Spartan

What Inspired "One Simple Rule For Acing Life"?

7 posts in this topic

Hey @Leo Gura! This is my first post on here. I watched your One Simple Rule For Acing Life video for the first time a little over 3 years ago when I was a senior in high school. Out of every book, advice from a mentor, quote, video and self-help course I've ever received or gone through, this video by far had the most dramatic and meaningful impact on my life. I could spend days going back through all the big and small decisions where this principle of "always do what is emotionally most difficult" guided me to do, grow and achieve things that I never thought possible. You have shared so many incredible ideas and videos over the years, but through this video in particular, you changed my life Leo. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Since watching that video I've always wondered: what inspired you to make it? Steven Pressfield's The War of Art contains passages that have the same message. But I'm curious if you drew from another book, teacher or life experience.

Edited by Spartan

I first learned about this concept from a book called wisdom of the peaceful warrior. 

Edited by BlackMaze

On 7/30/2020 at 8:48 AM, Spartan said:

what inspired you to make it?

I don't even remember.

Too many insights to keep track of them all.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Oh boy that's a fucking inspiring video I admit!:D

Don't know where from it came but it is helping me a lot!

It's a very useful rule to determine whether to ask this girl out, move to another city or take a psychedelic xD

Yes, great advice. And to it could be added: not just the most emotionally difficult thing, but also the most physically difficult things. Like, say, deep squats. The worst toil imaginable. Hell to do them; heaven to HAVE DONE them.