GroovyGuru

Is online dating even worth it?

34 posts in this topic

I posted something on here several weeks ago about how I can't get chicks even though I'm fairly interesting, intelligent, and have a great physique. I'm about 5'11 and 175 pounds. Anyways, Leo and others had some advice about just going out very often and talking to girls. So me and 4 of my friends literally went to the hottest place in my city. 2 very hot girls walked up to us but each went to my 2 really handsome friends and I just kinda sat there with my other buddies and drank more tequila than I can remember haha. But the girls in this place were all seriously 10s, so it was kind of intimidating to be honest and I didn't talk to any because we just sat at the bar.

I decided the next day to download 3 dating apps and give that a go. 2 days in and I didn't get shit, but I've been constantly experimenting, playing with my bio and so on. On the 3rd day, I actually spent hours that day wearing different outfits and taking some really good pictures of myself. I took 3 good ones, and I used another 2 with friends so it looks like I'm social. Today is the 5th day and I've literally had like 1 match. Another girl "invited me to chat" but both completely stopped responding suuuper quickly. And I wasn't being boring or anything, despite my inexperience with girls I'm actually super confident about my texting ability and I'm able to be kinda cute and funny over text. Today, I literally ran out of girls to swipe on Tinder in my city xD.... and I live in a big city so I actually found that kind of funny. I mean it's whatever, I'm not beating myself up over it but I definitely thought that between 3 dating apps and some good pics of myself I'd have over 1 match lol. Is this shit even worth it if you don't look like a model? It's been only 5 days, but I've been pretty active. 

I'm new to this so I don't know if I should give it more time or just forget about it. Like I said I'm really not bothered, I actually find it funny that I've only had 1 match. Anyway, thanks for reading...

I'm gonna make an app called incelder.com where all the incels can date and hook up with each other. I'm half serious about this idea. 

5 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

I'm gonna make an app called incelder.com where all the incels can date and hook up with each other. I'm half serious about this idea. 

But most incels aren't willing to pitch for the other team.

hrhrhtewgfegege

27 minutes ago, Roy said:

But most incels aren't willing to pitch for the other team.

maybe they should pitch amongst themselves then :D

2 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

maybe they should pitch amongst themselves then :D

You know what the phrase means right lol? There are no female incels, all the guys would have to go gay for your app to work.

hrhrhtewgfegege

5 hours ago, GroovyGuru said:

But the girls in this place were all seriously 10s, so it was kind of intimidating to be honest

Go back and approach!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes, it’s worth it, you just have to know what you’re doing. 

Since the pandemic and being single I’ve gone on dates with plenty of girls from insta and tinder, and I live in a town of 30,000 people, and my tinder is far from optimal, you’re obviously doing something wrong here.

These guys are the online dating gods, watch them & also read their “lay reports” and check out what successful bios and pictures look like.

https://www.youtube.com/c/PlayingWithFireDating

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

My personal opinion is YES IT WORKS, but you have to know what you do. 

I personaly don't have sucess. Friend of mine ( he is short but good looking) has sucess with Tinder and Instagram, its easy for him to arrange date with unfamiliar girls just from tinder and insta. 

He found his current girlfriend with instagram (she is good looking and smart)

@GroovyGuru Its worth only if you are up to a few things.

First and most important, where you live. Is hot girls something normal? Are they open to online dating? How open minded is your culture... If not forget about it even if you are a 10. It sucks in my country. Dating in general here sucks. I can only get high quality girls when meeting tourists on the beach or resorts. And the pandemic has made dating just unworthy in general, apart from now including the danger of virus. 

How patient are you? You need alot of patience in dating through text. I cant stand such waste of time. It gets on my nerves just to see if at the end the girl its even worthy of chat. 

How good looking are you? Looks is what creates matches. How high quality are your pictures aswell. 

How discplined are you? Making a bunch of matches will get you no where. You need to play girl by girl to see whats up. Staying persistent and organized in your game on her. 

Online dating is not so easy as it seems, but it can be if you have those together. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

It may help if you could share screenshots of how your conversations stopped. There's something wrong there probably.

I've overheard that one third of all American marriages starts online. So it's not exactly useless.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

I'd say put the hours in into your social skills.

Become funny in real life social situations.

Make your mission every day to make a cute girl laugh, and you will see results far beyond what online dating will do for you.

I was an awkward nerd when I started going out and in just 2 years I completely transformed myself.

Now go tell a girl a joke :D

https://aapo.blog/

my personal website-actualized since 2015-just waiting for the day-we have the first guys on the forum

born on 2015 :P

Yes online dating is worth it - I've gotten laid a ridiculous number of times through Tinder/Hinge/etc (I have pics/vids on my site for proof). Online dating is easy-mode if you improve yourself to a point where you look half-decent and have decent pics. If you're not getting results, you need to improve your looks and take better pics. (I started out obese and dressed like shit, so if I can do it, anyone can).

Improving looks - you don't have to look like a greek god, but you do have to work on yourself a bit. Lose fat, get a decent haircut, dress a little better, throw in some accessories (watch, rings, necklace, whatever), hit the gym, groom yourself, whiten your teeth, etc.

Better photos - just go out and take a bunch of photos, and keep practicing - you'll improve over time. Take 500 photos and I guarantee you some of them will be great. Use those in your profile.

Messaging the girls you match with - I've got a full guide on my site but I'll wait til I've contributed here a bit more before linking to it (don't wanna look like a spammer). PM me if you want the link. But basically I just send:

Hey, you’re sexy. I’m [your name]. Watcha up to?

[Respond to whatever she says]. What do you like to do for fun?

[Respond to whatever she says]. I’m into [hobbies you’re into]. What part of [your town] are you from? I’m in [area you’re in].

[Respond to whatever she says]. You seem cool, we should grab a drink and see if we click. I’m not looking for anything super serious, but if you’re up for a drink, a flirt & to see what happens, drop me your number & I’ll send you a text.

Then just grab a drink, hangout and talk about whatever for an hour or so, and say, "I've got work in the morning so gotta head off soon, but wanna come back to my place for one last drink before you head home?" She'll know exactly what this means. If she says yes, then back at yours make a move. If she says no, just try again on the second date.

-Andy

5 hours ago, killyourinnerloser said:

You seem cool, we should grab a drink and see if we click. I’m not looking for anything super serious, but if you’re up for a drink, a flirt & to see what happens, drop me your number & I’ll send you a text.

this is like the most cringy stuff ever :D Does this really work? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Ive been adding "People you may know" girls on facebook for a few years and Ive met some cool & beautiful chicks, it helps if they are from your uni so they are more likely to go out with you. This has gotten me like 1 date per month on average. Its way better than 0 dates per month, but its not that much either and it feels hollow. Like at some point you think to yourself "Id prefer to talk to them in person, im tired of texting to get dates. I want to approach and get dates". Thanks to the quarantine I gave in and finaly tried tinder - I went out with 2 cool but average looking girls and 2 hot girls in a matter of a few months. Tinder is way more exhausting than facebook tho. I have to delete the app and cool off for a week from time to time, its that distracting. But I wouldnt invest all my time in online dating, its just gambling. Try cold approach man. 

4 hours ago, killyourinnerloser said:

Who cares about cringe; get in there and start hitting on girls dude. You'll be cringy sometimes, you'll embarrass yourself a million times, you'll look like an idiot; none of that matters. You won't care about all the times you were "cringe" when a girl says yes to you.

nah, I've been in relationship for 10 years, this stuff doesn't interest me anymore but was genuinely curious if girls get attracted to these sorts of cheesy lines (no offence at all) 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@LfcCharlie4 This is not the case if you dont look like a norse demigod like you. Online dating is only good if you can show off looks, status or a cool lifestyle. Thats just the hard truth.

I've also had a lot of online dates. There were a lot of negative responses. But this is normal. Come on, you don't have to look like a model to meet a girl. Just try changing your speech. Give it more time. But in General I don't like serious relationship, hahaha