Kalki Avatar

Shunyamurti speaks about Psychedelics

45 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

He always tickles in me this fascination for the possibility that history has way different backgrounds than we all think. Also this thing about the Yuga cycles and that a few thousand years ago people were WAY more conscious than we are today ... I have no clue, could be bullshit. But could be true as well.

Phew, at least the answers are all inside the Self forever. What a cool storyline all this is

I confronted Shunya directly on the notion that people were more conscious in the past than today.

His response to me was the people in the ancient Roman times were more conscious than today. Then he brushed me off.

Apparently he doesn't know that 30-40% of the ancient Roman population were slaves.

Be careful what hippie bullshit you subscribe to.

Just because someone is enlightened does make him immune to bullshit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura he probably just spoke about the educated elite. So he was kind of right. Of course the group of Roman philosophers was better than the modern political elite

Edited by kagaria

explain grammar to an alien ?

25 minutes ago, kagaria said:

@Leo Gura he probably just spoke about the educated elite. So he was kind of right. Of course the group of Roman philosophers was better than the modern political elite

But it is a foolish way to think. The whole point is that Roman philosophers were elite millionaires who did their philosophy off the back of slave labor.

Rome was less conscious than we are today. Much less.

Socrates was so conservative he didn't even believe in books/writing! Books/writing was seen as liberal devilry.

Romanticizing the past is very dangerous.

In the past, humans were basically animals.

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I confronted Shunya directly on the notion that people were more conscious in the past than today.

His response to me was the people in the ancient Roman times were more conscious than today. Then he brushed me off.

Apparently he doesn't know that 30-40% of the ancient Roman population were slaves.

Be careful what hippie bullshit you subscribe to.

Just because someone is enlightened does make him immune to bullshit.

Very interesting. I like that you asked him directly. And you are right, I'm really trying to balance trust in his guidance and complete self-authority in only direct experience. He's a strange guy, much wisdom but also hard to see through.

I also asked him about his thoughts on A. H. Almaas, who I think you would find very interesting (masterful thinker in how the ego functions and how it came to be, deeply rooted in intense psychological study, and his practice is very very close to yours). He apparently even met him and studied with his scholars for a while, but found his theory too lacking at some point. Thought I'd throw that in here

@Leo Gura you might be right but I do not want you to dismiss Shunyamurti's teachings because of only one factual mistake he has made. He provides a very intelligent and coherent analysis of the ego structure, Atmanology etc. Also being very well-read and educated about ancient teachings as well as different metaphors for the higher self in various traditions is very rare and by far not 'hippie bullshit'. 

Edited by kagaria

explain grammar to an alien ?

@kagaria Lol

I am the one who introduced you guys to him.

I fully appreciate his excellence on certain points.

But he is wrong that people of a few thousand years ago were more conscious and developed.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I fully appreciate his excellence on certain points.

But he is wrong that people of a few thousand years ago were more conscious and developed.

What do you think makes him so sure about these things? I try to contemplate that for a while: Is factual knowledge possible through the cultivation of the infinite intelligence? It sometimes feels that way, but I never know if the bottleneck of the mind is having a last hidden say.

Sometimes I feel he's just merging all his book knowledge, especially the old scriptures, and makes that his theory. Which doesn't say anything about the accuracy per se.

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

46 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Jesus, what is happening to this forum? :( 

+

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Then he brushed me off.

How does that feel? ;)

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

3 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

How does that feel? ;)

Seeking approval from anyone or this enlightenment thing. Ya do it all alone. No teacher can help ya. 

Who cares what enlightenment teachers beleives.It's their dream. 

On 03/08/2020 at 8:58 AM, kagaria said:

I want to ask him his opinion of why tumors appear in some people like Maharshi

Because he's a human being.

2 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Seeking approval from anyone or this enlightenment thing. Ya do it all alone. No teacher can help ya. 

Who cares what enlightenment teachers beleives.It's their dream. 

That being said, I set you free. I allow you to leave me alone.

3 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

That being said, I set you free. I allow you to leave me alone.

You've been Alone for eternity son. 

Just now, zeroISinfinity said:

You've been Alone for eternity son. 

Okay dad. Now move it along.

Edited by Gesundheit

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@kagaria Lol

I heard it like Yogis of that time, gathered in different location not all people (when talking about pyramids and all in his last video) Even now all people are doing stupid things and there are yogis like u.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi