bazera

How would you deal with death of your loved ones

8 posts in this topic

How would you deal with huge negative emotions that come with losing someone you loved?

If a person very close to you unexpectedly died, what is it that you would try to do in that situation. What would you tell a person who lost someone very precious in order to help him to cope with the emotions? How would you relate to a person who is starting to lose hope to live a life in general, because of his loss?

And what are your opinions about death in general? What would you say to a person who just lost someone he loved?

Lost of questions... But I'd appreciate your opinions very much.

Edited by bazera

Realization reveals that there is no death. This is perhaps the greatest revelation that self realization imparts. Death is misunderstood simply because humans are identified as a body-mind, until and/or unless there is experiential insight/realization into our true nature. I've tried to communicate deathlessness to close relatives,even recently when my uncle died, but not to much avail. It's understandable though in that, until and/or unless they realize for themselves their fundamental deathless nature,nothing can break the illusion of their mis-identification as being nothing more than a body-mind. At best, they can choose to believe or have faith there is no death,but that's just a belief,not knowing.

As far as comforting them,words are not that necessary. Being there for them to have someone to express their emotions & thoughts to, and genuinely listening,empathizing and connecting "heart to heart" with them, is of greater value than saying something generic like "sorry for your loss". Many people say this just to say it,not truly mean it. Again, authentic actions are more important than idle words.

Hope this helps. ?

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

I lost my father some years ago and I haven't been able to come to terms with it. 

I just think that it's a part of me that I lost which will never come back. 

That's all. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

When a person dies, they go to the spirit world.

They're probably having a better time than they had on earth. You can even contact them.

Why do you think about that? Who knows. People die and kids are born, just the way it is, people go and others come, so your love is the answer.

Spirit realm, dream realm, yeah, for a while before rebirth, you can experience them in dreams, not necessarily better or worse.

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

Thanks, guys

4 hours ago, Artsu said:

When a person dies, they go to the spirit world.

They're probably having a better time than they had on earth. You can even contact them.

@Artsu How do you know that?

I'd be sad -- because I want to be sad if that happens.

I would not be sad over feeling sad though, which is what many people seem to do.

Sadness, sorrow, can be beautiful like all other emotions.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.