Joshi3

Solipsism has plagued my mind for almost a year! How do I put this demon to rest.

202 posts in this topic

I have had many psychedelic experiences of consciousness on acid, mushrooms, dmt. My highest doses being 4 tabs, 6 grams, and about a point and a half. It has struck me deep to my core that reality is PURELY RELATIVE. I even became aware I am god on a dmt breakthrough. But through the beginning of the journey on the path to now it has been a BURDEN to my mental, physical, and emotional well being. My mind can’t let go of solipsism it seems to me I am just talking to myself in different bodies as god. But I have evolved further now, any advice I get from Leo or someone more conscious just leaves me confused. What should I do? There 100% needs to be a solipsism video, I am not the only one who has had this problem in self realization. Look for the replies I have received about it from Leo on my profile. It’s madness 

Edited by Joshi3

Nothing exists but your subjective experience of reality. Always was.. Always will be.. 

200.gif

Why is solipsism a problem? How do you react to solipsism? 

@4201 my mind doesn’t really call it solipsism Because that seems like a concept. But others not having an experience like josh with an ego and a mind sense of self etc. basically I’m god just interacting with myself in multiple bodies. So I’m you replying to my own questions about solipsism lmao 

However solipsism assumes that

1) the universe is "created" and did not always exist 

2) our awareness not  sufficient to prove that there are consciousness people and things external to our one means that there are none that there is none 

3) our awareness not  sufficient to prove that there are physical objects independent of our aware means there are none

but these are assumptions and useless in everyday life 

If I tell you everything is an illusion.   Can you use that in your everyday life? 
No , we say that when there is a flame on a stove we take it as faith from experience that we will get burned if we touch it 
and if we touch a computer screen that is playing a video of a flame that we are safe in touching it 

So we have words for this "real"  and "simulated" 
and one can suggest when you burn you hand in the flame that the feeling is also imaginary.  Suppose it is.
Do we then put our hand in it?  
So if w are confident that our existence is real we are also confident that we make choices that might not be complete arbitrary 
and discern a flame from a simulation.     Then a magician plays a tricks and shows our predictions, that we call "reality"  aren't always reliable. 
Yet in knowing this do we then stop trying to distinguish the real from the fake?   Do we then start putting our hand in the flame and consider that 
getting burned and being in pain might be just a random thing?
No

26 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Nothing exists but your subjective experience of reality. Always was.. Always will be.. 

200.gif

So that means you don’t have an subjective experience of reality? 

2 minutes ago, Joshi3 said:

So that means you don’t have an subjective experience of reality? 

There is nothing but my subjective experience of reality. Always was. Always will be. 

14 minutes ago, Joshi3 said:

@4201 my mind doesn’t really call it solipsism Because that seems like a concept. But others not having an experience like josh with an ego and a mind sense of self etc. basically I’m god just interacting with myself in multiple bodies. So I’m you replying to my own questions about solipsism lmao 

Don't treat yourself in multiple bodies as mere hallucination. You exist in multiple bodies so that you can realize the illusion of being a separate body. You are everything but everything is nothing for you. And for every thing, you are nothing, so that infinite potential can manifest in infinite ways.

Do you still take psychedelics?

“There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” ― Dr. Seuss

Just now, Joshi3 said:

@Someone here you=me? 

The same consciousness is looking and lighting through our eyes.

That makes me you and you me and you you and me me. 

@Member @Someone here exactly what I thought it was. Me=you, I met this bartender at this summer solstice party and she self realized as well. First time I met anyone who knew they were me in person. Felt very magical and special. I don’t believe in solipsism it’s my mind that won’t shut up about it. Also Leo has told me some weird ass shit. 

21 minutes ago, Joshi3 said:

The concept of "me" is in you (god) but not the physical me. Leo would say the physical me doesn't exists, because physical reality doesn't exist either. It's true that physical reality is purely conceptual within god and its true that god cannot explore anything non conceptual so it is practically the same as "non existing".

Are you directly experiencing the fact that the physical reality is only assumed? Solipsism doesn't apply if you still hold this assumption. The idea that physical reality doesn't exist shouldn't be held as a belief though.

@kag101 I do not I am trying to get fully sober and healed. My point being was I have had some deep experiences. @4201 I’m not sure, I don’t know if I’ve gotten that far. I’ve become aware reality is imaginary. 

@Joshi3 There is no sober vs psychedelic dIstinction which you are hoping to arrive to. I don’t know how to break that to you. Once you kill materialism, it’s dead. 

5 minutes ago, Joshi3 said:

Me=you [...] I don’t believe in solipsism it’s my mind that won’t shut up about it.

You're resisting to the idea that you're alone (and have always been). I am nothing but a reflection of yourself and you are nothing but a reflection of me. You're totally in control of what the reflection does. Move in a mirror and see what the reflection does. It copies you because it is you.

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The same consciousness is looking and lighting through our eyes.

That makes me you and you me and you you and me me. 

that sounds good but how do you know? 

12 minutes ago, Joshi3 said:

@4201 I’m not sure, I don’t know if I’ve gotten that far. I’ve become aware reality is imaginary. 

I would argue its much more important to realize "you" is imaginary. Personally I don't really care about letting go of reality. Reality is not the source of my pain, reality is just what it is. Whether its real or not couldn't be less relevant to me. My self however is the root cause of all my problems.

Can you see how you create a self that is negatively affected by consciousness of some things the self didn't want to be conscious about?

Edited by 4201

Everything is one mesh. From the subset of that mesh, different realities are emerging. Yes, you are that whole, but you're also the parts of it. Who's asking? The part, or the whole? Is your cup full, or empty?

"Every culture that's ever existed has operated under the illusion that it understood 95% of reality and that the other 5% would be delivered in the next 18 months, and from Egypt forward they've been running around believing they had a perfect grip on things and yet we look back at every society that preceded us with great smugness at how naive they all were. Well, it never occurs to us, then, that maybe we're whistling in the dark too!" -- Terence McKenna