Nak Khid

Dennis McKenna has been taking Psychedelics for 40 years, is he enlightened?

66 posts in this topic

51NIRYAdDbL._SY346_.jpg

Dennis McKenna has been taking Psychedelics of various types for 40 years.
That far exceeds Martin Ball or Leo Gura 
is he enlightened?  

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

McKenna received his Master's degree in botany at the University of Hawaii in 1979.[3] He received his doctorate in botanical sciences in 1984 from the University of British Columbia, where he wrote a dissertation entitled Monoamine oxidase inhibitors in Amazonian hallucinogenic plants: ethnobotanical, phytochemical, and pharmacological investigations. McKenna then received post-doctoral research fellowships in the Laboratory of Clinical Pharmacology, National Institute of Mental Health, and in the Department of Neurology, Stanford University School of Medicine.

McKenna's research led to the development of natural products for Aveda Corporation as well as greater awareness of natural products and medicines. He has authored numerous scientific articles and books. He co-authored The Invisible Landscape with his brother Terence and Botanical Medicines: the Desk Reference for Major Herbal Supplements with Kenneth Jones and Kerry Hughes.
 McKenna spent a number of years as a senior lecturer for the Center for Spirituality and Healing, part of the Academic Health Center at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. He is now a senior research scientist for the Natural Health Products Research Group at the British Columbia Institute of Technology in the Vancouver area.

His research has included the pharmacology, botany, and chemistry of ayahuasca and oo-koo-hé, the subjects of his master's thesis.
He has also conducted extensive fieldwork in the Peruvian, Colombian, and Brazilian Amazon.

Psilocybin mushroom cultivation[edit]

During the early 1970s McKenna developed a technique for cultivating psilocybin mushrooms with his brother Terence and they published what they had learned in a book entitled Psilocybin - Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide. McKenna and his brother were the first to come up with a reliable method for cultivating psilocybin mushrooms at home

11 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

51NIRYAdDbL._SY346_.jpg

Dennis McKenna has been taking Psychedelics of various types for 40 years.
That far exceeds Martin Ball or Leo Gura 
is he enlightened?  

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

McKenna received his Master's degree in botany at the University of Hawaii in 1979.[3] He received his doctorate in botanical sciences in 1984 from the University of British Columbia, where he wrote a dissertation entitled Monoamine oxidase inhibitors in Amazonian hallucinogenic plants: ethnobotanical, phytochemical, and pharmacological investigations. McKenna then received post-doctoral research fellowships in the Laboratory of Clinical Pharmacology, National Institute of Mental Health, and in the Department of Neurology, Stanford University School of Medicine.

McKenna's research led to the development of natural products for Aveda Corporation as well as greater awareness of natural products and medicines. He has authored numerous scientific articles and books. He co-authored The Invisible Landscape with his brother Terence and Botanical Medicines: the Desk Reference for Major Herbal Supplements with Kenneth Jones and Kerry Hughes.
 McKenna spent a number of years as a senior lecturer for the Center for Spirituality and Healing, part of the Academic Health Center at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. He is now a senior research scientist for the Natural Health Products Research Group at the British Columbia Institute of Technology in the Vancouver area.

His research has included the pharmacology, botany, and chemistry of ayahuasca and oo-koo-hé, the subjects of his master's thesis.
He has also conducted extensive fieldwork in the Peruvian, Colombian, and Brazilian Amazon.

Psilocybin mushroom cultivation[edit]

During the early 1970s McKenna developed a technique for cultivating psilocybin mushrooms with his brother Terence and they published what they had learned in a book entitled Psilocybin - Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide. McKenna and his brother were the first to come up with a reliable method for cultivating psilocybin mushrooms at home

Why do you care? So you can somehow proof that psychedelics don't enlighten you or what? ? honest question.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Adamq8

More important question is why do quote whole 5 kilometer long post to give 2 sentence answer directly below that post.

The psychedelic alone is not enough. What really matters you must have a burning desire to fully awaken. This desire is the key and it's very rare.

Without such a desire, no matter how many psychedelics you take, you will not fully awaken.

God will never force you to surrender yourself. You must do it willingly.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The psychedelic alone is not enough. What really matters you must have a burning desire to fully awaken. This desire is the key and it's very rare.

Without such a desire, no matter how many psychedelics you take, you will not fully awaken.

But fully awakening is pretty much mahasamadhi. If you watch sadhguru closely, and compare it to your own consciousness, its clear there's still some egoic conscousness there. 

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But what gives you the desire to awaken? God!

16 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

its clear there's still some egoic conscousness there.

I obviously have a lot of egoic consciousness left.

17 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

But what gives you the desire to awaken? God!

The same thing that gives Hitler the desire to kill Jews.

The same thing that gives Hitler the desire to kill Jews.

I dont get how god is so selfless that he can't force you to awaken. Your ego has no free will. Its not in control. Your ego can't choose not to awaken.

I'm watching my consciousness now, my desire to awaken or to reveal my self deception and devilry wasn't my little ego's choice. Its just happening. 

7 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

I'm watching my consciousness now, my desire to awaken or to reveal my self deception and devilry wasn't my little ego's choice. Its just happening.

Ditto for Hitler's desire to kill Jews.

It's just happening ;)

If you were born in a different time and different place, you would be Hitler, plotting to kill Jews.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Right which means God isn't selfless enough to allow you to not surrender. Your gonna surrender whether you like it or not because you're not in control.

It's just happening ;)

If you were born in a different time and different place, you would be Hitler, plotting to kill Jews.

m8 you're replying to the most autistic, masculine spiritual seeker on here. You're not triggering me, you're feeding me what i want ;)

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I love that. 35458.gif

24 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Right which means God isn't selfless enough to allow you to not surrender. Your gonna surrender whether you like it or not because you're not in control.

Your understanding is still full of subtle dualities between self vs God and control vs no-control.

God is Absolute. Which means God is inevitable. God cannot be otherwise than what it is. It is completely committed to Absolute Love.

Since you are God, you are the very nexus of surrender. You will choose to surrender, but looking backwards at it you will realize your surrender was your destiny.

Whatever happens is inevitable. If you choose to surrender, that's inevitable. If you choose not to surrender, that's also inevitable.

God is a tautology. It must be whatever it is. If God is Hitler, it is Hitler and it will not awaken. If God is a sage or yogi, then God will awaken. And everything in between.

Your awakening is completely guaranteed -- but only if you actually awaken.

Now you say, "But that's so obvious it's true by definition!"

OF COURSE! God is true by definition! Everything true is true by definition because the nature of Truth is that it has no opposite, no alternative.

@Leo Gura Yep that's right. The devil never wanted to not surrender to God in the first place, he was just pretending to, because devil = god ;)

How else do you make a powerful awakening?

@Leo Gura Should we take what is for granted so that it can decide our future? What is now is always changing, nothing will ever be the same. Yet we're talking like everything is predetermined until it becomes self-fulfilling prophecy.

Edited by Member

51 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

If you watch sadhguru closely, and compare it to your own consciousness, its clear there's still some egoic conscousness there. 

Of course he has. You can't push through indian spiritual hierarchies being some lovey dovey hippie. Same was with Osho. For me this video tells much about how passive aggressive these spiritual teachers can be.

5 minutes ago, Member said:

@Leo Gura Should we take what is for granted so that it can decide our future? What is now is always changing, nothing will ever be the same. Yet we're talking like everything is predetermined until it becomes self-fulfilling prophecy.

You are God and you imagine everything. And everything you imagine is Love. The end.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are God and you imagine everything. The end.

Yeah but surrender to what? You're talking like there's a separate self deciding your future/destiny. Is reality predetermined?

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Since you are God, you are the very nexus of surrender. You will choose to surrender, but looking backwards at it you will realize your surrender was your destiny.

Edited by Member

3 minutes ago, Member said:

Yeah but surrender to what? You're talking like there's a separate self deciding your future/destiny.

Yes, because all talk is dualistic and relative.

If you're not already fully awake, then there is a separate sense of self in you which thinks it must or must not surrender.

AFTER you fully surrender, then that illusion will go away.

I am speaking to you from within the perspective of the illusion. Because if you were fully awake and had no illusion, I wouldn't need to speak to you at all.

How is this not obvious??