Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Does God Have Any Control?

19 posts in this topic

When i imagine God, i think of "someone" who has infinite power and can do whatever it wants.. Leo also claims that God has infinite free will. I don't know what that means though..

So my question is: Does God Have any Control ? Or is God somehow forced to be the way it is...? Also when i refer to God i mean All of Reality, not some separate Being in the clouds somewhere. 

And If God has no control , then how does Reality runs itself?

Edited by SQAAD

@Consept

43 minutes ago, Consept said:

Do you think you have any control? 

No because of so many unknown variables that i don't control..

But if God exists then he must have created those variables so i assume God has control.

Edited by SQAAD

I think we have some control.

But a separate God doesn't exist, there is magical law of attraction and law of karma, but no God to want anything.

Pretty important to understand, else you start thinking your suffering is somehow the will of some really big asshole somewhere, nah, you gotta take care yourself. 

Prayer to the universal energy and beings, as well as devotion or love practice, is still legit however, so there is a loving higher power in a sense, but it works together with beings, and it's not an entity, it's also even not you, it's beyond the ego or entity, it's the existential force.

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

@SQAAD Why do you have to imagine God? 

God is everywhere you look. Everything you feel. Everything you think.

God is free of all control.

@ivankiss

13 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@SQAAD Why do you have to imagine God? 

God is everywhere you look. Everything you feel. Everything you think.

God is free of all control.

What do you mean that God is free of all control?

How the Universe/God is running itself without any control?

Only if he's taken out the trash for the Goddess ;)

Yes, a joke but also a statement that pre-Abrahamic religious dominance the Goddess was worshipped for tens of thousands of years.

Love

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

When i imagine God, i think of "someone" who has infinite power and can do whatever it wants.. Leo also claims that God has infinite free will. I don't know what that means though..

So my question is: Does God Have any Control ? Or is God somehow forced to be the way it is...?

Infinite free will is just empty words that have no real meaning.

Control is a concept that does not apply to God because God is whole. Control only applies to limited environments. God is unlimited.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

6 minutes ago, RiverFlower said:

Love

Love is limited. That means it must have something larger than itself to control it. What controls love?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit

10 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Infinite free will is just empty words that have no real meaning.

Control is a concept that does not apply to God because God is whole. Control only applies to limited environments. God is unlimited.

Why does control apply only to limited environments?

Why couldn't an Unlimited Being have control?

54 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

I think we have some control.

But a separate God doesn't exist, there is magical law of attraction and law of karma, but no God to want anything.

Pretty important to understand, else you start thinking your suffering is somehow the will of some really big asshole somewhere, nah, you gotta take care yourself. 

Prayer to the universal energy and beings, as well as devotion or love practice, is still legit however, so there is a loving higher power in a sense, but it works together with beings, and it's not an entity, it's also even not you, it's beyond the ego or entity, it's the existential force.

You sound very confused.

Are you referring to God as an asshole? Why?

All of God's Will has been given to Absolute Love. Thus nothing about it can change. But it contains within it infinite change.

God's Will is precisely whatever is being perceived by you right now.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@SQAAD if something is limited that means that there's something larger than it is that is creating the limitations and imposing them upon the smaller thing. This imposition is control.

There's nothing larger than infinity to impose limitations upon it, therefore control is not even a valid concept here.

22 minutes ago, RiverFlower said:

Only if he's taken out the trash for the Goddess ;)

Yes, a joke but also a statement that pre-Abrahamic religious dominance the Goddess was worshipped for tens of thousands of years.

Love

I didnt know God had a gender.

He in the bible doesnt mean male, its a default pronoun.

Maybe promote that instead, if you agree with it. The Christian God is not a male.

Edited by Artsu

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

All of God's Will has been given to Absolute Love.

How submissive! :P

49 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@ivankiss

What do you mean that God is free of all control?

'Control' is a limitation. God is limitless.

50 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

How the Universe/God is running itself without any control?

Flawlessly.

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

And If God has no control , then how does Reality runs itself?

Through duality, and moving in circles from one side of the pendulum to another in an infinitely complex way. Think of it as polarity between opposites. Gravity runs reality.