VeganAwake

Which version of Enlightenment sounds best for 'Me'

76 posts in this topic

Whichever one sounds like 'I' has the best chance of surviving.

The illusory sense of 'self' cannot conceive of its own unreality.

It simply cannot conceive reality without 'IT' being center stage in some way shape or form.

It believes itself to be an Ivory Tower and does not want to see that it's merely a flimsy House of Cards ready to topple over at the feet of any deep inquiry.

This is why distraction is the Ego's favored defense mechanism:

Awakening is literally learning to die before you die, it's not merely adopting a belief about Awakening that sits well with the sense of 'self'...

It's the dropping(emptying one's glass) of all illusory mind constructed concepts and beliefs that hide what's never been missing.

It's not an adding or gaining of sorts, it's the crumbling away of untruth.... and it can feel like a destructive process.

❤ ❤ ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Yes the separate self protects itself from its own crumbling at any cost. If truth is the highest agenda then any sense of falseness should be looked at and questioned.

3 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

@VeganAwake Yes the separate self protects itself from its own crumbling at any cost. If truth is the highest agenda then any sense of falseness should be looked at and questioned.

❤ absolutely

Hey bro have you ever heard of David Bohm... he used to work with Einstein and J Krishnamurti and a lot of other greats.

He was a rebel scientist. ?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

3 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

❤ absolutely

Hey bro have you ever heard of David Bohm... he used to work with Einstein and J Krishnamurti and a lot of other greats.

He was a rebel scientist. ?

Yeah I have heard of him. I <3 rebels. xD

@WelcometoReality nice ?

there is no seperate self, unless you define it.

why would you define a seperate self? 

On 23.07.2020 at 3:59 AM, VeganAwake said:

It's the dropping(emptying one's glass) of all illusory mind constructed concepts and beliefs that hide what's never been missing.

It's not an adding or gaining of sorts, it's the crumbling away of untruth.... and it can feel like a destructive process.

does that sound realistic? how can you drop, dropping itself.  how can you empty glass while being a glass?

that is also a concept. connected with your physicality. which is very dangerous.

if you try to do that, even after you succeed little bit,  you are gonna have to reconstruct your "mind" if you still have  to power left to do so. 

29 minutes ago, cnfvm said:

does that sound realistic? how can you drop, dropping itself.  how can you empty glass while being a glass?

that is also a concept. connected with your physicality. which is very dangerous.

if you try to do that, even after you succeed little bit,  you are gonna have to reconstruct your "mind" if you still have  to power left to do so. 

The Experience feels real until it dies and then it's recognized it never was. ❤

Just now, VeganAwake said:

The Experience feels real until it dies and then it's recognized it never was. ❤

The experience feels real until it dies because triggered by a delusion in the first place.

The experience might be real, how you define it , up to you.

7 minutes ago, cnfvm said:

There is no separate self just layers of identification with thought (I thought) and emotion (fear) which form an energetic movement that I call the separate self.

Believing that there is no separate self won't get you closer to enlightenment. It will just be another layer of the separate self on top of all the other layers.

1 minute ago, WelcometoReality said:

There is no separate self just layers of identification with thought (I thought) and emotion (fear) which form an energetic movement that I call the separate self.

Believing that there is no separate self won't get you closer to enlightenment. It will just be another layer of the separate self on top of all the other layers.

believing that there is seperate self, you are gonna live with that seperate self eternally.  which is hell.  till you stop defining a seperate self.

12 minutes ago, cnfvm said:

believing that there is seperate self, you are gonna live with that seperate self eternally.  which is hell.  till you stop defining a seperate self.

Definitions are just words pointing to something within experience. The question is how well do they point.

You just defined hell.

I don't believe there is a separate self. I'm defining what the separate self is based on my own experience.

Edited by WelcometoReality

3 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Definitions are just words pointing to something within experience. The question is how well do they point.

You just defined hell.

I don't believe there is a separate self. I'm defining what the separate self is based on my own experience.

i didn't define that hell for myself. i defined it for those who believe they have seperate self.

3 minutes ago, cnfvm said:

i didn't define that hell for myself. i defined it for those who believe they have seperate self.

Yes as I'm well aware you did. I think you're hung up on the wording separate self. You can use another term if you want to. Let's call it Sweetie pie instead.

2 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Yes as I'm well aware you did. I think you're hung up on the wording separate self. You can use another term if you want to. Let's call it Sweetie pie instead.

you can burn yourself with whatever you like. :)  i am not wishing that for you, it is just your preference .

1 minute ago, cnfvm said:

you can burn yourself with whatever you like. :)  i am not wishing that for you, it is just your preference .

I'm not burning myself. Just seeing the falseness and truth. Wake up and see for yourself.

1 minute ago, WelcometoReality said:

I'm not burning myself. Just seeing the falseness and truth. Wake up and see for yourself.

you can even burn yourself with truth :) just don't overdose. your nervous system might not handle TOO MUCH truth. 

Just now, cnfvm said:

you can even burn yourself with truth :) just don't overdose. your nervous system might not handle TOO MUCH truth. 

That might be true. ? But it's truth or bust for me no matter the consequences. ?

2 minutes ago, cnfvm said:

you can even burn yourself with truth :)

Self is an completely illusion. Truth is realizing there is no self and that you are nothing (therefore infinite). ? lol.  You think there is something As you in the so called body? Whatever man i am done. Just dont misinformation to people. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

7 minutes ago, James123 said:

Self is an completely illusion. Truth is realizing there is no self and that you are nothing (therefore infinite). ? lol.  You think there is something As you in the so called body? Whatever man i am done. Just dont misinformation to people. 

Well you can burn away your Self with truth. :D

7 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Well you can burn away your Self with truth. :D

Brother, this is the one of best answer . ???????

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."