NorthNow

When death is experienced, what happens to awareness?

66 posts in this topic

Clearly the awareness is here, now. But when this body dies, where does the awareness move to? Another body? Does awareness simply return to the all? Does anyone even have answer?

Nothing happens to awareness. It is aware of another experience. It might manifest another body/reality or might come back into this. Out of love.

Edited by wesyasz

35 minutes ago, wesyasz said:

Nothing happens to awareness. It is aware of another experience. It might manifest another body/reality or might come back into this. Out of love.

You mean back into the same body??? life??? again??? all over??? please no!

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

You move on to the spirit world, as a spirit.

22 minutes ago, Rilles said:

You mean back into the same body??? life??? again??? all over??? please no!

You come back into experiencing through this body only if it is still suitable to be in it. And it's not that you have no choice. You ARE love. And if you come back, you come back to the last "moment", not "all over again". And if so, it is out of love, out of choice. 

9 minutes ago, wesyasz said:

You come back into experiencing through this body only if it is still suitable to be in it. And it's not that you have no choice. You ARE love. And if you come back, you come back to the last "moment", not "all over again". And if so, it is out of love, out of choice. 

What do you mean by the last moment?

I mean the last appearence of physical reality before the experience of death. Or in other words, what the mind will produce to continue the story.

Edited by wesyasz

@NorthNow

There is no separation between body and awareness. The body is awareness, hence Non-Duality.

Death is an illusion, the greatest lie. You are here&now forever, to be yourself – happy, joyful, loveful.
When you wake up in the morning after dreaming that you are Paul living in Paris, what happens to Paul?
Has he died when you wake up? I wouldn't call it so. 
Imagine, this is just a dream created by you for you to experience yourself, to know who you are.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@allislove I like the idea that the "I am" is going to wake up as if from a dream. Imagine if the reality we awoke to was even more real than this one...

Still, I see no evidence for this. I like the Rupert Spira example you gave but it's still purely a belief with its own problems. For one, it's rare that we experience aging and approaching death in a dream. We usually just wake up in the middle of a crazy story. Secondly, the dream reality ceases to exist once I wake up, but, if we consider other perspectives as real as our own, then the waking reality continues even after the individual is dead. 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

16 minutes ago, Shmurda said:

@allislove I like the idea that the "I am" is going to wake up as if from a dream.

This place is a dream.
Only a sleeper considers it real.

Then death comes like dawn,
and you wake up laughing
at what you thought was your grief.

– Rumi

Imagine if the reality we awoke to was even more real than this one...

this is as real as it gets. There is no duality between this and that :D 

Still, I see no evidence for this.

Proving is the second order, being is the first order. To prove anything, firstly you have to assume something is true without proving it.

I like the Rupert Spira example you gave but it's still purely a belief with its own problems. For one, it's rare that we experience aging and approaching death in a dream. We usually just wake up in the middle of a crazy story. Secondly, the dream reality ceases to exist once I wake up, but, if we consider other perspectives as real as our own, then the waking reality continues even after the individual is dead. 

I like Rupert's teachings. Don't try too much to get it conceptually, just do the spiritual practices ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@NorthNow body is a thought. There is no body, and nobody. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

3 hours ago, wesyasz said:

I mean the last appearence of physical reality before the experience of death. Or in other words, what the mind will produce to continue the story.

how do you know this?

5 hours ago, NorthNow said:

Clearly the awareness is here, now. But when this body dies, where does the awareness move to? Another body? Does awareness simply return to the all? Does anyone even have answer?

People are just making up stories, no one knows for certain if there's a continuation of some sort. But let's say that you have a stroke instead which dramatically affects your personality and memories. Then "you" will be no longer aware of the same identity, although the body may look the same on the outside. It isn't the same as death but, in this case, the awareness changes along with the individual except that he can't remember anything about his life before. But we are using logic here so you can't take this explanation for granted. A honest answer would be "We don't know".

8 hours ago, NorthNow said:

I would guess no one could know as long as the body is alive and breathing, because when the body dies then it can’t come back and explain what happens. I think its different from a near death experience because you get to come back. People report having a out of body experience or some mystical experience, or even just some void but who really knows when the body is gone for good. If I had to take a guess, once the body dies your experience dissolves back into awareness as a completely blank state and depending on any spiritual work done during the lifetime, maybe awareness can stay aware of itself as the whole or become lost in a dream again.

Nothing goes on... because nothing is really happening now.

But shhhh...don't tell the sense of self that, it thinks it's the center of the universe and very important.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

How do you know that you Gonna die someday? 

What if you are stuck  in this life forever?  

Have you actually tried to die to test if it's real?   Where is the scientific honesty? Shame on you. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Rilles yeah, reincarination feels true to me, you might have to come again and again, until you experience enlightenment, then you have a choice.