RedLine

"Everything is Love" is subjective bias

195 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Space said:

This is not actually the case. You see, understanding what the phrases 'Everything is Love', or 'Reality is Love' mean requires an extremely radical shift in consciousness which is far beyond your normal state, and is also far beyond even ego death. Has God realised itself through your body/mind? This is the kind of level of consciousness required. This simply cannot be understood at 'normal' human consciousness.

At the highest levels of consciousness, the actual substrate of reality is recognised as Love, and that this Love is Absolute because it is Infinite and Eternal. Every happening that has ever occurred is literally Pure Love. 

Just because one individual is not conscious of this does not mean it isn't an absolute, or that its only true 'for you' as you say. Truth is not dependant on 'individual humans' being conscious of it, otherwise it wouldn't be absolute. 

You decide to focus on this point instead of people dying because of hungry. I find the second one more interesting. Can you talk about that? 

You can be ignorant about some thing which is there. Indeed you can be ignorant about no thing.

The typical example would the air you breathe. Often times people aren't aware of it and for the longest time people didn't know how breathing worked or what it was for. If air is absent, you die. But if you're ignorant of it, it's typically not a serious problem.

7 minutes ago, RedLine said:

you just change the label suffer for ignorance. It doest explain anything about the question

I'm not sure what question you're talking about. Could you simply type the whole question again (label change included)?

The second you open your mouth you are already wrong. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

12 minutes ago, commie said:

You can be ignorant about some thing which is there. Indeed you can be ignorant about no thing.

The typical example would the air you breathe. Often times people aren't aware of it and for the longest time people didn't know how breathing worked or what it was for. If air is absent, you die. But if you're ignorant of it, it's typically not a serious problem.

I'm not sure what question you're talking about. Could you simply type the whole question again (label change included)?

If you don't experience breathe then breathe doesn't exist for you at least you be aware of it again.

If you are an ignorant -of God- and you are experiencing suffer because of it then suffer is what is real for you.

Edited by RedLine

5 hours ago, RedLine said:

If you are in a non-dual state and you experience God, you experience that everything is love, but it does not mean that the rest of the people are experience that.

This term "nondual" it was mainly associated with Zen Buddhism although the  Vedanta school of Hindus, also centuries old now describe their philosophy as nondual as well. 

And Zen monks never describe nonduality as experiencing God 

@RedLine Logic and mind have no way to dive into the question you're asking, it's as simple as that. Without thought, utterly absorbed, you know because YOU ARE. End of story. Love is a word, but it's one of the best to point to the heart of reality. Peace as well. As soon as you try to do anything with that word, it's too late.

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The second you open your mouth you are already wrong. 

This.

Also, we are waking up to see that suffering is our own making - ALL of it. Why do you think awakened beings have nothing on their heart but freeing people of suffering? That's not only done in the phenomenal realm. It is the ultimate act of love without hesitation. Again: Only absolute silence reveals what is true. Questions melt away, for they are too flat for infinity, they don't matter. 

36 minutes ago, RedLine said:

This is a logical contradiction.

You are saying Love has no opposite and suffering is its opposite at the same time. 

Yes it is. Let go of logic and feel. Ever forget where your keys are and get irritated...then remember where they are feel relief? Same you, same keys. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

21 minutes ago, RedLine said:

You decide to focus on this point instead of people dying because of hungry. I find the second one more interesting. Can you talk about that? 

I will never deny or invalidate the suffering of others. Other people suffer, horrible and terrible things happen in the world and we should all be working towards reducing this. 

Yet this does not contradict what I said in my previous comment. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

"War and peace arise together in an endless dance; they are one continuum. One half cannot exist without the other. Just as light cannot exist without dark, and up cannot exist without down. The world seems to want light without darkness, fullness without emptiness, happiness without sadness. The more the mind gets involved, the more fragmented the world becomes."

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

12 minutes ago, RedLine said:

If you are an ignorant -of God- and you are experiencing suffer because of it then suffer is what is real for you.

Agreed, hypothetically (I don't think that's why we suffer). So what?

6 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Logic and mind have no way to dive into the question you're asking, it's as simple as that.

I agree that using the word love in this context is confusing. But how would you know the limits of logic and mind? "It's simple as that" doesn't exactly communicate expertise.

6 minutes ago, Space said:

I will never deny or invalidate the suffering of others. Other people suffer, horrible and terrible things happen in the world and we should all be working towards reducing this. 

Yet this does not contradict what I said in my previous comment. 

Everything is Love and horrible suffer happens at the same time. It looks contradictory. How do you explain that?

It only looks contradictory because you understand these words as pointing to contradictory things. But people may use the same words to mean different, non-contradictory things or even no thing.

4 minutes ago, commie said:

It only looks contradictory because you understand these words as pointing to contradictory things. But people may use the same words to mean different, non-contradictory things or even no thing.

so love and suffer are the same? suffer is also a expression of Love?

Depending on the context of the sentence, yes: suffering might be an expression of love. These words have many meanings and a five-word sentence is basically a catchphrase. The issue is: what difference do you think it makes exactly whether suffering is or is not an expression of love?

@RedLine Your mind is just not open, so convincing you is pointless.

You will never understand until you drop everything you think you know about reality.

There is no difference between subjective and objective.

And there are no others.

And you cannot use Ken Wilber's AQAL model to grasp the Absolute.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, commie said:

Depending on the context of the sentence, yes: suffering might be an expression of love. These words have many meanings and a five-word sentence is basically a catchphrase. The issue is: what difference do you think it makes exactly whether suffering is or is not an expression of love?

It makes all the difference. It is the most important question of the history of philosophy since Aristotle. It is classically expressed as the relationship between the Absolute and the relative.

It is the final piece to make sense of the Being, is there a "good" or "neutral" essence? 

Let's see in the future how can I see through the eye of others. I would really like to believe that suffer is just a manfistation of Love too. In some sense it is like homeopathy, you need to believe to be healthed.

Good night.

33 minutes ago, commie said:

I agree that using the word love in this context is confusing. But how would you know the limits of logic and mind? "It's simple as that" doesn't exactly communicate expertise.

It communicates: stop any mental movement. It IS as simple as that, so what else to say? :) 

The lack of all subjective bias, is Love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@RedLine Your mind is just not open, so convincing you is pointless.

You will never understand until you drop everything you think you know about reality.

There is no difference between subjective and objective.

And there are no others.

You are right. It is all about experience, categories are not useful. But then, what is the goal of your videos? you are transmitting ideas, thoughts, words, categories, there. If ideas are not useful all then why do you do that? Maybe they are actually useful in some sense and worth the effort to work with them instead of answer typical non-dual answers.

Language is a tool and the goal is get the closest you can to reality without "broken it".

42 minutes ago, RedLine said:

so love and suffer are the same? suffer is also a expression of Love?

Ok try on this VR helmet for a moment. 

Same exact everything happens to each of these women

A women gives birth through a an hour process involving suffering and love. Was it one or the other?  Or both?

One mind may summarize it as an amazing experience perhaps the best moment of their life. 

Another mind may see it more quantitatively and say it was 10 mins of agonizing suffering and 50 mins of unbelievable joy, so overall a net benefit making it objectively a good experience. 

Another may say it was an awe full experience as a whole and would never do it again. 

A zen mind may say they were one and the same unbroken and you can’t separate the two because they are intertwined  as an event  

Notions of is it this or is it that aren’t so easy to nail down. And this includes the subjective notion you want to claim as a reason why something called enlightenment or Love doesn’t exist. 

Empty your cup, maybe you’ll find out.