iceprincess

How is Japan managing covid-19 so well???

27 posts in this topic

Japan only has 1000 deaths and their population is like 125 million. mostly everything in the country is open. how are they handling it so well and why can't the U.S and other countries do what they're doing?

If I were to guess, it's because they're an island like Australia.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

They aren't run by libertarian morons.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

If I were to guess, it's because they're an island like Australia.

Vietnam is not an island and they have less than 500 cases. Not deaths, cases.

I honestly don't know how they do it, and I live here. But it's noticeable how careful they are and how quickly they respond.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

12 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

Vietnam is not an island and they have less than 500 cases. Not deaths, cases.

I honestly don't know how they do it, and I live here. But it's noticeable how careful they are and how quickly they respond.

Might be due to the Marxist-Leninist one-party state government :) 

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They aren't run by libertarian morons.

8 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

They aren't run by libertarian morons.

How non-libertarians run the government:

govn.png

How libertarians run the government:

run.png

Ok I think it's time for me to go to bed hahaha xD

Edited by Carl-Richard

I’m Japanese and people have been wearing masks everyday (not all of them ofc) probably since masks were created.

No one talks in trains( kind of cultural politeness) so,adding that people wear masks everyday even before Covid makes it quite safe to use public transportation.

Personal space is extremely respected since before Covid, so social distance comes naturally. 

There's no group of people who think Covid isn't deadly or a conspiracy theory (or at least they never come to mainstream media, Japanese people are to self-aware to go against what's accepted as a social norm, also I don't think any media would give space to such a message.

the funny thing is that I've searched about it on Japanese sites and I've haven't found a single site of Japanese people saying that they believe it is not real or not dangerous)

If going anywhere without a mask, 99% of the people will subtly look at you like a crazy person no matter what region you live in

(Japanese people are very sensitive to not be accepted by their own so this is truly painful, thus not hard to stay at home or wear masks or social distancing ).

In conclusion, how people lived here before Covid and how the culture is helps a great deal to prevent virus expansion.

This is all from the POV of a citizen, ofc the government is also working hard.

A funny note is that one common criticism from the people is that the government is still not quick and strict enough in preventing or punishing the minority of people who still travel through prefectures lol

Edited by Seiden

@Seiden Sounds like a utopia when it comes to dealing with pandemics :(

I wish westerners weren’t so fucking stubborn

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

Perhaps the situation in Japan is similar to the one in Korea, LOL

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

On paper they are a democracy but they still follow hierarchical totalitarian principles in a milder form I guess. Plus they are xenophobe and racist. That makes social control easier. Something that liberals in the US might not want.

Edited by Epikur

because everyone in the US has a breathing problem and is allowed to not wear one cause their doctor said so and it's also their right

2 hours ago, Epikur said:

On paper they are a democracy but they still follow hierarchical totalitarian principles in a milder form I guess. Plus they are xenophobe and racist. That makes social control easier. Something that liberals in the US might not want.

Racists to the left of me, libertarians to the right, stuck here in the middle with you ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's probably because they have been living in a sterile environment for many decades. Japanese are extremely fussy about wearing masks, constantly disinfecting, keeping a distance from other people and generally living in semi-quarantine for many decades. You have people who's sole jobs are to disinfect streets, door handles, glass windows every single day. 

When I was in Japan in 2016, we were one of the few people not wearing face masks. 

Their collective nature where most people are taught to think as a part of a larger organism makes it easier to pass measures down. People are less likely to challenge the authority or to openly criticise the government. They also probably have a government made of experts and not from useless businessmen and frauds like many western countries. This is the case in Singapore as well, the leading authority is made of people who actually know what they are talking about 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

xD You won’t see a lot of chronically sick, obese or overweight people in Japan. They have more healing modalities/practices and aren’t overestimating/over-linking the number of cases/deaths,. They are much better with adjusting to change and avoiding civil disobedience because of the culture/values

Edited by DrewNows

Seems like most homogenous countries are doing well, not a big surprise.

Masks are a huge part of the culture for several reasons, Japanese girls even cover their mouths to laugh and smile. Cleaning is an almost spiritual practice. 

I have school age kids and the amount of viruses and respiratory stuff they bring home is absolutely ridiculous. It's far, far worse than I ever had when I was a kid, my Mom is a teacher and she notices the increase too. Flu B was still going through the school like wildfire right before they closed to prevent COVID. I get them their flu shots and they often get a mild cold when the flu goes through and they will have classmates out for weeks with bronchitis. We really needed to change our hygiene standards in schools and public places before this happened, especially since the world is only getting more interconnected. I think during future flu seasons a lot of the measures doctor's offices have put into place should stay in place. 

I've always thought when I go out to get a prescription, go to the doctor or groceries when I'm sick (which is unavoidable) I should wear a mask, but everyone would have thought before this that I had ebola or something. It's just the right thing to do, like washing your hand after using the bathroom and before shaking someone's hand. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjwThey cover their faces usually out of embarrassment because it's culturally "proper"

You don't think it has to do with diet? Childhood obesity has been going up as well, this toxicity is what brings about/triggers these "contagious" illnesses. Are you certain it's the viruses causing disease/illness? I see this as the old paradigm, part of the fear of what most do not understand. Hygiene standards probably haven't really changed since our parents were in school, but definitely the amount of processed food has sky rocketed. We've all been led to believe that flu's and colds are contagious because detox cleansing can be triggered around those in a similar level of acid/toxic build up. 

I would love to see more people on the forum discover the truth about health and healing. It seems most have to wait for Leo to figure out his health situation

Its very simple: asians are obedient! Westerners arent. Westerners have a chip on their shoulder over being told what to do... so guess what, covid for you!