Carlos MK

How do you organize your mind?

23 posts in this topic

If every system you try gets chaotic then its not about the system, its about how you're approaching to it. 

Two of the most important factors for idea-organization inside your brain (and thus on any external system) are how you compare and prioritize. 

The two are skills that go hand in hand. 

You can't just put an idea anywhere because it fits there, because of course any idea can fit anywhere. But the idea behaves differently depending on where you put it. 

Thus you need to compare the contexts (or categories) you have, to know the differences between them, and then prioritize on which one the idea works better for its purpose. 

Sometimes certain ideas need to change its content to fit the context (or category) they're in. It really depends on the intention of the idea. 

---

What's the purpose of my categories? 

What's my intention with this idea? 

In which context could this idea work better for its purpose?

If my idea also fits somewhere else, do I need to adapt this idea for this context? 

---

I know it might be abstract, but one thing are the ideas themselves and another thing is the way you structure them, what I'm talking about its a basic mechanism of the way you structure ideas. 

If you need more help just ask :)

Edited by Oliver Saavedra

Connect to Create ☼♡

Using OneNote like shown in this video which I edit on my laptop and phone, as well as using physical sticky notes for daily priorities and the dream board idea recommended by Nahm which I use a big whiteboard for 

I write down a lot of stuff, sometimes quite unnecessary so I'm trying to cut down on that... and clearing up and organizing my commonplace book once a week also helps

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

@Carlos MK I journal and use One Note. I have a "general journal" of sorts. In my journal I draw different symbols next to paragraphs to represent the content or how I should apply them in the future. e.g. A circle within a triangle is a future mystery to examine. A colon which is boxed within a rectangle represents something denoting tangible action. 

If there's ever something non self-help which involves a technical skill or subject I'm studying, I keep that separate. So if I'm having an "insight" about the math I'm studying, I keep that in a separate place. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.