Inder

What is pain and suffering really existentially?

5 posts in this topic

Leo makes lots of videos on consciousness, direct experience, and questioning everything, I think he never address pain and suffering issue deeply.

look we all face some sort of pain and suffering either mentally or physically on daily basis, but we never take a time to understand what exactly is this shit, which we always running away from.

So that would be good if you can make video on pain and suffering.

Thanks for your work so far, its being amazing journey for me, but suffering never seems to leave completely.  

I wanted the same thing. As the pain is felt locally it seems to contradict the oneness or that the self does not exist, at least IMO. I would like to hear about this.

On 1.8.2020 at 10:01 AM, Inder said:

Leo makes lots of videos on consciousness, direct experience, and questioning everything, I think he never address pain and suffering issue deeply.

look we all face some sort of pain and suffering either mentally or physically on daily basis, but we never take a time to understand what exactly is this shit, which we always running away from.

So that would be good if you can make video on pain and suffering.

Thanks for your work so far, its being amazing journey for me, but suffering never seems to leave completely.  

I think Leo covered those pretty much already with his episodes on survival and fear.

Pain is a signal that helps form/identity to maintain itself, e.g. when the body gets destroyed or wounded, pain is a signaling mechanism.

However, pain is not equal to suffering, as one can see with masochism, where one might thoroughly enjoy pain, because one is not resisting to it.

Hence suffering is the result of: pain (signal that form/identity is dissolving) + resistance to that process.

It exist, and that's why people making medicines for pain and anxiety.