Chumbimba

I lost my soul

12 posts in this topic

Every day I wake up miserable because of my job. Call center 9-5

I want to go back to school and get my CS and Psychology degrees but I don't want to take more student loan debt and I have to provide for myself throughout college. I want my soul back and am lost. Does anybody have ideas about what I should do?

16 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

I want to go back to school and get my CS and Psychology degrees but I don't want to take more student loan debt and I have to provide for myself throughout college. I want my soul back and am lost. Does anybody have ideas about what I should do?

this in the United States?

I would say see if you look for a new part time job and then reduce the call center to part time in the meantime

Edited by Nak Khid

• Study computer science on your own a little before going to work and a little after work
  • Create a few small projects
  • When you consider that you have the minimum experience, search for a job in the field as a junior software developer
  • Explain your situation to your future employers and show your projects, personal projects are more important than any degree in the software industry. The people will maybe understand you, have some compassion, and accept you in their company
Edited by Raphael

@Chumbimba

It's hard, but maybe you got to give up certain comforts to make it. I congratulate you for the decision to not make new debt! The best thing you can do is learn 1h a day before and after work and some more on Saturday. Look for a different job (not gonna lie, it's not likely to get one so you will need to hustle to get a job). It's maybe depressing, but if you make sure to make the most of your time it's very likely that you are in much better circumstances in 1 to 2 Years. No College degree needed if you are competent

On 25.07.2020 at 1:58 AM, Chumbimba said:

I'm in a similar spot as you are man. Discipline, hard work, radical honesty with yourself, and being humble is the answer you are looking for.

Sorry man, but that's the reality, I feel ya.

On 7/24/2020 at 7:58 PM, Chumbimba said:

You could start a business, go to school to get a better job, or keep working your job and minimize living expenses, saving as much money as you can. The way the system is designed, there aren't many other options. Everything takes work, so you might as well choose what kind of work you want to do the most.

@Chumbimba

Also, gratitude is something you have to focus on. I also had a 9-5 job which I didn't appreciate. It was an easy and well-paid job, in a big city, yet, I was too arrogant to be thankful for that. Corona showed me my place and now I work for minimum wage in work that makes me want to kill myself just thinking about how dumb I was.  

Start a gratitude journal, that should help. That practice alone will make you realize, how lucky you are, just having something to eat, a place to live, being healthy. You could be born without legs, diagnosed with cancer, you name it. 

Even looking from a metaphysical / Actualized.org perspective - Universe is infinite, you could incarnate as a fly eating shit and die in 2 days. Be grateful for what you have and live your life to the fullest!

Call centre sounds like an awful job. Providing for yourself by essentially scamming others...

Good luck with it, i have finally found my own answer for finances, but i can't help with yours.

@Artsu @Chumbimba

That's a terrible post, man, for real. First, you are saying to him, that his job sucks. Then, about you founding your own answer, without giving him any advice. 

First of all - when you will bitch out about your job, it will not help you at all, it will make you miserable and bitching about how unlucky you are and unjust the world is. The key is to accept your situation as it is and move on from there. 

I don't really like Jordan Peterson, but he was right, saying, that you have to prove yourself, anywhere you work, always do your best, that will train you for future situations and future jobs. His first job was a dishwasher, and he gave his best, even there. 

I agree, brainwashing people to buy your products is not the best thing to do in the world, but you will never leave that place without money, that they are paying you. Vicious circle, but you don't really have much choice, do you?

@Chumbimba you know,9-5 is still not 12h and there are no night shifts, you do really have time to learn, even on your own. The motivation problem is far far bigger tho.

Thank you for your replies.

I am in control of my situation. I will come out victorious in the end. It just takes time. I got myself in this mess probably starting in the 4th grade when I stopped taking academics seriously. Now I have to get myself out of it. I am not using my resources to my advantage (not being strategic) so let me fix that :)