Preety_India

Toxic Masculinity Examples Mega-Thread

131 posts in this topic

Lets talk about mens issue playlist. 

this can help you understanding toxic masculinity and also fixing it. 

Real men piss standing up.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, moth said:

Toxic Masculinity: letting another human live rent free in your head

like your dad basically. or like you if you‘d ever have a family. they come into your house with basically nothing and then expect you to feed them wipe their ass and do all sorts of things for them these useless bastards. 

you can send 20$ dollar over to my account because i spared you the experience to ever even think about having a family - and let your twisted words move through my head. its pretty obvious who lives in yours.

Edited by remember

@Rilles Real men don't piss at all ;) haven't used the bathroom since I got out of diapers

17 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

Real men don't piss at all ;) haven't used the bathroom since I got out of diapers

Kim Jong-Un - "Allow me to reintroduce myself."

hrhrhtewgfegege

30 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

Toxic masculinity doesn't allow women to be angry, you can see this in action when a woman doesn't act in line she's called Karen

I agree with your entire post, except this part is a misunderstanding.

I'm sure people use it too liberally and excessively, but the true meaning of the "Karen" meme is referring to videos of women (typically middle-aged white women by volume) engaging in exceptionally stupid and/or unreasonable behavior that is universally demonized as socially unacceptable.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

14 hours ago, flowboy said:

Okay, because I asked you to explain the toxic masculinity of it. So then if you respond to that with a bunch of unrelated criticisms of JP, that have nothing to do with toxic masculinity I'm going to call you on that.

I did not ignore your explanation. I read it and it makes sense. He according to you associates women with chaos and men with order.

Is the value judgment on chaos as being negative from you, by the way, or from him?

Because I actually think you need both. From chaos comes creativity, progression and new ideas. Without order, they would not get implemented.

I apologize for my tone yesterday, I was a bit irritable.  

I see others have answered a lot of your questions and did a hood job explaining.

I'll add that the concept of toxic masculinity is not to shame men.  Quite the opposite, it is used to LIBERATE men and women from unhealthy thinking and behaviors.  Do yourself a favor and try to understand the concept and apply it to contemplation of yourself and your behavior.  It may end up freeing you from the harmful limits that culture puts on you.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This shit: The Proud Boys

I'm always thrown off by the proud boys. it's usually farm boys and incelish guys without any sort of style that I usually associate with redpill but the proudboys are like hipster redpillers. 

On 23-7-2020 at 3:50 PM, MsNobody said:

@flowboy @Display_Name men at stage orange and below will show clear signs of toxic masculinity, the fact you don’t see anything wrong with Dan Bilzerian and Jordan Peterson just shows where you are at in the game. :ph34r:

@MsNobody Wow, great "argument". I ask you to put your point in words and you simply fail. Not only that, but you lash out at me and say "if you have to ask then there's something wrong with you". Very mature! You and your stubborn refusal to provide any reasoning to back up your statements, thus derailing healthy debate, are a prime example of toxic femininity. Or is it toxic masculinity? Which one do you prefer? I don't care. Be a grown-up.

Your evasiveness or inability to explain yourself convinces me of what I already suspected: you love to use the phrase "toxic masculinity" without understanding what it is and what it is not. Rather, you relish the opportunity to just randomly name some famous men that you have some sort of beef with, and call it "toxic masculinity".

Did you know that it doesn't just apply to men? Did you know that each woman and man and everything else have femininity as well as masculinity inside them? I'm guessing you didn't know that.

I'm objecting to your childish impulse to hijack an intelligent debate to drag some names through the mud. If you think that there's something inherently wrong with stage Orange, or stage Orange men in particular, then you're just missing the point. These stages were not conceptualized for you as a tool to shame and judge people with and help you feel superior.

Or just be honest and admit that you are just blabbering nonsense about people because they trigger some issues for you. My recommendation is to figure that out with a therapist, but if you must, there's probably some feminist extremist forums where you can vent all your rage against these men and no one will ask you to make logical sense or stay on topic.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Dan Bilzerian is a fraud btw, just so people know lol.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@AtheisticNonduality I'm not saying he doesn't. I'm saying it's important to explain how and why when you give people these negative labels, otherwise the conversation degrades into a shitshow. To quote JP: "Be precise in your speech" ;)

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy calm down man ? 

I’m not a feminist to begin with and yes I‘m already doing therapy, are you? 

Btw just a heads up I’m done with this conversation, the one being triggered here is you who took a good 10 minutes to write a huge rage text, I have more interesting things to do but I appreciate you sharing your opinion.

God bless you 

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

@MsNobody You came in, threw some mud, now you're done. Without backing up one shitty thing you said about me, dan bilzerian, Display_Name, or anyone else who disagrees with you or even questions you. You can see why your incapability of having a mature discussion annoys me.

On 23/7/2020 at 5:17 AM, Preety_India said:

I wanted to start a megathread where you guys can give examples of toxic masculinity and discuss what you think comprises toxic masculinity. 

What do you/we mean by toxic masculinity?.. A real man is simply a biological male with no fear in his heart. That is a man. Otherwise he is not a man, but just a male. 

do not use Trump as an example, he is just a very frightening one. 

13 minutes ago, Fadl said:

do not use Trump as an example, he is just a very frightening one. 

That's why he is an example of toxic masculinity. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 25/07/2020 at 10:49 AM, AtheisticNonduality said:

JP asks to specify words until they are meaningless.

Well no, precision is part of our individualistic drive... wait I don't understand your question? 

So it turns out I only understood the concept to a degree (still learning) because it is used most often in a distorted way. German wikipedia says it's behaviour or mindsets that are implying that kind picture of a man:

• men are not allowed to show weaknesses but have to be tough
  • feelings and emotions should be hidden or suppressed except for anger or aggression. conflicts are being solved with violence.
  • a real man doesn't articulate his fears and sorrows but keeps them to himself
  • men are not overwhelmed or helpless; they are able to face the problem and solve it without needing to ask for help
  • behaviour that is said to be more feminine (crying, shyness, fear, showing affection...) do not belong to being a real man
  • men are oriented towards competition and dominance; they are not made for cooperation
  • a real man always wants sex and is always ready for it
  • men and women are not capable to understand each other or being friends with each other
  • men whose body does not match the masculine ideal are not being taken seriously or are ridicouled

So basically we can say a lot of women are also toxic in that regard towards masculinity.

Although I still don't understand why being a "nice guy" and fulfilling that expectation of society isn't toxic as well. Because afterall it's limiting and not healthy to anyone in society. Because it's usually the "nice guys" who have lots of repressed anger and switch into being not so nice afterall in an instant.

Edited by Toby

On 7/22/2020 at 11:17 PM, Preety_India said:

I wanted to start a megathread where you guys can give examples of toxic masculinity and discuss what you think comprises toxic masculinity. 

One example that comes to my mind is  Trump 

I'm politically unbiased, but in this video Trump seems to vocalized what most men (and maybe some women too) would think but never say out loud, no? The toxic part is not him being politically incorrect by speaking what he thinks, but the motivation behind it - toxic competitiveness, putting others down to have an upper hand in a situation. He does it with male competitors as well, so it's not just limited to women.