Brahman

You are already enlightened!

16 posts in this topic

For a long time I thought this perspective was silly. It neglected the work that needs to be done and breeds laziness and pride. However, it is true, and this perspective opens up space for jolting you into realization.

Your doubt is the thin veil that separates you from God - this veil is ultimately also an illusion and substanceless.

You say "I can't be enlightened yet there is so much work to do" and "my mind is so busy, I have so much resistance and problems in my life". You are creating a "later" which does not exist. There is no later to get enlightened. It's pure imagination. 

Be as you are now. If that's anxious, doubtful, heavy mental chatter, sad, tired, energetic, happy, etc. It doesn't matter. You are already there. There is no other way to be. Being itself is it. There is nowhere to go. There is nothing to do.

In this space of understanding there opens up the potential for the will of God and your own to merge. There is no separation. The union was created by full acceptance of things as they are. Of your so called "lack of enlightenment." Herein lies the benefit from this way of viewing.

Here and now is your portal. Exactly as it is. Imagine a portal which you already walked through yet simultaneously stands in front of you. And you can walk through this portal to infinity. 

All of this talk is completely circular if you haven't noticed. "Benefit from perspective" implies something to be gained, something you should do - and there is none. "All you have to do is fully accept this moment" also implies there is something to do. You aren't there and all you have to do is accept - this too is false. May these contradictions serve a similar purpose as Zen Cohen's. May the paradox spark understanding. 

The union is already there, simply you chose to forget at this moment. Or maybe not! In which case you are conscious that you are God here and now. Either way is of your choosing. 

Be as you are now.

Namaste

Seeking is a form of being ^_^

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

4 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Seeking is a form of being ^_^

Yup it is! This post was even written from that place. Both perspectives are valuable and make for a beautiful dance.

Be as you are now includes seeking. Includes the desire to not be as you are! It is complete and fully encompassing

You are already enlightened, i.e. all your seeking is a part of being enlightened, and thus you should not - per se - stop seeking:-)

Existence is inherently mysterious. You can always discover more, thus even the enlightened master seeks..., just not in a serious way, but in a playful way:-)

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

3 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

You are already enlightened, i.e. all your seeking is a part of being enlightened, and thus you should not - per se - stop seeking:-)

Existence is inherently mysterious. You can always discover more, thus even the enlightened master seeks..., just not in a serious way, but in a playful way:-)

Right! Beautifully said

7 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

But.... I dont feel enlightened :(

Keep seeking then:-) Or stop. But even stopping is seeking. LOL.

Relatively speaking, only when your inner world is full of peace and love, you are considered awakened in my selfish book. 

However, consider, if the reason your inner world is full of turmoil, unhappiness, stress, hate, is perhaps because of your constant pursuit of - consciously or unconsciously - looking for ways to change yourself/the world/become "better". The striving "to become better" can be a path full of suffering, because it implies that you consider yourself to be pretty bad.

Thus, the striving/seeking creates the problem, in a sense.

But perhaps a problem is needed, temporarily. Because problems create suffering. And I believe suffering is necessary for awakening because suffering cleanses your soul, at least if you suffer consciously.

So keep seeking. Suffer more - just remember to do it consciously.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

"As life is it is enlightened" ?❤️

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Nobody becomes enlightened.

Enlightenment is the collapsing of the apparent separate individual thus making separation or duality an impossibility... as in it actually never happened.

"The separation never occurred"

-- A Course in Miracles

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Brahman Reality being unaware of it’s raw data of awareness means reality is not enlightened, especially when you don’t realise you are reality.

On 7/29/2020 at 5:53 PM, Brahman said:

You are already enlightened!

No I'm not lol

10 hours ago, Espaim said:

How have you arrived at this realization?

It is a classic idea in spirituality.

It basically means enlightment is the end of desire so if you are doing something to reach enlighment you are doing it wrong because it is a desire itself.

It is a paradox you have to deal with in your spiritual path.

Edited by RedLine

many teachers affirm what you say: there is nothing you have to do, you are already enlightened. just live it right now. I think that the human mind has a prodigious tendency to not perceive the infinite, to close in on the ego. So strong that it seems somewhat genetic, with a specific function, and that's why if you want to demolish that shell, in many cases very hard, you have to do a job. a work that is often long and gradual. very few people have been struck by enlighting or even a satori spontaneously. Maybe in the middle of the trenches or on the deathbed, but rarely in the office working. So I think that if there is a job to get out of the maze

We are all already enlightened in their purest form, because we are all the same thing, God.

And God is omniscient, perfect and infinite.

We created ourselves unenlightened to discover life as if it were the first time we live and to enjoy fresh perspectives with each reincarnation. 

So yeah, you're already enlightened, but you still don't know it. 

Edited by Vittorio