Leo Gura

Christian Fascism & The Alt-Right

60 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I stumbled upon this gem

it's very short

Fucking brilliant! :D

That's the FoxNews audience right there.

"Are you a Marxist?" LOL :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Can you be a religious Christian and racist at the same time? 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

1 hour ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Leo Gura Can you be a religious Christian and racist at the same time? 

Can you? Most of them are.

Slave owners used Christianity to justify their moral right to own slaves. You can use Christianity justify any evil.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Can you? Most of them are.

really?!!
I cannot understand this idea given that religion advocates equality and anti-racism 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

2 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

given that religion advocates equality and anti-racism

Lol

Since when??

Religion has always been about POWER and us vs them thinking.

@Leo Gura scriptures that are in every religion advocating equality. I am sure bible is full of that, right? I am not familiar with Christian environment but mohammad said for example what is in the pic below 

unnamed.jpg

There are larger differences between Christianity and Islam than is generally recognized among Muslims.

@commie  but both work under the same mechanism of blue level of understanding 

18 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Leo Gura scriptures that are in every religion advocating equality. I am sure bible is full of that, right? I am not familiar with Christian environment but mohammad said for example what is in the pic below 

unnamed.jpg

Look here. There's talk and fantasy, and then there's how people actually behave.

Trust their actions more than their cheap words.

- - - - - -

"All men were created equal..."

"Black guy is 3/5 of a person..."

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Trust their actions more than their cheap words.

got you 

thanks for the quote :D

Nobody ever believes he is racists. If racists understood they are racist, then racism wouldn't exist.

The whole trick to racism is that it's denied in plain sight with a straight face.

@Leo Gura Some people really need to work on self-love cause man -

Internalized racism is also racism. The key is to face the ugliness of the ego and then open up to love

Edited by kagaria

explain grammar to an alien ?

4 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

unnamed.jpg

@Eren EeagerReligious scripture can contradict itself because there were numerous writers and numerous figures/ translations throughout history to justify the power dynamics at the time. For example, when it comes to translations, there is one quote in the bible that is commonly cited to justify homophobia that says something along the lines of "God says men shall not lie with other men." However, some people argue that this was a mistranslation and that the original said "God  says that men shall not lie with other boys." That would change the passage from condemning homosexuality to condemning pedophilia. Christianity says that you should "love thy neighbor as yourself" but there are also sections that justify slavery which isn't exactly loving everyone equally. 

Because of these contradictions, a lot of religion is cherry picked. The way religion is practiced in expressed in one area can differ greatly from one area to the next. Religion in a stage blue environment could be used as a tool to further justify existing hierarchies for the lord while religion in stage green can be used to justify fighting those same hierarchies in the name of lord to spread love to multiple groups of people. Even though religion is seen as a stage blue phenomenon because that is were religion is taken to it's pinnacle to where you see all of its excesses and limitations, you can see Christianity in other stages including stage orange too, especially with the televangelist, Joel Olsteen types who preach that success is your god given right from his multi-million dollar mansion.   

In other words, religion provides the cherries but the cherries you pick are reliant on your particular level of development given your sociopolitical surrounding and the interests of those in power.  

Edited by soos_mite_ah

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

7 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I also found this gem

1596031840677.jpg

That's some grade-A racism ;)

The problem in the US is that slavery has never been properly acknowledged. 
when nazi Germany ended, the government started reparations immediately and TRUE AND COMPLETE history was thought to their people. Everyone in Germany agreed, and the whole world as well, that being antisemitic was horrendous, and now *most* people wouldn’t dare to be antisemitic. If 50 years ago people would say “Jews lives matter”, people would support it and understand that they should not be killed in concentration camps. 

But here in the USA that have  never happened. The true history of slavery is not even taught in schools. Just today I saw a video about a politician complaining about introducing a new curriculum about slavery to the deeply WHITE WASHED education kids received in the USA. 

That’s the problem. Everything is pushed under the rug. No real accountability has been taken. Every time someone brings the topic they shut it down and called it divisive. It’s like they’re ashamed of the truth, and it’s easier to be in DENIAL 

Nationalists cannot accept the idea that their country was/is extremely corrupt and devilish, because the whole nationalist worldview assumes my country is the good guy no matter what.

Thus nationalists are in a constant battle of denial. Which is why they make it their life's mission to attack SJWs.

@Leo Gura students are introduced to objective, real history for the first time at college level courses like cultural anthropology, sociology, and even a freshman politics and power course (I took it and was shocked) which are required common/ flexible Core classes. 
Any class that teaches true history will take people out of denial and into a little bit more of understanding. That’s why trump called college “radical left indoctrination” centers. 

@Jennjenn That's why conservatives undermine and demonize academia. They have to because otherwise their entire worldview would be debunked by science and history.

There is a good reason why the majority of Trumpists are not college educated.

An educated person would see right through Trump's horseshit. Trump is only great at fooling the uneducated.

Which is also why conservatives want to dismantle the public education system.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Which is also why conservatives want to dismantle the public education system.

A group of researchers literally wrote fake and outrageous articles which got accepted by academic journals. They made up clearly stupid experiments and quoted passages from Mein Kampf. Many departments are clearly corrupt in Universities. 

The progressives/left are also a threat to academic freedom. Maybe we should stop pretending that it’s not.