Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kross

Shy Bladder Syndrome

10 posts in this topic

Also known as Paruresis.

I have difficulty peeing in public spaces when people are nearby. Its almost completely a mind issue, not a physical problem. I experience mild to intense irrational anger towards people nearby moving around or making sounds, or just being present. A field of irritation courses throughout my body. This causes me to standing there like an idiot with my dick out trying to concentrate or doing other techniques for starting a stream of pee. It sometimes gets so bad that even if my bladder is completely full and ready to explode, I'm unable to start a stream. I'm afraid I'll go to the hospital becuase of this someday, while making a scene.

I can't tell people around to go far away from the washroom and explain this weird condition of mine. Nowadays I sometimes even have problems at my home with parents around. However, when I'm not concerned about anything and not concentrating on this pee problem while going to pee, I usually pee comfortably. 

Also, even when people are not around, I can have problems due to a time limit. Like when I leave an ongoing exam and I'm supposed to pee quickly and come back. This is when I might visit the toilet, suffer for a few minutes and come back without passing urine, forced to give rest of the exam in pain.

I'm afraid this might hamper my ability to go out of my house for multiple days in the future. Maybe this is an anxiety/social anxiety issue.

Does anyone else have this ? What can I do to solve this issue ? 

Edited by Kross

The slight tension of mind is enough to recoil weight back a tad bit, so just lean forward a bit. Put your body weight on the front third of your feet and toes. Also, stop giving a fuck. Nobody else is, you’re just thinking they are. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Find a stall.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles  I'm not talking about peeing in the open man, the problem is in stalls (closed spaces) and urinals too.

@Nahm Tried all sorts of body positions including leaning forward, they don't seem to work. The thing is its not about pressure of pee or position, its all in my mind.

But yeah, I'll try leaning forward more. Thanks !

Edited by Kross

Go to a Festival

Get some ? ? ? ❄️??

Drink much Water 

Stand in Line

? I’ve hear this story heal multiple people. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

@Kross Yeah I too have this problem. It can be very frustrating in many situations from work to just going to party at friend's house. You can't enjoy yourself when your bladder is full and really hard to concentrate on important task when you need to. I've seen people who just do not going to pee all day long because of that (do not do this! It's a huge mistake and mockery on your body!)

You can try these tips that worked for me:

1) Go to the toilet saying to yourself "Okay, if I will not be able to take a piss now I can just always return here again later"

2) Distract yourself, think of something relaxing so that you just piss.

3) The longer you stay and do not pee the less the chance that you will be able to pee at all! Think less about standing like an idiot. See point 2.

Some advice expose yourself to such situations so that get used to it.

And find a friend that you fully trust and try to piss in his(or maybe even her) presence. Maybe that will help.

@pdude  Thanks !

35 minutes ago, pdude said:

@Kross Yeah I too have this problem. It can be very frustrating in many situations from work to just going to party at friend's house. You can't enjoy yourself when your bladder is full and really hard to concentrate on important task when you need to. 

Also, it gets weird when you go for your third or fourth attempt within 40-60 minutes and people start noticing. Sometimes when outside of home, it gets scary even to drink sufficient amount of water.

7 hours ago, Kross said:

I'm not talking about peeing in the open man, the problem is in stalls (closed spaces) and urinals too.

Okay... thats a problem... I dont know really know how to fix that. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

It's usually anxiety related. 

You need to be relaxed to be able to pee. 

The only real solution is to keep facing that situation, take your time, do some breathing technique or maths in your head so you can relax. 

Therapy makes this process easier. 

I used to have this problem exactly as you described. It went away with various consciousness work and meditation. I give way less of a fuck and take things less seriously, which allows that muscle to relax now when I need it to. Every once in blue moon I’ll have some difficulty but NEVER do I fail to go when I choose to anymore — it just might take 15 seconds to get started if someone is right next to me.