SQAAD

If God Exists Then Why There is So Much Suffering & Evil?

45 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

@WelcometoReality

This evil comes from human selfishness. But if God exists , then he must have designed this way. 

You are creating evil. Evil does not actually exist and there is no Gods design that's just a belief your holding onto.

The only way God/reality can be truly unlimited is if there is pure infinite potential, which is necessary since there is nothing outside of reality that limits reality (bc then the limiter would be unreal); and God must limit itself in infinite ways (call it tactical omniscience/memory erasure), otherwise there would be nothing discernible at all, though simultaneously that is actually paradoxically the case.

@WelcometoReality

21 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

You are creating evil. Evil does not actually exist and there is no Gods design that's just a belief your holding onto.

How do you know that there is no God's design?

This is probably a belief you are holding onto.

@seeking_brilliance , this notion of pain and suffering being necessary as way of God manifesting his potential is nonsense. I received this insight from a psy trip: there is pain because of free will. The original pain is the fear that we will be abandoned and left alone in a void. I understood that the pain of this fear is so extreme that people choose lesser pains as a distraction.  

God's grace and love is manifest in the myriad ways that people express dignity, nobility, love and hope despite the extreme pain of their circumstance. This is God healing those hellish spaces, This is how his beauty is most manifest.

Edited by Demeter

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

@WelcometoReality

How do you know that there is no God's design?

This is probably a belief you are holding onto.

Touchė. ? Can you see a design? All I can see is what is. Design or no design are both constructs.

1 hour ago, Demeter said:

@seeking_brilliance , this notion of pain and suffering being necessary as way of God manifesting his potential is nonsense. I received this insight from a psy trip: there is pain because of free will. The original pain is the fear that we will be abandoned and left alone in a void. I understood that the pain of this fear is so extreme that people choose lesser pains as a distraction.  

God's grace and love is manifest in the myriad ways that people express dignity, nobility, love and hope despite the extreme pain of their circumstance. This is God healing those hellish spaces, This is how his beauty is most manifest.

I like this post, it rings of truth.

I will add, that the fear you speak of is only one of the reasons for sin. There are others. There are deeper reasons.

Edited by Artsu

@SQAAD 

The God that you speak of arises out of you, the Truth. What if love could be so big that it left some wiggle room for evil and suffering?

There is so much love here that evil is allowed to play. Evil is nursed in the womb of Love and allowed to become all that it wishes to be, fully supported by Love. The same love that you are. You arise out of this love. 

Down to earth talk now lol: Love is reality. Love is the potentiality. Love is fully accepting - no matter what. 

You are that which allows "you" as ego (as mind phenomenon, imagination) to arise.  That which is spoken through mind is not "it", but is still itself.

Let's have a closer look at the opposite of evil for your conditioned mind (that which you call you)... love. 

The love that is True is so big that our limited senses are unable to perceive it. You cannot perceive yourself as this love. Love is the pure subject of perception, it is not the object of perception. Imagine a love that allows the imagination of its limited self.. The love of the conditioned mind, to arise and thrive..

Peace and love dude :) 

Lenny

Edited by Lenny

@WelcometoReality

59 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Touchė. ? Can you see a design? All I can see is what is. Design or no design are both constructs.

Yet you claim that there is no design... 9_9

8 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@WelcometoReality

Yet you claim that there is no design... 9_9

I claimed. Let's not cling to the past. ;)

The truth is we can't know if there is a design or not right?

Evil is your perception, it has no objective existence.
People harm others because they are acting out their own suffering.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Nahm

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

@SQAAD

Can infinite know finite? 

I don't really know but i supposes yes..

On 7/24/2020 at 7:40 AM, seeking_brilliance said:

This question can't be answered with logical thinking, at least not without huge recontextualization

I think this is well said. It is very difficult and won't be satisfying to most people if it is answered through logical thinking or from the basis of a standard human paradigm that most people hold.  

Good and evil are just labels your mind put on certain events, facts, words and emotions. 

There are just "facts" happening right now.

To be more accurate, there is only raw data that is captured as sensorial perceptions of something happening in the present moment.

Your mind interprets this raw data as sounds, smells, colours etc., put labels on them (eg. something brown with branches, a log and leaves is a tree) and then create mental associations (a story) out of them (eg. a tree has leaves and needs water to survive. There are many different types of trees etc.).

The same is true for good and evil. 

Good and evil are just added meanings of some fact happening. 

Talking about good and evil, notice how you judge some fact (someone beheadings some other guy) as "bad" and you attach particular emotions (anger, disgust, resentment etc.) and a mental story out of it (that guy is a madman, he must be stopped etc.).

The same is true for other "good" facts. 

In reality, everything is perfect as it is and happens.

There is then no good and evil :)

22 hours ago, Nahm said:

@SQAAD

Can infinite know finite? 

Yes. Finite cannot exists without an infinite creating a finite subsystem of itself.

The opposite is not true.

That's why "we" are constrained in our human forms to don't normally perceive other dimensions, other kinds of living beings (eg machine elves, aliens, spirits etc.) and having deeper knowledge of how reality works.

Plus by living through a perspective (eg. as a person) in a particular dimension on a particular planet (eg. planet earth), we are making us even more finite in a finite world/dimension in an infinite realm.

Eg. with psychedelics or enlightenment you can gain more knowledge about your true nature, the nature of reality and much more, but you cannot become infinite, because you are making yourself finite in the process of perceiving infinity.

Edited by Vittorio
grammar error

On 23/07/2020 at 10:15 PM, SQAAD said:

If God exists and he is all loving and powerful then why does "he" allow so much suffering, pain and misery in the world? What kind of God is this?

If you just answer love , please elaborate .

Let me rephrase your question:

If God is all loving and powerful then how could it allow even the least amounts of suffering, pain and misery in the world? Can't it just let everyone be happy and in love and harmony all the time? If it can't, then why insist on it being all loving and powerful? Can't God create a perfect utopian world? In theory it could, yet in practice it didn't. Why?

Probably because God is a little kid playing some kind of video game.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

6 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Nahm

I don't really know but i supposes yes..

Relax & contemplate that a bit more. I believe there’s a realization there for you that you’re looking for. 

If infinite could know finite...wouldn’t that mean, since there is finite...that there isn’t infinite? 

@Vittorio ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

14 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Relax & contemplate that a bit more. I believe there’s a realization there for you that you’re looking for. 

If infinite could know finite...wouldn’t that mean, since there is finite...that there isn’t infinite? 

@Vittorio ?

What "?". I replied to your question lol? 

50 minutes ago, Vittorio said:

Yes. Finite cannot exists without an infinite creating a finite subsystem of itself.

Infinite can not know finite. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

31 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Infinite can not know finite. 

Correct.