Leo Gura

Questions About Love

88 posts in this topic

This is a question about love but I think you could ask it about other facets of awakening too.

Could aliens, that have egos but no ideas of love (in the relative sense), understand and awaken to absolute Love? How would they process the experience if they've never experienced and have no knowledge of the limited/relative forms of love?

49 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Your mind is kinda awake...

My mind and me as body is an illusion.

It's only 'nothing' to the mind.

You will have to become nothing. You need direct experience. 

The Heart bothers not with such things. The Heart is way too occupied with loving. The Heart has no polar opposite. The Heart is whole. The Heart only beats. The Heart only is. 

After enlightenment experience, you realize that you (self is gone this point) are nothing therefore everything every moment, which is now. Therefore, love appears inevitablely. But real love is effortless love, because there is no self, whatever you see or feel is you. So love is, helping others (because they are you) when they need, crying with them, sharing them pain and happiness, if they are hungry be hungry with them. But not as body (because there is no body as you), whatever the emotion or people in the moment they are you. So behave to others how you behave yourself.

Because whatever you doing is force or convincing someone to love is the only right thing to do. No. This is not enlightenment, or selfless. You still have an expectation from others to love others. Expectations occurs with the ego. This is CONDITIONAL LOVE. Love is giving people whatever they need. If cat is hungry go fed them, if flower need water give water. Love is sharing, everything till nothing left within you. Thats what LOVE IS. This is UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.  

This is also pure consciousness

Pure consciousness is nothing. 

BE HUMBLE AS NOTHING, SHARE AS EVERYTHING. i dont want to destroy the threat. Much love.

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@James123 The one who walks forward with their heart wide open has no time to look back and deny the steps they've taken.

You cannot be 'nothing'... You can only be.

Peace.

Edited by ivankiss

What is the role of suffering in regards to love ? 

( I think this sums up a lot of questions I see here - And I would also like to know ) 

2 hours ago, James123 said:

My mind and me as body is an illusion.

8:58 This western Advaita that it's all an illusion has got to end! You won't awaken if you believe everything's an illusion. 

7 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

8:58 This western Advaita that it's all an illusion has got to end! You won't awaken if you believe everything's an illusion. 

When you dont know, you become that untouchable pure consciousness. Body will Not disappear, but it will be no differences than air. Because with knowing you have become a person or you have the body. Dont listen people who still have so called mind. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

(recounted while I think of a better question)

Is love a verb, noun, both or neither? 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Q: who, when, what, where, why? 

A: love

But leo....

Bonus question: how? 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

What is the relationship between love and shame? Is taboo love just love that society frowns upon? Is love just a chemical process in my brain?

Love is more than acceptance in my opinion 

If you accept death as an inevitability that doesn't mean you want to die or are happy about dying.  

If you need a shot of medicine you accept the pain of being stuck with  needle
or the the drill of a root canal. But is this love because it is acceptance? 

Why take a beautiful word like "love" and relegate it to simply giving up when you realize  resisting is hopeless? 
"Surrendering to God", that's good
but what about surrendering to a military invasion by an overwhelming large group of  fascists?  You might choose to accept it rather than be killed
but is that acceptance love or practicality?  Surrendering to anything more powerful, is that is love ? 
Is accepting everything better because everything is included? 

If you accept that fact  that murder and rape go on in the world
you don't have to accept a particular potential rape or murder you might be able to prevent  
but to do so Is that love?   or is it apathy labeled love? 

Do we believe that loving everything is better because it's loving more things? 
If you love murders and also love feeding starving children is this infinite love?  

Is creation so wonderful that we are expected to love watching a mob stomping somebody to death? 

If we can image an extreme "absolute" or "infinite" or "unconditional" love
are we to discard all ethics or accept any behavior because to not accept it would be leaving something out 
and then we couldn't apply these "unlimited"  "absolute"   Infinite" 
 purest words ? 

Edited by Nak Khid

Are there different types of love? Platonic, sexual, familial? What about "perverted" forms of love? Pedophiles, zoophiles etc.

Let's suppose everything is Love and God is Love.

Does this mean that if I have to choose between "mind" and "heart", then the heart-based decision is always better? Does this mean that "good feelings" imply more consciusness and are closer to God than intelligent and "objective" decisions? (I don't think so)

Is the feeling of love a prerequisite for acting out of love? Can I be loving without "feeling" love? If my choice and action is based on genuine feeling of love, does this mean that I accumulate "good karma" (even if I cause suffering with that)? What is the relationship between the feeling of love and real acts of love?

6 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

Do we believe that loving everything is better because it's loving more things? 

If you love murders and also love feeding starving children is this infinite love? 

Quality is more important than quantity. Simplicity (rather than complexity or chaos) leads to Pure Love. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, relative becomes absolute etc. etc. God/Life/Love is what you make of it. If you create an ugly monster and call it Love, it won't change the fact that it's still an ugly monster.

Let's suppose there is a range from lower forms of love (cheap, sentimental, "romantic", chemically-induced, ego-based, emotional, survival oriented attachment) to higher forms of love (unconditional, "spiritual", pure, real love).

How can I distinguish the two forms of love? What is common in them?

Where is motherly love in this scale? Is it just cheap biology or real love?

Love is associated with feminine energy. If this is correct, and God is Love, then God would have only feminine qualities. This seems not to be the case.

If love is not just feminine, what does the masculine side of love look like?

Edited by M89