can make you cry, they can tell you things that your ego didn’t already know and help you learn new things about the game and give you new perspectives. They are just as fascinating as anything else within existence.

They only exist relative to your concept of yourself, but you shouldn’t discount the relative.  

The fact of the matter is that ultimately you have always been alone. In fact, there has never even been such a thing as you, so how could there be anyone else? lol. So it’s all just a matter of coming to terms with that, and finding the beauty of existence without that illusion.  

You’ve been attached to the idea of others existing, and that was what gave you a sense of meaning in life, so now you have to find a difference source of meaning.  It’s tough, I’ve been through it.  There’s really nothing anyone can say to bypass that grieving process, but once the grieving period is over, and you have a true experience of  being, you realize that that’s all your life has ever been and you also realize that there could never be anything more meaningful or beautiful than that. All other concepts of other people existing and all of that just becomes shallow.

Edited August 4, 2020 by The Lucid Dreamer
About Replace text online tool
Replace text that you enter or paste
About Replace

I'm assuming you talk from the perspective of lucid dreaming. No, in a lucid dream the people you see are not real and they are not you, they are creations of your own mind, but that doesn't mean they are you, evidence by the fact you still have a specific POV in a dream.

But when it comes to real life , when interacting with other people, is not the same as playing GTA and interacting with NPC's, NPC's are also created by the game and their script is limited, they always say the same thing. So it's not a good analogy for life.

But you are being dishonest here, why didn't you a better analogy? You interact with people the same way you interact during an online GTA game..each person has their own controller and each person is controlling their own character, that would be their soul in their bodies. 

You could have used this argument too, then why being dishonest here?

Edited by Notconnecting

You put the demon to rest by realizing that solipsism isn't anything bad and isn't a problem.

There is literally no problem with it. Notice that your mind is manufacturing the problem. So what if you are alone? Enjoy life all the same. And if you can't enjoy life alone, you also can't enjoy it any other way.

Why do you need another being to reflect back to you the beauty of life? Don't you see that this step is extraneous? If life is good then you shouldn't need anyone else to corroborate that for you.

If every human in the world died tomorrow and you were left all alone, life would still be as beautiful as ever. In fact, maybe more so :D

So just bite the bullet and you will see solipsism is nothing bad.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If every human in the world died tomorrow and you were left all alone, life would still be as beautiful as ever. In fact, maybe more so :D

Well said leo.

Because I'm God and I love myself, I would be fine. As long as I love my creation I don't need the illusion of existing anybody else out there.

A thought can´t ever tell you how you feel.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You put the demon to rest by realizing that solipsism isn't anything bad and isn't a problem.

There is literally no problem with it. Notice that your mind is manufacturing the problem. So what if you are alone? Enjoy life all the same. And if you can't enjoy life alone, you also can't enjoy it any other way.

Why do you need another being to reflect back to you the beauty of life? Don't you see that this step is extraneous? If life is good then you shouldn't need anyone else to corroborate that for you.

lol sometimes I think you just don't have any interest in other people 

Matters involving empathy, other creatures, morality, solipsism, I now somewhat avoid those topics. With the intention of entering a not-knowing of surrender. Because I don't know 

"Piercing through the whitewash will turn into the truth someday
I want to keep believing in it stubbornly; It’s just my faith. The absolute truth."

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can't refute solipsism.

You may be the only one that exists and you don't know. I mean uttetly alone. We are all npcs and only YOU leo exist.

I mean literally, not on some metaphysical way of oneness where we are all the same Self and yada yada..or some feel-good "god realization" where everything on 5 MeO seems to become you on a distorted perception, no , no , no. I mean only, YOU literally ALONE right NOW, no time, no past, no birth. All people you have ever interacted in your life are NPCs, empty void soulless, and you don't know that. 

Just reflecting back your own creation.

Edited by Notconnecting

Your perspective exists on relative terms, other perspectives exist on relative terms, a tree and a cat exist on relative terms, the stars exist on relative terms. 

And yet on absolute terms none of it exists and can all be boiled down into a singular consciousness or essence as being the very source of all those things that you experience. 

Understanding the paradox that reality is both one and many is crucial. From nonduality springs duality. The context of the dream completely changes, but the contents within it all remain the same. 

1 hour ago, Notconnecting said:

We are all npcs and only YOU leo exist.

See this is still not getting it, as “Leo” is just as much a figment of imagination as all the “npcs” from the absolute sense. From the absolute sense all that can be said is just being, just consciousness, just energy, just peace, and nothing more than that. But of course this would just be boring after a while, hence what I think to be the entire reason why you experience a dualistic existence in the first place, which allows the universe to know itself at all.

In relative terms God can manifest itself as a form that doesn’t know it is god yet that doesn’t change the fact that it is god. Likewise a person can be unaware of the existence of a species of animal and have it still exist. To say reality is a single infinite consciousness is not the same as saying it is a single finite perspective, and to suggest so is simply untrue and honestly  boring to me, and does NOT match up with my own direct experience at all. It is almost pointless to discuss the relative world of form from the absolute sense, because from that place quite literally nothing exists at all, it doesn’t really apply. 

There is no ONE perspective that is god because perspective requires a subject/object duality to exist, it is the very absence of all perspective that is the godhead, or at least this is how I have experienced it. 

@Leo Gura I’m still not sure how your idea of “perceptual bubbles” matches up with the classic idea of solipsism, these two ideas directly contradict each other. Also let me know if you disagree with anything I said above. 

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The body is already serving as a mirror for consciousness to know the full beauty (and sometimes ugliness) of forms and the world... Solipsism is actually just a philosophy it is not Truth for me. But what is true for me is what I stated in previous comment. It does seem that the body serves exactly as a mirror to consciousness, otherwise the eye cannot see itself without that mirror. Formlessness cannot know itself without form. What do you think about this?

PS: The original poster can put the demon away by seeing that it is an illusion within his consciousness, its a way of seeing the world out of many other ways. See the snake is not a snake but a stick! Hehe 

Edited by Dodo

Not Even One
God/Goddess/Spirit guide me
Awaken True Love Within

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Not for ordinary people who have no clue what spirituality, meditation is! 

Did you watch movie Passengers (2016) btw? 

Stupid people go crazy like that easily in such solitudes even if the place is like heaven! :D

Edited by m0hsen

2 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

Not for ordinary people who have no clue what spirituality, meditation is! 

We talking about how to stop being a moron.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.