Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moon

Is "evil eye" just the law of attraction?

20 posts in this topic

I've seen cases where people say "evil eye" caused something bad happen to them, but could it just be the negative feelings/energy of something bad happening made it happen?

Or is evil eye a separate phenomenon in itself?

I've heard examples of people saying law of attraction affected others around them, like curing their child's illness, in the same way that you could affect someone else's life using LOA, can someone else not do the same using "evil eye"?

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

@Moon 

Feels like, by saying "evil eye" caused something bad to happen to me is just the way of giving your authority to someone else.
If you believe that something bad is going to happen to you, by focusing on what you don't want, it's very likely it's going to happen. 
So, yes, I agree with you, it's LOA.

There is only God/Love/Truth/you.
You won't have the supernatural abilities to manipulate reality if you are deluded.
Say, this is due to the way everything is designed, due to our true nature.
So, to have something like Miracles of Jesus you have to be self-realized.
If you are self-realized you won't harm yourself, something like "evil eye".
So, the only thing which you can do is to give love
Spiritual transmission is the real thing, I guess.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@allislove well put!!

2 hours ago, allislove said:

If you are self-realized you won't harm yourself, something like "evil eye".
So, the only thing which you can do is to give love
Spiritual transmission is the real thing, I guess.

oooh ok! So, I know this issue of "evil eye" isn't common in typical western culture

But I know personally of South Asian women who believe it, and I've heard of bad stories often happening to their children "because of it"

I think why the evil eye notion is popular between mothers and their children is because in the womb they were physically ONE, and even after birth, a baby/child and mother are energetically connected (more so the more dependent the child is on mother). This is why I think a mother's love for the child is closest to unconditional love without spirituality...perhaps why the LOA in terms of "evil eye" may effect their children as whatever good or bad they focus on affects their "self" which often expands to their child too? and perhaps new mothers are likely to focus on the bad due to postnatal depression too

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

My Italian heritage calls it "malocchio" which translates to evil eye.

Yes, it's law of attraction. 

Many, many, many things in this life are unconsciously created by us.

Our beliefs about how the world works reinforce themselves in our experience due to confirmation bias.

But, when we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@Moon

The power of giving love is incredible :D 
Just seat for 10 minutes in solitude and feel some gratitude towards somebody. Remember good moments, give some appreciation for something this person did for you. Think about why you are grateful for the experience with this person, feel loving. By changing the expectation you can change everything.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

21 minutes ago, Adam M said:

My Italian heritage calls it "malocchio" which translates to evil eye.

Interesting, South Asia often calls it "Nazar" (which also means general eyesight though in hindi/urdu haha) 

21 minutes ago, Adam M said:

Many, many, many things in this life are unconsciously created by us.

Our beliefs about how the world works reinforce themselves in our experience due to confirmation bias.

But, when we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change.

Amazing! I've had realizations about my ideas of positive psychology being created by me

I kinda resisted getting into spirituality for a while now, but had some signs from the universe, starting with a dream telling me to open up to it!

I'm allowing my feelings/vibrations to guide me now so I'm v interested in LOA but I partially think isn't this confirmation bias too? Do I need big awakenings to really know it's true?

32 minutes ago, allislove said:

The power of giving love is incredible :D 
Just seat for 10 minutes in solitude and feel some gratitude towards somebody. Remember good moments, give some appreciation for something this person did for you. Think about why you are grateful for the experience with this person, feel loving. By changing the expectation you can change everything.

Love it!

Man I feel like I've transformed from knowing this self-help/intellectual version of gratitude to magic!! It's so beautiful 

@Moon My mom and sister have always been superstitious about nazar, it's pretty funny. They're also superstitious about black magic and witchcraft.

I think it's possible that one can send "negative" and harmful intentions to god and the universe but karma is a bitch and you'll hurt yourself playing such games. A lower level of consciousness (as David Hawkins defines it) will have less ability to manifest its intentions on the world compared to higher levels of consciousness, and being hateful/spiteful is a low level. It's the paradox that the more of yourself you give up, the larger you become. One might think for example that being enlightened and letting go of some ego results in you becoming invisible, meek and passive. But it ends up being the opposite, you end more powerful. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

2 hours ago, lmfao said:

@Moon My mom and sister have always been superstitious about nazar, it's pretty funny. They're also superstitious about black magic and witchcraft.

oooh, I feel like that stuff is probs confirmation bias again, not sure

2 hours ago, lmfao said:

It's the paradox that the more of yourself you give up, the larger you become. One might think for example that being enlightened and letting go of some ego results in you becoming invisible, meek and passive. But it ends up being the opposite, you end more powerful. 

hmmm interesting

On 27.7.2020 at 3:59 PM, allislove said:

by focusing on what you don't want, it's very likely it's going to happen. 

I'd really hate 10k on my bank account rn xD

Are you talking about black magic and/or witchcraft?

On 7/27/2020 at 9:08 AM, Moon said:

I've heard examples of people saying law of attraction affected others around them, like curing their child's illness, in the same way that you could affect someone else's life using LOA, can someone else not do the same using "evil eye"?

Loa is a one player game. While the joy of it might seem infectious, it arises only from within one. One might initially credit that joy to being around another aware of loa, but that one will inevitably realize they themself are the source. 

One giving “the evil eye” is experientially separating themself from their source, and is completely powerless in kind, and are praying on another’s ignorance to be influenced. Like vacuuming without the vacuum being plugged in...not much really happening there, though it might look similar and convince someone who’s quite distant from what’s actually going on. 

One who buys into the belief in evil, and judges the giver of “the evil eye”, is essentially abandoning their source as well, ignoring the feeling which tells them there’s no truth to the “evil eye” and other such curses etc. It’d only be a conceptual judgement projected upon the giver of the “evil eye”, the discord of which would be felt by the be-leaver.  Loa has a source, and there are not two. 

On 7/27/2020 at 0:46 PM, Moon said:

Do I need big awakenings to really know it's true?

Yes. Absolutely, you might say. Then relativity is seen for what it isn’t, and loa is understood in a meta, yet intimately personal, sense.

Yet also, no. One can employ loa to discover it is true. 

Many roads, one source. :)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Evil I ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 27.7.2020 at 3:08 PM, Moon said:

I've seen cases where people say "evil eye" caused something bad happen to them, but could it just be the negative feelings/energy of something bad happening made it happen?

Or is evil eye a separate phenomenon in itself?

why do you think it’s „just“ the law of attraction - and if so did you understand it’s mechanism? 

in some sense it’s verry much the same, in another sense it’s not. the evil eye belief is a system of beliefs which reaches far back into at least egyptian pharaonian culture. its pointing to much more than towards a simple belief if you get into it deeper.

be careful to get into these kinds of spirituality, especially as a moderator, it’s pandora’s box, that’s also why there have always been two eyes in egyptian culture and does not mean getting a full access to the third one fast. if you get into it on an experiential level, you basically can’t really care for the moderators job anymore, because you‘ll have to work through your own shadows and can’t really expect members to buffer your shit for you, a moderator roll after all is slightly a power position especially for newbies. and yes to answer to your question after reading nahm’s response: it is LOAs shadow side - people sometimes try to deny its existence but you don’t have to focus on a shadow if it might be there, on the contrary if you try to deny it you can try to attract only positivity but the shadow will get you anyways. its def not bad to know if it’s your own or someone else’s - although everything is one. after all LOA is some kind of brand a little bit like mickey mouse, it helps you to get up if you don’t know how but it’s not representative for the underlying dynamics.

Edited by remember

@Moon thought about it for very long time. if you really want to get into it, look into self fulfilling prophesy as a psychological phenomenon. also ofc positive psychology is the way to get out of negative beliefs, it’s one of the best inventions made in the united states (with a shadow side), although trying to figure out how negativity develops and is being maintained is very important, too. how do boundaries change with the outsourcing of responsibilities or how do they develop when people take full responsibility while they might not be able to? its a common phenomenon that abusers take none dumping everything on the abused, sometimes leading to a negative chain reaction until the weakest spot. you could also reflect on subliminal messages and how they work. i guess contemplating on the evil eye in connection to the third eye symbol can be very effective if you don’t get carried away by your own defence mechanisms or get in conflict with your roll as a moderator. 

Edited by remember

On 29/07/2020 at 8:10 AM, Arcangelo said:

Are you talking about black magic and/or witchcraft?

Not specifically but it can be linked

On 29/07/2020 at 1:13 PM, Nahm said:

Loa is a one player game. While the joy of it might seem infectious, it arises only from within one. One might initially credit that joy to being around another aware of loa, but that one will inevitably realize they themself are the source. 

One giving “the evil eye” is experientially separating themself from their source, and is completely powerless in kind, and are praying on another’s ignorance to be influenced. Like vacuuming without the vacuum being plugged in...not much really happening there, though it might look similar and convince someone who’s quite distant from what’s actually going on. 

One who buys into the belief in evil, and judges the giver of “the evil eye”, is essentially abandoning their source as well, ignoring the feeling which tells them there’s no truth to the “evil eye” and other such curses etc. It’d only be a conceptual judgement projected upon the giver of the “evil eye”, the discord of which would be felt by the be-leaver.  Loa has a source, and there are not two. 

Nice one!!

On 29/07/2020 at 1:13 PM, Nahm said:

Yes. Absolutely, you might say. Then relativity is seen for what it isn’t, and loa is understood in a meta, yet intimately personal, sense.

Yet also, no. One can employ loa to discover it is true. 

Many roads, one source. :)

Amazing! I've started using the dream board idea you've recommended :D

On 29/07/2020 at 7:02 PM, remember said:

be careful to get into these kinds of spirituality, especially as a moderator, it’s pandora’s box, that’s also why there have always been two eyes in egyptian culture and does not mean getting a full access to the third one fast. if you get into it on an experiential level, you basically can’t really care for the moderators job anymore, because you‘ll have to work through your own shadows and can’t really expect members to buffer your shit for you, a moderator roll after all is slightly a power position especially for newbies.

I don't understand what you mean exactly but I'm not interested in this stuff as a belief system for myself anyway, was just curious 

On 29/07/2020 at 7:02 PM, remember said:

And yes to answer to your question after reading nahm’s response: it is LOAs shadow side - people sometimes try to deny its existence but you don’t have to focus on a shadow if it might be there, on the contrary if you try to deny it you can try to attract only positivity but the shadow will get you anyways. its def not bad to know if it’s your own or someone else’s - although everything is one. after all LOA is some kind of brand a little bit like mickey mouse, it helps you to get up if you don’t know how but it’s not representative for the underlying dynamics.

Hmmm interesting 

I think I understand and have used the psychological theories it can work in but never thought about the LOA in a deeper sense 

@Moon if you are interested in the theory mainly, magnetism is only the surface part.

but you can also observe a dynamic of response and repel within your social interactions through this. i sometimes rather be not too popular or likable for example than having intense emotional phases with a rough awakening. although evil eye stuff is all this mobbing related shit. wherever is light, must be shadow and it’s not always us who choose.

LOA in a sense can sometimes have effects of extreme positivism which can have this bubble effect of denial, the LOA-self-bias. ofc positive thinking is important, although we all are sometimes stuck in negative patterns and ++ while in reality it’s +- is not the same. awareness is best if understanding -+ . 

evil eye can be like - - within a person but also represent a real social dynamic, i mean if people in a family for example make bad comments to the new wife of the son (sorry i use a purple example because evil eye is in a sense a purple belief) or not even that but always look at her in a mischevious way and she notices and maybe also while she is pregnant (using the example you mentioned) it will def have effects on that woman’s mood and psychological constitution and could even lead to depression, that’s what i mean with mobbing related stuff. ofc in a non purple setting this stuff is much more complicated.

in a purple setting the eye symbol though as protective charm may indeed have some kind of moral function and remind people of being nice, polite and kind and supportive, if in a traditional surrounding - so the symbol in some sense must be known to be a real protective charm.

Edited by remember

5 hours ago, Keyhole said:

You can combat evil eye with a right side up hamsa over your front and back doors of your home, and for luck, upside down.

You can also use sage and clear energies from the air and your body, as well as cord removal to keep their negativity from embedding itself in you.

well yeah and it works - if you are a witch ;) and have a supportive social network. its as if you gain some kind of protective shield.

i use an ahimsa at home, and some other stuff and like to burn white sage and do some personal cleaning rituals from time to time, not let negative stuff affect me - although i‘m still into problem solving and confrontation.

happy to see you writing again :)