Nak Khid

Dennis McKenna has been taking Psychedelics for 40 years, is he enlightened?

66 posts in this topic

Consciousness is God actually. Not as philosophy not as religion not as some mumbo jumbo. Actually. 

Dennis McKenna: Speculation on enlightened states
channel: DMT: The Spirit Molecule

Terence McKenna - On Enlightenment
the Ethnobotany of Shamanism Non 1988

Dennis McKenna: Our misguided experiment in externalizing a psychdedelic trip, 2011

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The psychedelic alone is not enough. What really matters you must have a burning desire to fully awaken. This desire is the key and it's very rare.

Without such a desire, no matter how many psychedelics you take, you will not fully awaken.

God will never force you to surrender yourself. You must do it willingly.

If you have any remnants of desire for awakening that means you're not awake.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Can somebody be enlightened but claim they're not ? 

I see a lot of you guys on here just repeatedly spewing bullshit.

If I don't start seeing signs that you're actually doing inner work, I'll be kicking you outta here.

This forum is not a place to mentally masturbate about stuff you've never directly experienced.

If you are incapable of clearing this bar, this forum is not for you. I'm tired of reading posts from people who clearly have no direct experience of the things they're talking about.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I know that doesnt include me because I have had breakthroughs of seeing how the universe is a dream. Honestly We all see where your coming from. Life is too short to be reading posts about things that dont relate to spirituality from people who dont know what they're saying. 

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@Leo Gura what made you really want to awaken? Is it your illness?

explain grammar to an alien ?

@Leo Gura and also I can tell that your pushing our fear buttons. So I want to ask you. What is your ultimate objective of your forum? Cause I really don't know. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

God will never force you to surrender yourself. You must do it willingly.

18 hours ago, electroBeam said:

But what gives you the desire to awaken? God!

What Leo is pointing to, is that God is not outside you as an object. God will not force you to surrender, precisely because God doesn't exist as something external. You are God. Thus, if you want to awaken to your own Divinity (your True Nature), you must do it willingly ;>

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

2 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

What Leo is pointing to, is that God is not outside you as an object. God will not force you to surrender, precisely because God doesn't exist as something external. You are God. Thus, if you want to awaken to your own Divinity (your True Nature), you must do it willingly ;>

That whole statement is just completely undefined in my land. I'm on a completely different planet to you. God doesn't force anything. There is no force. Force is something the devil invented/illusion. Its not actually there. Things are just happening. There's no "if you wanna awaken" There's just you awakening and pretending there's an "if" to keep the illusion going. 

18 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

There's no "if you wanna awaken"

Except there is.

Do you want to awaken or not?

It's a simple issue. Don't make it complicated.

Right now you could decide that you really want to. And that will make a positive difference.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not that simple as it's not a matter of wanting. You may want to move an object with the power of your mind but it doesn't happen because your desire is strong or you're forcing a pseudo belief into reality. It could be a lifetime process. Psychedelics and meditation solely or just wanting, makes no difference if you're not ready. You guys take enlightenment too easy.

1 hour ago, diamondpenguin said:

@Leo Gura and also I can tell that your pushing our fear buttons. So I want to ask you. What is your ultimate objective of your forum? Cause I really don't know. 

An unsolicited opinion- its an adjunct to a business idea, which superficially attempts to address matters of supreme value (which by their very nature require commitment, effort and work) through the medium of language which is not up to the job alone. It guides a little, misleads more and lacks the nuance required to aid any students from their current state of knowledge. It should be regarded as entertainment.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm tired.

Take some rest.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Nak Khid He's a junkie xD An enlightened Junkie. Everybody is enlightened, simply because Ego is an illusion :P Even the biggest and baddest ego doesn't exist in reality, so why are we even talking about it! lmao

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Except there is.

Right now you could decide that you really want to. And that will make a positive difference.

Well lets go meta on that.

Can you predict when you're gonna decide to have a burning desire to awaken? What environmental factors, genetic factors? Etc?

Did you decide when you were going to decide when you were gonna have a burning desire to awaken?

Can you point out why you have a burning desire but others don't? Or in non dualistic terms, why you have a burning desire to awaken when its possible not to have one?

Does logical reasoning determine the existence of a burning desire for awakening?

Is there a moral function for why you must have a desire to awaken at a particular time? Does it happen due to feeling something like empathy or guilt, etc. 

Are there any rules for when a burning desire for awakening to occur?

Notice how the answer is no?

Notice how there's no rules or patterns that determine when a burning desire for awakening occurs. If your ego could decide, then a burning desire to awaken would occur off the batt of some moral or logical premise. Because free will for an ego means stuff happens based on logical or moral reason and causation, etc that the ego thought through. The ego doesn't just make spontaneous decisions. The reason why we feel like the ego makes decisions is because, what happens in reality gets interpreted to align with with the ego's opinions and reasons. If you punch me and i punch you back, i believe i as an ego has free will, because logically and morally the right thing for an ego to do would be to punch you back. If i did spontaneous stuff not in alignment with my morals and logical reasoning, like for example do a high five after you punch me, i would feel like the ego is not in control. Free will illusion is perpetuated by this moral and logical ego consciousness causation and prediction of the future.

Thats why when God decides not to meditate but your ego wants to, and then you dont because gods in control not the ego, instead of admitting whether you meditate or not isnt up to you, you come up with the lie of procrastination. You cant handle that you are not in control, so you twist reality to support the matrix. 

Now if your burning desire for awakening occurs without any prelude to any logical or moral cause, then you aint deciding it. Its just happening. Its a miracle, spontaneous. Its not something you decide. For you to decide it, it must align with the opinions and logical reason of the ego, but it doesn't. It just happens. 

7 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Well lets go meta on that.

Can you predict when you're gonna decide to have a burning desire to awaken? What environmental factors, genetic factors? Etc?

Did you decide when you were going to decide when you were gonna have a burning desire to awaken?

Can you point out why you have a burning desire but others don't? Or in non dualistic terms, why you have a burning desire to awaken when its possible not to have one?

Does logical reasoning determine the existence of a burning desire for awakening?

Is there a moral function for why you must have a desire to awaken at a particular time? Does it happen due to feeling something like empathy or guilt, etc. 

Are there any rules for when a burning desire for awakening to occur?

Notice how the answer is no?

Notice how there's no rules or patterns that determine when a burning desire for awakening occurs. If your ego could decide, then a burning desire to awaken would occur off the batt of some moral or logical premise. Because free will for an ego means stuff happens based on logical or moral reason and causation, etc that the ego thought through. The ego doesn't just make spontaneous decisions. The reason why we feel like the ego makes decisions is because, what happens in reality gets interpreted to align with with the ego's opinions and reasons. If you punch me and i punch you back, i believe i as an ego has free will, because logically and morally the right thing for an ego to do would be to punch you back. If i did spontaneous stuff not in alignment with my morals and logical reasoning, like for example do a high five after you punch me, i would feel like the ego is not in control. Free will illusion is perpetuated by this moral and logical ego consciousness causation and prediction of the future.

Thats why when God decides not to meditate but your ego wants to, and then you dont because gods in control not the ego, instead of admitting whether you meditate or not isnt up to you, you come up with the lie of procrastination. You cant handle that you are not in control, so you twist reality to support the matrix. 

Now if your burning desire for awakening occurs without any prelude to any logical or moral cause, then you aint deciding it. Its just happening. Its a miracle, spontaneous. Its not something you decide. For you to decide it, it must align with the opinions and logical reason of the ego, but it doesn't. It just happens.

Desire exists because of lack. You imagine that you lack something, or you lose something that you used to have, so then desire gets created as energy to help you get what you want. Fundamentally, all desire is identification, which is ego. Your desire is exactly as big as your ego.

However, you can shift this desire from being selfish to something larger, that is spirit. Therefore, it's useful for an ego to have a desire for awakening. Because this specific form of desire makes the ego less selfish. The ego then pursues awakening until it gets it. Once you have something, you will not want it anymore. Just like with food or sex. You feel hungry or horny, so you keep having a desire to fulfil until you fulfil it. And then it dies, for some time. And then it gets created again, from lack. And so on for eternity.

30 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Notice how there's no rules or patterns that determine when a burning desire for awakening occurs. If your ego could decide, then a burning desire to awaken would occur off the batt of some moral or logical premise. Because free will for an ego means stuff happens based on logical or moral reason and causation, etc that the ego thought through. The ego doesn't just make spontaneous decisions. [...] Free will illusion is perpetuated by this moral and logical ego consciousness causation and prediction of the future.

Ego creates the illusion that you have no free will, so that it can limit your potential. It is a self-limiting belief. It creates separation between the subject and the object, body and mind, you and others. It totally lacks self control. Suff isn't just happening, you are stuff happening. Also don't confuse free will with desire or wanting. Having an object of desire is like seeing the object as being separate from yourself, see the story of Narcissus.

@Member my friends are pretty sure they have free will lol.

At this stage of awakening, talking about enlightenment is like talking about pink to a blind man.