Jennjenn

Trump is banning Tik tok

46 posts in this topic

The Chinese call 1840 to 1940  百年耻辱, google it's meaning and you realize where they are coming from. They where on top of the world EVER - except the last centuries.
Conclusion: They are somewhat eager to restore the old order, but who knows what Mistakes were already made and what will come in the next decades. Examples are rapid pollution and sometimes very bad central planing only make able because they are in a boom.. plus a lot of people in China are traditionally are very, very uneducated. Their Society is more Elitist if you will.

Trump on the other hand could have introduced the century of humiliation for the usa. When talking about the US I have to think about Ikarus^^

Tik Tok is just some noice, but it's interesting to see the Apps get continually get more easy to access (means: stupid people can use it) as time goes by

Edited by supremeyingyang

@supremeyingyang I think China has been using very convincing manipulation tricks. For example China being in conflict with Japan is I believe just a smokescreen to fool the west, and that China and Japan have been cooperating the last few centuries and maybe even before that. It's like a huge stage magician trick, such as making the west believe that Japan has attacked China in a bloody war.

The Art of War was a Chinese psyop to fool the west to focus on war. And look at the situation today. The U.S. has immense military power while China is conquering the world with business deals and information technology. Also, China allowed the British Empire to build Hong Kong into a powerful economic beachhead into the west and then they took it back. Long term planning.

@Anderz

You are right on long term planing, the west is bad at that.

But for the rest - the west is just old and fat and overall not agile any more. That's the cycle of Cultures, now will the Asians rise. After that they grow anti agile and maybe the West rises again or it's Africa that time. Just the flow of events and nothing is permanent. At the end of the day it's all good.

@supremeyingyang One expert said that China is building a massive Orwellian surveillance state with the use of information technology. So okay, banning TikTok could be a valid response to that overall Chinese expansion. But still, Trump should stick to western ideals and not parroting the behavior of totalitarian dictators.

Yes, I believe you are correct, there will be further changes. My guess is that China will become very dominant in terms of massively integrated information technology and the west will react to that resulting in a global system!

It's also true as Leo said in a video, we tend to think what is best for politicians to do from our own limited perspectives. The actual situation is way more complicated than our own views.

So I'm not sure about the TikTok ban. There may be way bigger things going on that I'm unaware of. But it's fun to bash politicians sometimes, and I actually like Trump! And I like China. As Trump said: "I love China." :D

The only thing bad about this is tik tok creators fleeing to YouTube. The youth whose brains have been poisoned by the Information Age will find other corners of the internet to pollute. 
--
I would rather two year olds stop using iPads and creating adhd in themselves. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@supremeyingyang Because I sense that Trump is correct about everything. I know, it may sound insane, haha. But let's see what happens when/if the Durham report is released. Trump said that the Durham report is +++ (compared to the FISA report).

@supremeyingyang Well, maybe not everything. If Trump for example is pro death penalty, then that's totally wrong in my opinion. And the TikTok ban if it happens seems wrong to me, but I'm not sure yet.

But in almost every other situation Trump is correct I think. And the media is making a huge mistake by always bashing him. I don't want to go off topic here, but I think even the TikTok issue may turn out good. And Microsoft buying TikTok can be a good solution. We will see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Anderz said:

But in almost every other situation Trump is correct I think.

Tell me one thing.

@supremeyingyang Human-made climate change claim is a hoax. :D Don't get me wrong, I do believe that we need to reduce carbon emission and clean up the environment but climate change is just an excuse for a global peak oil problem. Heck, they have even started fracking of shale oil! Talk about desperation and environmental destruction.

8 minutes ago, Anderz said:

@supremeyingyang Human-made climate change claim is a hoax. :D Don't get me wrong, I do believe that we need to reduce carbon emission and clean up the environment but climate change is just an excuse for a global peak oil problem. Heck, they have even started fracking of shale oil! Talk about desperation and environmental destruction.

well, i'm sure that we need a hell lot more studies and not quick fix solutions which may sound cool, but are bad in application. there is not enough focus on intelligence.

with that said, why is trump good in that regard? i would argue that he stands for ignorance and fuck the environment, lets make money, isn't he?
Amaze me with your wisdom.

@supremeyingyang Politics is much about manipulation. It's a result of history where manipulation has been used endlessly because those in power need to keep knowledge to themselves to prevent opponents from overtaking them.

And Trump is avoiding manipulation. He uses a lot of rhetoric sounding as coming from stage Red in Spiral Dynamics. But he also uses stage Green statements, such as: "The environment is very important to me." and "I want the cleanest water on the planet."

And actually, on a second though, the TikTok issue is probably a part of some larger global agenda. Will TikTok really accept being bought by Microsoft if TikTok is controlled by the Chinese government? I think yes! Because there is some really tricky global agenda going on.

@Anderz

I wouldn't believed it before but now you've convinced me... wait what? No!^^

13 minutes ago, Anderz said:

And Trump is avoiding manipulation.

How did you come to this conclusion?

@supremeyingyang Trump is letting the opponents shoot themselves in the foot. I don't have the proof yet. We have to wait for a Spygate scandal. Then I will say: told you so. ;) 

@Anderz

I summarize: You like Trump because he is against Human made Climate Change, but pro saving the Environment - he said so. You view him as anti-manipulation, but you have no proof. But soon something massively important happens and then you tell me that you told me now. Also you have many reasons to like him.

Is that right?

@supremeyingyang By "you" I meant those who believe Trump is what media presents him as. I don't know whether you believe that or not.

Regarding TikTok, it could be a Chinese Trojan horse! Microsoft buys TikTok with the belief that they will get access to Chinese tech and know-how in the areas of artificial intelligence and cloud computing. But what if TikTok is a completely rigged operation? Then the U.S. will be fooled by believing that the Chinese level of technology is that of TikTok while in reality it is something else.

@supremeyingyang The Chinese Trojan horse idea is just my speculation. However, I wouldn't underestimate the level of manipulation the Chinese government is capable of.

Another speculative idea is that the U.S. and China are actually cooperating behind the public scene. And then Microsoft buying TikTok is a part of a move towards global integration.

Let me ask you this: If the Chinese government really controls TikTok, why would they allow Microsoft to buy TikTok?