Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flicker_boy

You Underestimate Metta/loving-kindness Practice

9 posts in this topic

been experimenting with metta for more or less 5 min at the end of each sit and maaan, that shit is powerful. to all meditation geeks I highly recomend this. its simple: find a pleasant sensation on the body and focus on that, after some time when you are set try to start to evoke the purest type of love you are capable of, let it flood the room. that simple. its also great for dealing with people. when you are dealing with the average confused human it can really lighten their load (for a while)

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

Who told u about that?

just curious... 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

After practicing Metta (love) for long time, you'll see how powerful it is. You will never feel lonely, nothing can disappoint you, everything looks beautiful, you'll feel like you are loved by everything. Most importantly, nothing can distract you in your life anymore. 

I've messed around with it but can never make it past my immediate family and close friends, and frankly even that is difficult for me to stay focused on. Once I try to move onto someone of more distant relation or someone who I actively dislike I lose it quick.

I don't doubt it's value, I think I just suck at it lol

Edited by ChimpBrain

@How to be wise doesn't matter. If it works it works. Try it out for yourself

anyway, I learned it from shinzen and vipassana

Edited by InsidesOut

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

This remind me a tecnique explained from Osho in the Book of Secrets: Look lovingly at an object. Do not go on to another object. Here in the middle of the object- the blessing.

Find similarities in other people or things and start practicing from that. Find the connections between others and yourself. For example we are all made of Four Elements. Everything and everyone is functioning only according to their nature just like you are. When "LOVE" becomes stronger, instead of fixing, you will only want to accept as the way they are and you have no problem being around anyone. Because you are the way you are and they are just the way they are. You don't need to push them away or pull them toward you. :)

@Khin Still active on this forum? I'd like to ask you some stuff about metta

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback