Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oMarcos

Chaotic Perspective Shifting

2 posts in this topic

I've been noticing for awhile that this is my case. I never defined myself in any particular way, I never understood how someone could be so deluded by any given identity concept such as for instance to be a soccer team or religious afficionado. I found myself navigating in a mildst of chaos where everything is just relative and I'm struggling. I often need to assure that I see reality in a very particular way, and if not not I feel like losing myself. I often make sure to be very ritualistic in my daily habits, and having my bedroom very organized in a particular way, I need to grab a particular mind set to keep going through the day. I know that I tend to be even more like this when I'm in a situation where I might feel I could lose important relationships in my life.

I wonder if the majority of people are just naturally and rigidly stuck on their own perspective most of their times and some others might be more vulnerable and therefore more perspectival sensitive. What do you think

It sounds hypocritical to call people deluded for fixed aspects of their identity, but to then be ritualistic and need things a certain way. They each sound like alternate manifestations of a single thing. So perhaps try to understand the former with regards to the latter.

Jungian psychology may be of use here. Perspective shifting is associated with Ni. Identity is related to ego and persona, but also introverted judgement, or something like that. Ritual and relationships are associated with Fe. Relationships are also Fi, and also anima/animus and belonging needs.

Just some pointers for further inquiry, if you choose to research that path.