Matt23

Green/Progressive/Liberal shadow too much? Conversation

73 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Forestluv said:

To me, you don’t seem open to contemplating what I communicate.

If you wanted to help me understand you would give me a clear definition of the term. The fact that you didn’t shows you yourself don’t know and that it’s meaningless. 

1 hour ago, Akemrelax said:

If you wanted to help me understand you would give me a clear definition of the term. The fact that you didn’t shows you yourself don’t know and that it’s meaningless. 

My impression is that you don’t see me as offering anything of value to you. 

On 8/1/2020 at 6:49 PM, Akemrelax said:

We need categories of gender grounded in physical reality otherwise men can change their gender and walk into women’s changing rooms to spy on them.

lol *facedesk*

A sign on the door, no matter WHAT it says about who is aloud in or not isn't going to be the straw that breaks the camels back.

A malicious predator that wants to go into a bathroom to spy on some women or some kids isn't going to stop to have a moral reflection on what some sign says and if they should enter or not, so the content of what the symbols represent is irrelevant. They are going to completely ignore it and commit the crime regardless, because they are way past the point of such considerations.

It's these kind of idiotic and semantic conservative talking points masqueraded as "morality" that just needlessly puts up roadblocks to marginalized groups of people getting the rights they need to feel equal in society.

It's the same kind of dumb fuck arguments that are made to support criminalizing drug use and other obvious liberties people should have.

hrhrhtewgfegege

18 minutes ago, Roy said:

lol *facedesk*

A sign on the door, no matter WHAT it says about who is aloud in or not isn't going to be the straw that breaks the camels back.

A malicious predator that wants to go into a bathroom to spy on some women or some kids isn't going to stop to have a moral reflection on what some sign says and if they should enter or not, so the content of what the symbols represent is irrelevant. They are going to completely ignore it and commit the crime regardless, because they are way past the point of such considerations.

It's these kind of idiotic and semantic conservative talking points masqueraded as "morality" that just needlessly puts up roadblocks to marginalized groups of people getting the rights they need to feel equal in society.

It's the same kind of dumb fuck arguments that are made to support criminalizing drug use and other obvious liberties people should have.

The predator isn’t going to self reflect. The people are going to stop *him from entering women’s spaces designed to protect them. People can’t do that if you get rid of categories.

This is not a conservative argument, you tell anybody that you’re destroying gender definitions, and they’ll ask you this in return.

With trans women it’s different. They have transitioned or are transitioning into being a woman.

Just watch your tone and language, this is exactly why progressives are losing and JP has so many followers.

You’re not convincing anybody. It’s having the opposite effect. 

19 minutes ago, Akemrelax said:

The predator isn’t going to self reflect. The people are going to stop *him from entering women’s spaces designed to protect them. People can’t do that if you get rid of categories.

What do you mean specifically "the people are going to stop him"? Are you suggesting we have security guards outside every public restroom like some sort of bathroom police that will need proof of someones transition? Or vigilante justice?

Just watch your tone and language, this is exactly why progressives are losing and JP has so many followers.

I'm a JP fan. I own every one of his books. I used the language because it was pertinent. Don't be so eager to jump to put me in a box with every leftist position because of a disagreement on a single issue.

This is exactly why discussion doesn't get anywhere these days with everything being so polarized.

You’re not convincing anybody. It’s having the opposite effect. 

You say "anybody" but you don't really mean that. What you really mean is yourself. And you know it.

Don't worry I don't need to convince you ^_^ just the people on the sidelines who get to see the stupidity exposed and then come to their own conclusions.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

On 8/1/2020 at 6:45 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Scholar I have too many insights to share to waste time extracting insights from humans.

Do you actually get your insights from source? Can you possibly describe how you do that or What it’s like? Is it a feeling? Is it a tingling on the top of your head? Is it dreams? Are they entities? What do you mean? 

3 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Do you actually get your insights from source? Can you possibly describe how you do that or What it’s like? Is it a feeling? Is it a tingling on the top of your head? Is it dreams? Are they entities? What do you mean? 

Insight comes from constant questioning and a desire to understand.

All insight comes from the intelligence of the universe.

Recall a time when you had an insight about how something in life worked. There you go.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 1.8.2020 at 11:11 PM, Heart of Space said:

I think a big part of the appeal of SD is to make certain people feel more evolved than other people.  Or to give the illusion that they are a "higher level" or "lower level" of thinking versus someone else.  

No, that's what you think, and that's unfortunate.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 8/1/2020 at 5:11 PM, Heart of Space said:

I think a big part of the appeal of SD is to make certain people feel more evolved than other people.  Or to give the illusion that they are a "higher level" or "lower level" of thinking versus someone else.  

That is embarrassingly Green.

7 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

No, that's what you think, and that's unfortunate.

I mean when you chart types of thinking in such a way do you not think that is a mistake that someone could make?  

34 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

That is embarrassingly Green.

You think so?  

@Heart of Space There is always opportuinity for mistakes and abuse.

You should read how Don Beck uses Spiral Dynamics in the Middle East to help them resolve problems. He's totally non-judgmental about it. That is the power of Spiral Wizardry. You use SD to fasciliate people in a gentle and loving way. You don't use it to demonize people. The beauty of SD is that it can remove all demonization and judgment of less developed people. But it takes work to become a Spiral Wizard. It's not as easy as merely knowing the stages.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You should read how Don Beck uses Spiral Dynamics in the Middle East to help them resolve problems. He's totally non-judgmental about it. That is the power of Spiral Wizardry. You use SD to fasciliate people in a gentle and loving way. You don't use it to demonize people. The beauty of SD is that it can remove all demonization and judgment of less developed people. But it takes work to become a Spiral Wizard. It's not as easy as merely knowing the stages.

You're right, there is potential for abuse with all tools.  I like how that sounds, I'll check it out.  

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

www.omegle.com 

you can find liberals, trumpers, sjws, libertarians.... all kinds of people and have a conversation witha them & ask questions. Since the lockdown their traffic has increased x5. 

I think it can be a great tool for learning the spiral easily & independently. A few days ago, I talked to many conservatives & liberals as a stage green hippie type

Edited by Vipassana