NorthNow

When death is experienced, what happens to awareness?

66 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, dvdas said:

@James123 I allways enjoy seeing people like you trying to explain to them 

Glad to hear ??

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

21 hours ago, An young being said:

@WaveInTheOcean It's interesting that you noted sleep is an illusion,How do you say that? If I am not able to be aware during sleep, how does it make it an illusion?

1. You have never been aware of deep sleep.

2. Yet, you still believe it's a real thing happening to you.

3. Therefore it is only a conceptual idea, that is relative true ("yesterday night I was in deep sleep for 5 hours"). It isn't real in an absolute sense. Therefore it is an illusion.

Everything in life is an illusion, except the very present moment, the now. This present moment / the now, contains absolutely no things: only consciousness/Love/God/yourself , which isn't a thing either.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

21 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Just pointing to the fact that if you look closer you may come to realize that these concepts and beliefs that are being identified with as true self or (*the real you* as God/Consciousness/Love) thoughts are not transcended mind thoughts, they're just regular good old-fashioned thoughts being identified with as 'MY' thoughts. ❤

You are projecting your own experience onto me.

When I write God/Consciousness/Love , these words only have conceptual meaning for you, i.e. as 'not-real ideas'.

To me, these words not only have conceptual meaning for me, but ALSO they refer to something in my direct experience.

I'm perfectly aware that words (such as God/Consciousness/Love) are just rather meaningless ideas to the listener who can't refer the words to something in their direct experience.

It's like if you had never seen a tree with your own eyes, and I was telling you about something called 'a tree', and to you -- until you saw one with your own eyes -- 'a tree' would only have conceptual meaning for you as an idea, nothing else.

Become directly conscious of God and Love and Consciousness (i.e: merge with God) and then we can talk :-) Until then, at least be open to the possibility that, perhaps, these meaningless words are pointing to something, you could actually yourself become directly conscious of. 

What I'm trying to here is that I'm like a dude pointing a finger to the moon. You are stuck looking at the finger. Go look for the moon.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

On 7/22/2020 at 7:12 AM, NorthNow said:

Clearly the awareness is here, now. But when this body dies, where does the awareness move to? Another body? Does awareness simply return to the all? Does anyone even have answer?

Is awareness infinite or finite?  Is body a thing or a thought? What is a thing sans a thought? What is a thought? Is thought infinite or finite? 

What direct experience have you of this death you speak of?  You’ve yet to seriously scrutinize any of this. You’re pretending to, through the filter of holding beliefs first. Let them go, inspect the direct experience of what is right now. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

You are projecting your own experience onto me.

When I write God/Consciousness/Love , these words only have conceptual meaning for you, i.e. as 'not-real ideas'.

To me, these words not only have conceptual meaning for me, but ALSO they refer to something in my direct experience.

I'm perfectly aware that words (such as God/Consciousness/Love) are just rather meaningless ideas to the listener who can't refer the words to something in their direct experience.

It's like if you had never seen a tree with your own eyes, and I was telling you about something called 'a tree', and to you -- until you saw one with your own eyes -- 'a tree' would only have conceptual meaning for you as an idea, nothing else.

Become directly conscious of God and Love and Consciousness (i.e: merge with God) and then we can talk :-) Until then, at least be open to the possibility that, perhaps, these meaningless words are pointing to something, you could actually yourself become directly conscious of. 

What I'm trying to here is that I'm like a dude pointing a finger to the moon. You are stuck looking at the finger. Go look for the moon.

It was recognized the finger the moon and the apparent space in-between was never something separate. And the only thing that created the feeling of separation was an illusory experience of the separate 'ME' inside the body. When that experience ended it was recognized everything was already IT... it was already whole complete unconditional freedom for No One. 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

It was recognized the finger the moon and the apparent space in-between was never something separate. And the only thing that created the feeling of separation was an illusory experience of the separate 'ME' inside the body. When that experience ended it was recognized everything was already IT... it was already whole complete unconditional freedom for No One. 

Cool story. Mixing the relative and absolute together like a boss.

You should ponder much more if " No One " is not also someone :> 

I mean, who recognized that everything was already IT / whole and complete for No One ??

Edited by WaveInTheOcean