Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BipolarGrowth

Is the observer “behind” consciousness?

20 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Toby said:

It depends how one uses these words.

Is there a subject behind consciousness? Something that exists prior to consciousness? 

Would this explain deep sleep? 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

22 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Or are they both the same thing? 

No one knows

What is the "observer"?

As far you are concerned, it´s only a thought.

Awareness is aware of awareness. The observed is awareness. The observer is awareness. So there is no observer or observed. Just awareness aware of awareness. If you find something other than awareness, notice awareness of “it”. Then scrutinize how the two are separated (Awareness, and the thing awareness is aware of). Any ample inspection reveals there is no separation, just the thought that there was. Deep sleep is such a thought. Be sure to also ‘throw out’ all words and meanings, like “awareness”, “consciousness”, “nothing”, etc, as they were just pointing.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

There's no observer or consciousness. There is only observation. Spontaneous creation. Something being made aware/conscious of, without a doer behind doing anything.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Why dont you take a look. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Is there a subject behind consciousness? Something that exists prior to consciousness? 

Would this explain deep sleep? 

There is no observer just observation.

It's real and unreal...

Real because it's what apparently happens..

Unreal because it's empty there's nothing behind it.. nothing manifesting

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Whatever your experience happens to be in relation to this question, in the present moment, is the only truth there is. There's nothing outside of that. This is how the zero-point fractal works, constantly birthing an infinite amount of relative truths along with every other form, or state, that could be. 

There is an observer. But there is only the illusion of separation from what's being observed.

unnamed.jpg

All stories and explanations are false.

We have a soul. I don't know if the soul can be in a state of 100% non-awareness, but the fact that I can raise the question seems to suggest that it's possible (note: I don't recommend using that line of reasoning at home).

Even in deep sleep we have awareness, it's just a different kind of awareness. We aren't processing things in the same way so we don't have memory of events taking place. I really doubt that consciousness just "switches off" because you're asleep. Rather, it changes in form.

13 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

There’s no observer, only consciousness.

I like it.

How about: There are no mountains, only rock.

And believing it's something that needs to be killed perpetuates it's existence..

Simply recognize its unreality.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake that's exactly right. There is actually nothing to do, nothing to be killed. 

@BipolarGrowth In the triangle illusion I posted earlier, nothing needs to change other than an awareness that the (blank) triangle in the middle is not really there.

All it takes is a spontaneous shift in awareness. It can't be "forced" any more than the spooky triangle can be made to disappear in the optical illusion. If it happens, it will happen by itself. But it sure helps if someone gives you a nudge in the right direction.

Edited by LastThursday