LfcCharlie4

Billionaires & Jeff Bezos Wealth

56 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Those aren't real philosophers.

A philosopher needs to have access to mystical insights and wisdom, as Plato did. A real philosopher needs to be conscious of God.

Good luck finding one of them in our current societies xD May as well start digging up bones.

Would be great to see the outcomes of a government of this sort nonetheless.

Edited by Jacobsrw

4 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

Good luck finding one of them in our current societies xD May as well start digging up bones.

Would be great to see the outcomes of a government of this sort nonetheless.

fr, look at how academia treats people like ken wilber 

5 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

Many poor, who are not homeless on the street per say, are far more spiritually inclined and developed than a corporate businessman. The stereotypical poor are usually more humble and receptive than the rich I’d say.

That’s not true at all, the poor are more greedy, and less spiritual. Just go to a third world country and see for yourself. Let’s just agree to disagree. 

5 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

Yes that’s true but it’s circumstantial not self-predicated.

It’s both. Many poor people don’t have the motivation to get out of their situation.

1 hour ago, Akemrelax said:

That’s not true at all, the poor are more greedy, and less spiritual. Just go to a third world country and see for yourself.

That’s true, however, again you are crudely and vaguely generalising poor people. Those who are poor by the means of a minimum wage do not require existing in such a way. They can still afford to eat and fulfil basic needs. You are using the example of a minority. Most poor live mediocrely. Thus, have little wealth to corrupt them. Be specific in which destination along the continuum you are referring.

1 hour ago, Akemrelax said:

It’s both. Many poor people don’t have the motivation to get out of their situation.

Motivation is a product of the conditions in your environment not only ones self-agency. If you are predisposed poor you are inherently less likely to be motivated. And those who are, typically have historical work ethic values.

Edited by Jacobsrw

2 hours ago, louhad said:

fr, look at how academia treats people like ken wilber 

Indeed. Most in the field of study have very little intellectual capacity to appreciate Wilbers work.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Those who run government ARE the rich and the (relatively speaking) smart.

Those who run the government aren't the rich. They are just public servants with a good salary.

People like Jeff Bezos are the rich ones and they have the power.

If our public servants would stand with us, they could regulate the powers of the rich but it's not going to happen because our politicians are taking lots of money from people like Mark Zuckerberg.

Me on the road less traveled.

3 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

That’s true, however, again you are crudely and vaguely generalising poor people. Those who are poor by the means of a minimum wage do not require existing in such a way. They can still afford to eat and fulfil basic needs. You are using the example of a minority. Most poor live mediocrely. Thus, have little wealth to corrupt them. Be specific in which destination along the continuum you are referring.

Look, yea, I’m making a generalization. I’m talking about poor working class and below. 

Most poor if they had a choice would not live in mediocrity. Wealth does not corrupt you, it just enhances your corruption. I think you have very little experience with poor people. They’re greedy as fuck, they just don’t have the outlet to express it. Sorry if that sounds bad but it’s true.

3 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

Motivation is a product of the conditions in your environment not only ones self-agency. If you are predisposed poor you are inherently less likely to be motivated. And those who are, typically have historical work ethic values.

You can look at everything that way. 

For the purposes of the discussion, there is a difference between individual effort and cultural conditioning.

21 minutes ago, Akemrelax said:

Most poor if they had a choice would not live in mediocrity. Wealth does not corrupt you, it just enhances your corruption. I think you have very little experience with poor people. They’re greedy as fuck, they just don’t have the outlet to express it. Sorry if that sounds bad but it’s true.

That’s completely subjective. How one uses their money often has to do with the culture of their salary. Rich people do not live modestly. And further, they manipulate systems in order to accrue more wealth. Wealth may not corrupt you but the culture of it will.

It’s not greed that generally drives them, it’s the desperation for a sufficient livelihood. Greed is the need for an excess of what already exists. That is precisely the definition of a rich person. You have your terms backwards.

Edited by Jacobsrw

22 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

That’s completely subjective. How one uses their money often has to do with the culture of their salary. Rich people do not live modestly. And further, they manipulate systems in order to accrue more wealth. Wealth may not corrupt you but the culture of it will.

It’s not greed that generally drives them, it’s the desperation for a sufficient livelihood. Greed is the need for an excess of what already exists. That is precisely the definition of a rich person. You have your terms backwards.

You’re calling a virgin an ascetic.

Just because you can’t find sex doesn’t mean you’re not horny, it actually makes you more horny than the man who has plenty of sex.

Rich person is one who has their material needs met. The poor wish they were rich.

If you think the poor are so spiritual then go to Liberia or Somalia to do spirituality. xD

Edited by Akemrelax

3 hours ago, Akemrelax said:

You’re calling a virgin an ascetic.

Just because you can’t find sex doesn’t mean you’re not horny, it actually makes you more horny than the man who has plenty of sex.

Rich person is one who has their material needs met. The poor wish they were rich.

That’s a false equivalency. You are conflating my point. I feel you have a very myopic view of survival. One does not simply become rich and simultaneously contented. The rich are some of the most unsatisfied and insatiable people on the planet, hence the greed for more wealth under the delusional idea it will solve their problem. It’s a self-perpetuating endless cycle of greed.

Poor people may become needy to have their survival met but this doesn’t necessarily make them greedy, it makes them instinctually driven.

3 hours ago, Akemrelax said:

If you think the poor are so spiritual then go to Liberia or Somalia to do spirituality. xD

What are you on about? Liberia is mostly Christian and most parts of Africa overlap into spiritual/theological belief. 

How about India, China or Peru? The far majority of the spiritually involved are poor residing in villages. I have no idea where you are sourcing your information.

Edited by Jacobsrw

6 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

How about India, China or Peru? The far majority of the spiritually involved are poor residing in villages. I have no idea where you are sourcing your information.

Again, you have no idea about the poor. You lack perspective and are arguing with me.

I have lived in India and the villagers are NOT, let me say it again, NOT spiritually inclined. They know nothing about the news let alone politics, they vote for the most conservative candidate possible.

5 hours ago, Akemrelax said:

Again, you have no idea about the poor. You lack perspective and are arguing with me.

I have lived in India and the villagers are NOT, let me say it again, NOT spiritually inclined. They know nothing about the news let alone politics, they vote for the most conservative candidate possible.

You use the term “poor” far too loosely.

I feel the problem here is to use a western lens to understand a non western locality.

Of course they know nothing about the news and politics, the country is underdeveloped in many areas.  That’s not what we were discussing. Spirituality is more integral to the Indian culture. Don’t assume the rich in India are sitting there being mystics. It’s often those who live conservatively.

I think this is far more complex than simplistic categories.

Edited by Jacobsrw

On 7/23/2020 at 8:32 PM, Jacobsrw said:

You use the term “poor” far too loosely.

Go talk to a homeless person and then go talk to a doctor and see which one is more spiritual, wise, and higher on SD, it not rocket science.

15 hours ago, Akemrelax said:

Go talk to a homeless person and then go talk to a doctor and see which one is more spiritual, wise, and higher on SD, it not rocket science.

You’re over simplifying a complex matter. Stages of development have many degrees and gradations.

On 24/07/2020 at 3:53 PM, Keyhole said:

There are simply too many different variations of intelligence to say that there is a lack of it that is causing poor people not to be able to rise up, what the actual problem is is that we have a society that only caters to certain personality types and that we don't have a place for different people in society.  

This is true. Many whom have no point of leverage to represent them self appear far less competent than they actually are. It’s not that poor people are un-intelligent as a general statement. It’s that many do not have the resources available to exhibit it. Of course, there are many who are deluded and toxic. However, a far majority of the issues surrounding poor people and their level of competency is due to the way in which society is structured.