OmniYoga

the nature of dreams

10 posts in this topic

what are dreams?  are there any insights about them from higher states of consciousness, psychedelics or yoga ?

what is happening to consciousness while we sleeping ? seems like it's totally off

why does it feel so real in that moment ? moreover the body treats it like a real thing - sweat, fear, heart rate, boner, even orgasm 

it's seems like at time of sleep whole reality ceases to exist, WW3 could happen and you wouldn't even notice it

isn't that mind boggling that the mind/brain (whatever it is behind it )or consciousness can construct dreamlike realites out of fucking nowhere ... so easily - just like that

how can we be sure that same process doesn't happen with "this reality" ?

the only difference is that dreams are fleeting - meanwhile "this reality" is long lasting, despite of how much suffering there is in it,
or joy if you're more lucky

Osho was saying that dreams are reflection of not lived life during the day, whatever we suppress ... while sometimes it might be accurate, I don't think it's always the case

Very helpful to observe. The dreams after deep sleep are usually very trippy and deep, actually all of them tend to be.

But when we wake up and are too focused on the personal life, they just seem like, ahh that was nothing for most people. no. when you are in it it's like, a new life and just as real. Osho spoke all the time and contradicted himself. But that can be a part of it, but there's far more too it.

I'd start examining false memories and how they basically instantaneously build the dream

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Shunyamurti explains that very well in relation to Atmanology. Go and check him

explain grammar to an alien ?

12 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

isn't that mind boggling that the mind/brain (whatever it is behind it )or consciousness can construct dreamlike realites out of fucking nowhere ... so easily - just like that

Isn't that mind boggling to an infinite degree that consciousness fucking exists at all? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

13 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

meanwhile "this reality" is long lasting

Fleeting-ness appears as long-lasting-ness. 

13 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

That is one thing you could never be sure of. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

15 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

How about our dreams happen when our bodies are acting out reality during the "real" day. Then full reality is replayed during the "night" when our bodies are inert? It would explain why we need to sleep so much. Freaky concept.

Anyway, we're actually dreaming all the time, there's no difference between night dreams and the dream of being awake. We only think being awake is more intense and persistent, but that's not really the case.

All stories and explanations are false.

Dreams are as real as reality ;)

I think that during dreaming you are less connected to the body, because of that dreams are different than your waking state. When your body wakes up you are connected back to your body and karma.

It's a similar situation to tripping. What you are imagine it's true. But it will not stick after substance had stopped affecting your body.

The nature of dreams : 

I am sitting in a room, eating cake. 

-me: yum, I sure did put alot of work into this, and it paid off! This chocolate cake is delicious! 

-chocolate cake : if you think I'm delicious, you should taste yourself!

Mom walks in and I suddenly remember that she spent hours making this cake for me, and I shower her with gratitude for the delicious chocolate cake, which I now remembered has toasted marshmallow spread across the top. Mom really knows how to cook! 

-mom : I'm glad you like the cake, child, it's your birthday, remember? 

And so it is. 

Happy birthday. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Someone here
theoretical yes and practical no
if you don't have access to it - then no, doesn't make a difference