Preety_India

Toxic Masculinity Examples Mega-Thread

131 posts in this topic

Hey, I know this ain't an example but a quick question ?

I'm in high school rn, 16 yrs. I feel that putting on an "alpha male" identity is like a very important survival mechanism for me. I've tried being "feminine" and vulnerable put the fucking academic system and all the immature people (including teachers..) just put me down and do not understand.

With that context now, is there a way I can keep this identity for another 2 years without it fucking me up as a person?

1 hour ago, March said:

Hey, I know this ain't an example but a quick question ?

I'm in high school rn, 16 yrs. I feel that putting on an "alpha male" identity is like a very important survival mechanism for me. I've tried being "feminine" and vulnerable put the fucking academic system and all the immature people (including teachers..) just put me down and do not understand.

With that context now, is there a way I can keep this identity for another 2 years without it fucking me up as a person?

Just do what you have to in order to survive. It will make you stronger, it will not fuck you up. If you can be an alpha male/top dog in a competitive environment, that doesn't hurt! I'd suggest you just do that for now.

Once you do that and you do achieve success, or you do get a certain degree of confidence, or you do become the top dog as you want to, then you have the power to change that environment. Then, you can decide to either change your environment and leave, go to a more peaceful environment, or lead the growth of your environment into a more peaceful and co-operative one. If you see that this environment isn't receptive to your attempts at changing it, you can leave that environment and practice setting up relationships where there's the win-win, or where it's not just every man for himself, it's more co-operative where everyone's working towards a common goal, everyone's genuinely on each other's side. That's how you solve the issue of distrust and create relationships where people trust each other.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Teenage boys very often show huge ammounts of toxic primitive masculinity. Theft, bullying, fights , throwing rocks, torturing animals, etc.

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

12 minutes ago, mmKay said:

torturing animals,

teenage boys torture animals? sounds like signs of psychopathy to me

Dont look at me! Look inside!

5 hours ago, mmKay said:

Teenage boys very often show huge ammounts of toxic primitive masculinity. Theft, bullying, fights , throwing rocks, torturing animals, etc.

Yea it's kinda unrestrained toxic masculinity with immaturity and low self control 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I would make a difference between the primal animal like masculinity and toxic masculinity.

To me toxic masculinity is based in fear and insecurities.
The animal part is more spontaneous, aggressive and exploratory.

Just like a toddler smashing ants to see what happens.

I just heard a story about a girl that I know.

What happened is that her mom married a violent man. This man tried to touch her sexually when she was a kid and her mom was very afraid that something worst could happen. One day when she was still a kid she went back home with another adult and she saw her dad beating her mom with a huge stick. Her mom then run away from the house, entered the car, and escaped, but she ended up at the hospital with broken ribs. After she got out of the hospital she was too physically damaged to do anything, so her girl had to care about her even though she was only a kid (maybe less than 12 years old).

Many years ago when this girl was coming to the house to play with my sister, her mom would call to be sure that she was in security. It was important for her that her girl doesn't get out of the house without adults in case if she met her dad.

My fav thread. 

Time to drop my gun away. :)

When you just can't decide which one is better. 

;) or :)

Warning: This one is severely toxic + racist.