March

What's your self actualization schedule / pace?

17 posts in this topic

Yo,

I've been following Actualized.org for almost a year now, during which the things I am most thankful for Leo for are that 

• I started a meditation habit and been going at it for almost 10 months now, and I've missed at most 3 days.
  • Took the Life Purpose Course by our friend Leo, imo took it very seriously and did all the exercises (some heavy value clarification, visioning, journaling work, and some subconscious programming)
  • Pretty big increase in confidence - from cutting off toxic media, social media, negative self talk, limiting beliefs, toxic friend

However, now that I am seriously taking action on my life purpose, I find that there is so much to do, I am not sure how to balance it:

On my Life Purpose alone, I have dozens of books to find and read, skills I need to build, projects to take on. I feel that this helps my self actualization, but is not direct self actualization work (like the action steps Leo mentions in his main videos on YouTube). I also feel that seeking Truth and Enlightenment is an entirely different path (strong determination sitting, meditation retreats, self inquiry).  Oh yeah, and also I am still in high school and it's basically a 9-5 job over there - cuz it's alignment to my life purpose, self actualization and awakening is a 3/10 max.

So I am just curious to hear what your plan for doing this work is, and perhaps we can all find some tips and inspirations here from each other.

Edited by March

Everyone does self-actualization work at their own pace. There are no rules, no schedules. 

I try different approaches/methods and observe their effect on reality. Keeping an open mind is essential. 

Keep doing your meditations.

If you have questions that bother you, try to contemplate on them. Get a sheet of white paper and try to honestly answer the questions that bother you. Sometimes, in moments of insights, the answers will come to you. 

If you have discovered your Life purpose, keep going in that direction. 

14 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

If you have questions that bother you, try to contemplate on them. Get a sheet of white paper and try to honestly answer the questions that bother you. Sometimes, in moments of insights, the answers will come to you. 

Thanks man, this was helpful!

Btw, when you say contemplate, do you mean casually, or to formally contemplate using a journal like in Leo's video below?

Edited by March

You need to externalize your thoughts, so its best if you write down your thoughts in a journal. 

I think you can start with the approach that Leo proposed. After a while, you can adjust it in a way that works for you. 

I prefer seeing my whole life as a process of changing and becoming my true self rather than 1-2-3 specific steps towards *self-actualization*

Slow :) 

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I've been using this app for a week now and I like it a lot. I block all time sink apps within those periods. The app is called AppBlock. Worth every penny :)

_20200806_133951.JPG

Edited by Rigel

I like a steady march.

...had to throw that in.

He who is dead must pray for life,

For the living shall never die.

divine love

My schedule is advance slowly->feel confident->advance faster->ego backlash->grow a little bit->advance slowly

2 hours ago, Codrina said:

@Espaim Good one. Made me laugh for a minute. Perhaps because I feel that's my schedule as well

You're welcome:D

On 21/08/2020 at 11:08 PM, Espaim said:

My schedule is advance slowly->feel confident->advance faster->ego backlash->grow a little bit->advance slowly

Be aware of ego backlashes, for me that is huge.

I would add: clear your schedule of bullshit, plant it. Learn to say no.

Test on yourself how fast you can go, but be aware of ego backlashes. Take one day at the time.

You have a lifetime, so enjoy the ride.

But also simotaneously realize that life is an emergency.

Confused? That's ok. Just do both ;)

"Never held a high regard for Darwin, selection takes too long.
A little kick in the pool shouldn't do us wrong.
Devouring the very last invention man would ever need.
But exponential growth is a frightening thing, indeed.
"

This...

On 8/21/2020 at 11:08 PM, Espaim said:

...and this!

22 minutes ago, Fandango said:

Test on yourself how fast you can go, but be aware of ego backlashes. Take one day at the time.

Life is a balancing act, there shouldn't be a set pace for how you do things. Sometimes you'll go slow and you'll start to feel like you'll have to go faster. Sometimes you go too fast and you end up getting an ego backlash. The thing I have learned within the last year of actualizing (I've started like last august) is that there isn't anything wrong with an ego backlash. Sometimes an ego backlash can teach you more than the practices and exercises you do. But you still need to treat yourself lovingly. The further you stretch your boundaries the bigger the ego backlash will be. A minor ego backlash every now and then isn't all that bad, it's actually quiet healthy! Just treat your boundaries with respect and don't see them as limitations. Just listen to our heart.

Listen to your body and it will tell you if you are doing too much or too little!

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

Reminder to give yourself a compliment! ❤️