Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amandine

Reading a couple of interesting articles about Bentinho Massaro

16 posts in this topic

Found a couple of easy Summer reads for y'all.

"My journey into the dark, hypnotic world of a millennial guru"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/09/strange-hypnotic-world-millennial-guru-bentinho-massaro-youtube

and "Tech Bro Guru: Inside the Sedona Cult of Bentinho Massaro"

https://gurumag.com/tech-bro-guru-inside-the-sedona-cult-of-bentinho-massaro/

Be careful folk about putting guras gurus on pedastals.

Self-actualization is all very well but don't lose yourself in the process (even if losing one's Self seems to be the aim of this site lol). ;)

Enjoy. :D

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

Haha 

Totally agree with you. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Lol @ your smug attitude

You're the fool believing all these smear articles written by people who have no clue what reality is

I always have to LOL at people thinking enlightened people need to act or not act a certain way. Enjoy your silly belief systems and stay sleepin

Bentinho is an excellent teacher. And one of the most awake. One of the very few teachers besides Leo that talks about Absolute Infinity, maps and stages of enlightenment, reality being Imagined, Will, and endlessness of the Path, all this stuff. One might expect he did similar amounts of 5-MeO or even got there sober, who knows. Extremely nuanced and relative too, gives tons of practical life advice as well. Very based. 

Your “words of warnings” are cute but ironic.

Real words of warning: go to the source directly. Look at what is taught yourself. Make up your own mind.

Be careful of believing in underdeveloped clueless idiots and bad journalism. 

Which is easy to do btw. For all the hype about his money, he has the most free and in-depth online material out of any teacher out there, I all but guarantee it. An entire academy with like 8 courses covering everything, an 8 day free retreat, plus a youtube channel with hundreds of videos satsangs and seminars, and daily nuggets on his instagram.

By the way, he's not actually rich rich. Maybe a million, max, and a nice lifestyle from skilled networking and applied manifestation (which he teaches, FOR FREE.)

Do you know who is rich rich? 

Everyone's favorite soft spoken spirituality introduction guru Eckhart Tolle. A net worth of 70 million USD. Do you see people complaining about him?

But people can focus their vitriol on Bentinho because he wears suits, has sex from time to time, and enjoys cigars. Makes him an easy target for strawmanning of the stupidest degree. Lol.

Bentinho is actually precious because he's a young guy that understands today's online world and uses it appropriately to advance society, not some old boomer with one dusty website from 1980 and a few obscure books in the New Age section.

He's building systems and platforms to progressively wake society up, proactively, not passively like all these old boomer teachers. 

He already is and probably will end up a bigger boon to humanity than everyone here put together (excluding Leo).

Of course bad journalists and toxic egos - I believe we call them devils around here - backlash with their silly ideologies, selfish agendas and complete lack of understanding. A pity, but business as usual. 

Edited by Display_Name

There is a playlist with free online global sessions on enlightenment with bentinho massaro. I acctually listened to about 4 of them and internalized some stuff he was talking about... came to a conclusion that it is viable and can benefit you if you acctually practice them.

What is the problem with them being rich if they provide value to people. Should we stone Elon musk for making those flamethrower like thingies or invensting in projects that constantly fail, like hyperloop (which was such a failure and was advertised as already successfull) e.c.t. He could use that money to donate to charity? Almost like a same type of argument. Bentinho has provided value in my life i can very clearly say. He could be corroupt or whatever, that is a different story, if he is. He hasn't also done anything that hasn't been done before, so many people still have reverence for osho, hahaha, but what controversies did he have...

Ohh and sure the black and white cult/non-cult thing. As unnecessary as race in my opinion. You can be the runaway calling somebody cultists. But arent we in the cult of victimhood or "logic and reason or secularism".

I am not saying i am right about any of this. When people have something to live for, their dreams, desires, wealth, beauty, relationships, fame e.c.t., then they can afford to live how they know but when even some of that falls off, then they become religious and endorse cults (aka. seeking what works (and even if), because its not appearant what works.

In the end of the day, one way to see if something really is legitimate or not, is to test, not to seek entertainment in what somebody said about somebody. And of course, it can be there where you didn't expect it to be. Its almost a comical idea that you will get to the truth in "your expected way which is comfy and nice", but this scammer won't enrich me, because somebody said he is a scammer, or god forbid MULTIPLE people said he is. Then i would ask myself, am i interested in what is true or what works whatsoever.

Edited by Applegarden

13 minutes ago, Consept said:

@Display_Name was a genuine question, don't you ever consider why such information can get your heart racing a little? Happens to everyone 

Not necessarily :) No one was triggered. There was passion. It's fun. 

Don't you want to sometimes passionately discuss a topic (if personal will and agency were even a thing, which it isn't)? Play games? Relatively? Without attachment or absolute standpoint, but as just another experience of life to be expressed, explored, enjoyed?

It's hard to understand without some degree of awakening. Case study: those projecting and strawmanning articles. That are, of course, just as much beautiful parts of the game.

Edited by Display_Name

@Display_Name yeah I guess so, it just seemed as if you had an absolute standpoint. In the article, which I agree to some extent is a bit of hit piece, but even within that there can be truth. For example I think it is quite interesting that when gurus, esp younger gurus start going on quests of waking up the whole world or whatever it is, it never seems to come to anything best case or becomes manipulative and dangerous worst case. I wonder if this is just an unavoidable path once you mix Awakening, ego, ambition, success and youth together. Can a new wave teacher even avoid these traps?

These I think are relevant questions, I'm sure this guy provides a lot of value but it's also good to look at the other side of the equation and also realise that just because value is provided it doesn't mean he's then not able to let his ego get the best of him and become toxic, this could go for any guru, Leo included 

@Consept Sure, but I just wouldn’t subscribe more or less ego to him because we just don’t know. And it doesn’t even matter. Ego is just part of God’s expression. And the expression of Bentinho, as I see it, is not harming anyone, and helping a LOT of people wake up. 

It’s the same thing with conspiracy theorists ripping on Bill Gates. These guys are doing more for humanity than these haters will in 100 lifetimes.

@Display_Name yeah fair enough, to be honest I don't know too much about him so I can't really comment on how big his ego is. I do know that it can be a trap of younger, ambitious gurus though and I'm usually skeptical when they have overly ambitious ideas about waking everyone up, I just think it can be a minefield for things going wrong, esp when he's taking so many with him. But probably just a thing to go through for him, either it works and the world wakes up, which is good or it doesn't and he learns from it and helps some people along the way 

"Those outside Massaro's grip see a man who has lost control of himself. Cult expert Cathleen Mann has added Massaro to a list of potential dangers she's following."

When you've got a lot of clout
you must be careful what you spout
“Wake up to something important,” Massaro said. 
“Otherwise, kill yourself.” Now Brent is dead. O.o

RIP Brent ?Capture plein écran 22072020 101250.jpg

Here's his story:"Bentinho Massaro's Sedona Experiment: How the search for enlightenment led to a digital cult"

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-best-reads/2018/05/09/bentinho-massaro-sedona-experiment-how-search-enlightenment-led-digital-cult/487923002/ 

Massaro attacks his kitten

When Bentinho Massaro was a young boy, his parents brought home a kitten. The tiny animal was scared by strange people and new surroundings, so Bentinho clipped a leash to the kitten’s neck and led her around their Amsterdam home. He showed the kitten that her world was safe, that he could be trusted.

Massaro told the story in at least two videos: He and the animal  eased into each other. The kitten didn’t care about the twitches and outbursts that ensnared the young boy. She led where he followed. 

One day, as they sat in the backyard after another journey, young Bentinho felt an evil force take control of his body. He watched his hand pull tight on the leash and felt his arm swing the kitten into the air, throwing her into a prickly bush. Needles dragged across the kitten’s body as she squealed and squirmed away. Bentinho yanked again and again, swinging her back into the bush. Again. Again. He heard the kitten cry, felt the tears on his cheeks and fought against his body, trying to end his friend’s pain, but the spirits inside wouldn’t let go. 

Capture plein écran 22072020 212553.jpg

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

Couple of points for self-reference, nothing personal. It all comes down to brutal self-honesty, guided by your own intuitions, and based on your own goals.

Almost all the viral gurus new/old, doesn't matter, have been framed and allegations have been made.

Mooji also has been framed for being responsible in someones suicide.

Teal Swan is somebody who is called out into causing someones suicide.

Sadhguru is constantly having legal battles over his isha foundation settlements. He has some controversy over wether he can own a bike which he loves to ride, and that he built adi yogi statue on elephant corridor. And allegations of having multiple wives and being responsible for murdering his wife, while she left by falling into samadhi, and so many others.

Osho... you already know all you need to know about osho, if you watch a few docs about him.

Nithyanda has a false rape case aginst him, and allegations on child abuse in his gurukul and probably so many things over the years, many legal battles too probably.

Leo has got some fair controversy too. Youtubers talk about him about being a madman who talks nonsense, or being too liberal on drugs. If i correctly recall i saw @Amandine expressing some toughts on him too. 

Some of your todays gurus like rupert shpira, echkart tolle, you know, the good ones. xD Have ate meat and probably still are from time to time. Yeah if you are vaegue enough and passive enough then some people will accept you as your teacher, and others will be labeled cultusts.

However there really is a potential harm with cults, for sure.

And anyhow, gurus are not perfect people and life is wild and people will make mistakes...

So does that make their teachings more untrue? We are literally scraping by, maybe a thousand people in the world ate enlightened right now. So we don't have the perfect teacher. To even do that is harsh. Harsher and harder work than what the naysayers do together.

Peace.

We've discussed this issue and these articles a lot on this forum already. Search Bentinho's name on this forum and you'll find some deep discussions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.