nahtanoj

6 Reasons so Many Spiritual People Have Been Fooled by Qanon

16 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, nahtanoj said:

2) Overly Simplistic, Binary Thinking

The new age scene has a serious psycho-spiritual problem: the suppression of unconscious shadow material.

Their often excessively one-sided focus on the pure, spiritual plane of light and love leads to an equally excessive negation of "negative emotions" like fear and anger. Many new agers have created a self image of their own personality, a "spiritual ego," by which they pretend to already embody the pure, luminous being they aspire to be and thereby suppress their “negativity” in a way that it isn't accessible to their conscious reflection. The shadow therefore takes on a life of its own, which will terrorize and subconsciously dominate them from the psychological substratum of the neglected, unloved parts of themselves.

Fear and anger are powerful emotions, which don't go away by denying them. To the very contrary, the shadow grows the more it's denied. And the more you have to suppress negativity in yourself, the more susceptible you will be to binary conspiracy narratives of good-vs-evil.

As Paul Levy writes in his seminal work Dispelling Wetiko:

Spiritual/New Age practitioners who endlessly affirm the light while ignoring the shadow are one more example of yet another style of falling under the spell of wetiko. It’s a beautiful thing to visualize and affirm the light, just not as an unconscious or fearful reaction against the darkness. Many metaphysical “light workers” are actually caricatures of genuine spiritual practitioners, as in their affirmations of the light are unwittingly avoiding conscious relationship with the darkness within themselves.
Thinking that they don’t want to “feed the darkness” by putting their attention on it, in their turning away from and avoiding their own darkness, they are unwittingly reinforcing the very evil from which they are fleeing. Looking away from darkness, thus keeping it unconscious, is what evil depends upon for its existence. If we unconsciously react, as compared to consciously respond, to evil by turning a blind eye toward it – “seeing no evil” – we are investing the darkness with power over us.”

The "everything is nothing" police in here will tell you that thinking itself is an illusion, so what you are proposing here simply does not exist. There is no negative energy, fear, anger, shadow, self, only one god and consciousness. Its all a dream. Everything is alright, you just need enlightenment to see it all clearly.

@wwhy no, I know this is a dream, but I take it seriously and also laugh at it. 

Which is what life is. You laugh and cry.

Its all a dream is saying something else. Its saying there is nothing to laugh or cry about.

A guy on facebook for me who is super into Ayahuasca and the dualism new agey stuff around it is deep into Qanon.

Is this really a thing now?

Lol

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Is there a conspiracy theory you don't believe in?"

*Laughs* ... "I can't think of one on the top of my head right now."

Everything IS LOVE, everything is music... :x

@Marten The amazing thing is that regardless of who killed JFK, it was certainly (a) conservative(s). JFK, RFK, MLK were all killed by conservatives.

60 years ago this dude would be the one cheering on JFK's death. JFK was today's antifa.

@Leo Gura Wow, yeah, amazing how society evolves. I remember than you mentioned the older more conservative generation has to die off in order for the younger more progressive to take over, only to then become conservative as time goes on and a new more progressive generation is born, and so on. That we get so "stuck" in our beliefs and values that death is really a huge factor in societal evolution, and hence spiral evolution.

To me, one of your greatest contribution to mankind is teaching open-mindedness. I sense this can really help shift the balance towards more progressive evolution, sooner. I also sense that psychedelics is a huge part of that. My own views on politics and society are shifting big time, much thanks to "conscious politics" and working with psychedelics. I'm becoming less of a devil. I didn't care about politics a year ago, and was pretty cynical. Now I'm voting and being more responsible. I appreciate government and politics much more. Eyes wide open.

Everything IS LOVE, everything is music... :x

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

I also sense that psychedelics is a huge part of that.

Well, that is what triggered the 60's revolution and the rise of Green in America.

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

My own views on politics and society are shifting big time, much thanks to "conscious politics" and working with psychedelics. I'm becoming less of a devil. I didn't care about politics a year ago, and was pretty cynical. Now I'm voting and being more responsible. I appreciate government and politics much more. Eyes wide open.

Good for you :)

@Don Wei This article might interest you, it touched upon some of the things you were concerned about

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

The sad thing is that a lot of my spiritual friends believe in Qanon I send them Leo's videos, I explain to them how they are wrong. But they say I'm brainwashed by mainstream society. Sometimes I have to acknowledge that some stuff that Qanon post is true but that doesn't mean that Qanon is trump lol or that there is a real conspiracy. It's so tricky when the conspiracy theories get mixed with real conspiracies.

The Shadow is being projected upon the world, that is an interesting framing of what is happening

On 4.8.2020 at 1:57 AM, nahtanoj said:

This is a good article I found. I think the person who writes it is in Spiral Dynamics stage Yellow.

https://www.filmsforaction.org/articles/6-reasons-so-many-spiritual-people-have-been-fooled-by-qanon/

The way the article is written and this topic is understood seems very much orange to me. There is a far deeper structural change going on that is causing this.

What has changed is basically the way people interface with reality and the way they are dealing with the rapid change in the world. We are dealing with maybe the biggest societal epistemological problem ever, the systems we have used to create a shared intersubjective reality are falling away. What the article did is basically present a few superficial symptoms, but is not even hinting at the actual cause of what is going on.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

Just now, nahtanoj said:

@Scholar thanks for the video, really interesting!

I don't agree with everything being said there, I feel like he is missing some parts of the picture, but definitely has some good key insights.

Glory to Israel