Lyubov

Karen, Kevin & Anti-Masker Examples Thread

20 posts in this topic

these seem to be going viral regularly and are kinda... shocking

I'm white (I identify as jewish but I pass as general white ethnicity from US perspective) and I have never experienced anything like this in my life before

Edited by Lyubov

dont stereotype people

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I don't think we need a thread of these examples.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Actually masks outside and social distancing outside aren't going to be very helpful. Some scientists here concluded that based on good research some months ago, and now we also have 236 scientists that have come together to persuade the WHO about this,

as unfortunately, once a political or scientific official policy has been made, organizations of experts may not like admit their wrong.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/04/health/239-experts-with-one-big-claim-the-coronavirus-is-airborne.html

Among the identified outbreaks, 53.8% involved three cases, 26.4% involved four cases, and only 1.6% involved ten or more cases. Home outbreaks were the dominant category (254 of 318 outbreaks; 79.9%), followed by transport (108; 34.0%; note that many outbreaks involved more than one venue category). Most home outbreaks involved three to five cases. We identified only a single outbreak in an outdoor environment, which involved two cases. Conclusions: All identified outbreaks of three or more cases occurred in an indoor environment, which confirms that sharing indoor space is a major SARS-CoV-2 infection risk.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.04.20053058v1

People love to hate on governments and go far out conspiracy like when they get to the side of spectrum that may not be all that supportive. That's not logical either. Though there is a core of truth to the idea that managing powers can like to power trip, or I have seen it so often, things go well, but someone sitting in an office all day hired to 'manage' things comes in changing around for the sake of it self's idea of need and power and mess things up, that's not entirely applicable in this case, but watch out for it in life.

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

@Forestluv Damn a lot of insecure, delusional and some seriously mentally ill women exposed at their worst. 

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

What a great oppurtunity to put yourself in Karens shoes and feel what its like be angry, entitled and having the whole world laugh at you for it. 

A self humiliation thread, love it! 

Re-cog-nizing YOURSELF xD 

problem lies where you cannot see yourself 9_9

Edited by DrewNows

This Karen thing is disgusting, but seeing PenguinZ0's critiques on it just cracks me every time.

I chose to no longer be a member of this forum.

34 minutes ago, Zak said:

This Karen thing is disgusting, but seeing PenguinZ0's critiques on it just cracks me every time.

yeah idk if i would call it disgusting but it's definitely real, why is there a need to attach shame to it? 

Angry Karen videos are 2020's version of "feminist triggered" compilations. Just mindless shit. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

40 minutes ago, lmfao said:

Angry Karen videos are 2020's version of "feminist triggered" compilations. Just mindless shit. 

Yep, this amusement park of unconsciously making fun of people through social media is only gonna get worse. 

Edited by Rilles

13 hours ago, Lyubov said:

these seem to be going viral regularly and are kinda... shocking

I'm white (I identify as jewish but I pass as general white ethnicity from US perspective) and I have never experienced anything like this in my life before

The term "karen" is racist

It is stereotyping names just like if a white person used "Leroy"  every time they referred to a black person

The delivery man is in the wrong here.  He is expecting a woman who opens the locked door of her building to let him in.
What he should be doing is respecting her security stand away from the door,  let her go in  and after the door closes ring the bell.

Why do I say this?  Because I got robbed at gunpoint once while entering  a building.  How is this woman to know that this complete stranger is someone who she should be let into her building?

I don't condone the woman's condescending remarks, she is in the wring for that and her persistence to try to keep him out even after the tenant on the intercom verifies that they they have a delivery but that is a separate issue.

Some people who have always live a sheltered  existence don't understand this.

There are also people who dress up as Fed Ex employees and do home invasions.

People in cities sometimes visit other people and when they get to their friend's building someone is already entering the building  so they come up behind that person, push the door back some as it's closing and they enter also.   This normal behavior in public building that have guards but in private buildings it bypasses the security of the building.

I don't do this.  I keep my distance let the person enter and for the door to close. Then I ring the bell

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

Yep, this amusement park of unconsciously making fun of people through social media is only gonna get worse. 

No, it's quite necessary to show racism, foolishness, and unnecessary aggression as bad.

1 hour ago, Nak Khid said:

The term "karen" is racist

No, it's about racists, who are usually generic middle-aged white women.

12 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

No, it's quite necessary to show racism, foolishness, and unnecessary aggression as bad.

Karen is not a racist term in the usual sense, its a stereotype of entitled angry middle-aged women. 

2 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

No, it's about racists, who are usually generic middle-aged white women.

The amount of ridiculing and mockery on the internet is far above the threshold amount necessary for progress to occur, so it is not necessary. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Karen is not a racist term in the usual sense, its a stereotype of entitled angry middle-aged women. 

The name "karen" is used to specifically indicate such behavior in white females

Does racist behavior of the people in the videos cancel that?

No.   It's like when people try to argue not all black people are N's

Now think of a stereotypical black woman's name

______________________________, 

Now collect a bunch of black women doing some particular  behavior and start posting various videos of each of these clips  and label
each one this stereotypical name
That is what is going on here.   Do you want all these racial memes to start happening now?

It's a populist low minded mentality.   Isn't this Karen thing cute and funny.
GIve it another couple of months there is a lot of racial animosity peculating from various angles right now and a lot of big stress factors on the economy. People are buying up a lot of guns. Crime rates are going up, Federal troops are being sent around. This is not a game
I have no problem with showing people misbehaving in public captured on video but this stereotyping and the labeling  is stupid, hypocritical and destructive.  It's cute now but it's thing like this is another step in a progression

Oh , you live somewhere removed from all this? Nothing is at risk for you?  Good for you