Riblet Roblet

Something rather than nothing, infinity, love,hate

31 posts in this topic

Leo's latest video about Why something rather than nothing got my mind all twisted up. 

There is no distinction between nothing and something and there are no boundaries, everything is in perfect symmetry. Everything in infinite. Then why is the universe always describe as infinite love? Why not infinite hate? Is there no distinction between love and hate? I guess not since everything is nothing, you, me, god, universe, love, are all the same...nothing. But why then does no one talk about the universe as infinite hate? If everything is truly infinite and symmetrical, it should include everything right? Why then is god/the universe described as being infinite love? why not infinite hate too? why not infinite comedy? Or is that just it, there is no distinction or boundary between anything? everything is just nothing?

I'm confused but this topic is super interesting to think about reality in this way. Loved the video.

The term "love" is commonly conceived as describing inclusion, and "hate" describing exclusion. The universe being Infinite Love is perfect, because it has to "include" everything that exists. Infinite Love is absolute inclusivity: it includes absolutely everything. Remember that the common conception of love and hate are limited constructs. Infinite Love is unlimited.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

24 minutes ago, Riblet Roblet said:

Why not infinite hate?

What is hate? 

Opposite of love is not hate. Opposite of love is absence of love. Absence of love is fear. Fear gives rise to hate and other negative emotions.

Absence of love is illusion, therefore fear is an illusions and all other negative feelings are illusions.

The presence of infinite love doesn't resolve hate and negative emotions. Infinite love dissolves hate. Hate becomes Love.

To become aware of the fact that there is only Infinite Love, one must discover it for themselves. 

Hate is just a narrow form of love

You hate other countries out of love for your own country

You make fun of someone else's looks to feel better about your looks

etc.

Hate is what happens when you are only able to love certain parts of reality rather than the whole. So, it's a byproduct of fragmenting your love to only specific parts of reality.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

There is no such thing as absolute hate. Or hate with a capital H. While love has a greater form of absolute Love.

I think that's the distinction and why Leo doesn't use the phrase "infinite hate".

Hope this clears things up.

hrhrhtewgfegege

35 minutes ago, Riblet Roblet said:

Leo's latest video about Why something rather than nothing got my mind all twisted up. 

There is no distinction between nothing and something and there are no boundaries, everything is in perfect symmetry. Everything in infinite. Then why is the universe always describe as infinite love? Why not infinite hate? Is there no distinction between love and hate? I guess not since everything is nothing, you, me, god, universe, love, are all the same...nothing. But why then does no one talk about the universe as infinite hate? If everything is truly infinite and symmetrical, it should include everything right? Why then is god/the universe described as being infinite love? why not infinite hate too? why not infinite comedy? Or is that just it, there is no distinction or boundary between anything? everything is just nothing?

I'm confused but this topic is super interesting to think about reality in this way. Loved the video.

Love is an Absolute. Yet you are thinking of it dualistically, as though it has an opposite.

Absolute Love is simply the realization that there is literally no difference between any two things. When this is realized, Love becomes infinite and incorporates all possible opposites and dualities, leaving perfect Oneness.

This Oneness is Love. If you think about what Love actually means, it means an acceptance and embrace of a thing. So what would happen if you accepted, embraced, and fell in love with everything in the universe to equal degree, without any bias whatsoever? You'd get Absolute Love, or Oneness.

Absolute Love is so all-embracing that is embraces hate and love equally. Because it literally is incapable of distinguishing them. When you can't distinguish hate vs love or good vs evil, the result is not neutrality, the result is Absolute Love or Absolute Good. Love conquers hate and evil by fully embracing it and realizing it to be a sub-set of Love, and therefore identical to Love itself.

God literally cannot see bad or evil. So for God these things do not exist.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Can you function as a human being with Absolute Love? Isn't it required to make distinctions betweens things to survive or to do anything?

If I wanted to help earth by inventing technologies that would reduce human's carbon emissions. I need to learn lots of science. Am I forced to create a lack of love to do that (create distinctions and concepts related to what I'm learning) ?

Last time I directly experienced love, I was scared of losing effectiveness (I held back from it). It seems like I identify with being "sharp", which I would say for me is being good at creating accurate distinctions in the world and to not mix concepts together. Is this fear fully irrational, meaning that by accepting Absolute Love I wouldn't lose any of the "sharpness" or effectiveness at performing things that require accurate distinctions and conceptualizations?

Edited by 4201

18 minutes ago, 4201 said:

@Leo Gura Can you function as a human being with Absolute Love? Isn't it required to make distinctions betweens things to survive or to do anything?

If I wanted to help earth by inventing technologies that would reduce human's carbon emissions. I need to learn lots of science. Am I forced to create a lack of love to do that (create distinctions and concepts related to what I'm learning) ?

Last time I directly experienced love, I was scared of losing effectiveness (I held back from it). It seems like I identify with being "sharp", which I would say for me is being good at creating accurate distinctions in the world and to not mix concepts together. Is this fear fully irrational, meaning that by accepting Absolute Love I wouldn't lose any of the "sharpness" or effectiveness at performing things that require accurate distinctions and conceptualizations?

Absolute Love is formless. It's Nothingness. So long as you are experiencing existence as a limited form, you have to be involved in the survival game. Now you can survive consciously or unconsciously. But, it doesn't matter whether you choose conscious or unconscious survival, it always comes at a cost. 

2 hours ago, 4201 said:

@Leo Gura Can you function as a human being with Absolute Love? 

Not fully.

But you can increase your love and consciousness.

To a degree, yes.

Last time I directly experienced love, I was scared of losing effectiveness (I held back from it).

You can lose effectiveness but you can also gain it.

It seems like I identify with being "sharp", which I would say for me is being good at creating accurate distinctions in the world and to not mix concepts together.

You can be conscious and loving and still form distinctions. You can be even better at forming distinctions than you currently are.

Is this fear fully irrational

All fear is illusion, but if you care about survival then some fears are necessary.

- - - - -

The bottom line is, you should seek to become more conscious and loving up to the point of it killing you, but not step over that line (unless you want Infinite Love Forever).

why not infinite hate too? why not infinite comedy?

----> these do exist but within the overarching absolute love and creation

there is no distinction or boundary between anything

----> polarities and dualities exist, although at some point they all intersect and the boundaries mesh. I like to view it as a spectrum or gradient that has an infinite number of colors inside of it. Its just they fade into eachother, without there being a solid blundary. And everything does this. Everything fades together. Like all of the colors come together to make an overarching and complete color that includes everything. 

I also like to think about it like you can view the earth from close up and see trees and rivers, but upon zooming out you will see more and more space and stars, until at some point, the earth fades into everything and becomes nothing.  But both reference angles exist. And the earth is still there, just seemingly invisible. Its just about your reference angle.

Can you function as a human being with Absolute Love? Isn't it required to make distinctions betweens things to survive or to do anything

----> you will still have your mind and ego until you die. You will still exist within the bandwidth of dualities and survival. Its just that it will be transcendent and integrated, and you won't be limited by yourself. You will always need to survive, yes you are an individual, yes you are a person, but the individual you exists within the oneness. You are a self experiencing dualities, but within a nondual universe. YOU exist. 

Genesis 27:27-29

@DreamScape I would rather take the infinite orgasm. That sounds like the greatest thing that could possibly exist. I wish you the best thing that could exist in the universe too. Hopefully infinite comedy is thrown into that mix too and all of the other Joy that is existant on this world. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

1 hour ago, diamondpenguin said:

the greatest thing that could possibly exist

Is the sum total of all things ;)

It can be recognized although everything is perfect whole and complete... because it's what is and isn't..

Why not make the world a better place? it's complete freedom.

The body is capable of all kinds of things it can learn how to reduce carbon emissions, operate heavy machinery in the Navy.

It will turn its head if it's name is called and jump out of the way of a moving train and prefer coffee over tea.

The sense of self takes ownership of everything that's happening creating an illusory duality and creates a feeling of separation and lack ... it feels that something is missing..

This illusory lack is a trick to keep itself alive. See as long as you believe there is someone seeking and there is something to find, it perpetuates its own illusory existence.( running on the hamster wheel endlessly for no one to find nothing) 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

4 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

@DreamScape I would rather take the infinite orgasm. That sounds like the greatest thing that could possibly exist. I wish you the best thing that could exist in the universe too. Hopefully infinite comedy is thrown into that mix too and all of the other Joy that is existant on this world. 

Orgasm is merely a heroin addiction.     Nature floods the system with dopamine for several seconds at the point of orgasm.
It feels good. So animals, humans included pursue this 
and the feeling  leads to procreation of the species 

Leo Gura said:
If you think about what Love actually means, it means an acceptance and embrace of a thing. So what would happen if you accepted, embraced, and fell in love with everything in the universe to equal degree, without any bias whatsoever? You'd get Absolute Love, or Oneness.

There is a great freedom there.  As you say we are God (you are God as you put it )  
And as God we can do anything we want to
and it wouldn't be bad or evil because for God, 
bad and evil do not exist 

Edited by Nak Khid

11 hours ago, Riblet Roblet said:

When I’m confused about a topic, one thing I‘ve found helpful is to get grounded with an easier related topic I can get a handle on. For example, if I am confused about Absolute Love, I may try to get grounded in Absolute Perfection. I can observe around me that everything Now is Perfect as it is. If my mind gets confused on this and asks “Why call it Absolute Perfection? Why not Absolute Imperfection?”. . . Rather than immersing into rational confusion, I may try to get grounded in something easier to get a handle on. For example, I can look around me Here and Now and observe Absolute ISness. Everything is obviously Absolute ISness. It makes now sense for my mind to think “Why don’t we call everything around me Here and Now Absolute Not-ISness?” This doesn’t make sense and it’s easy for my mind to get grounded in the actuality of Absolute ISness. That grounding can provide a foundation to get a new perspective. My mind may realize “Ahhhh, yes everything Here and Now is Absolute Perfection!!”. 

This is a method that is helpful for my mind to work through certain things. Other minds may be structured differently. 

12 hours ago, Riblet Roblet said:

Oh yes, infinity is infinite in all directions,  or it wouldn't be infinite.  

Being itself however is a baseline love which doesn't have an opposite - there can never be infinite non-being as being is the default state..

But Infinite hate, laziness and all that stuff we deem negative must exist. All are aspects of God, even if we label them negatively. Infinity doesn't only include the positive numbers. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

18 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Oh yes, infinity is infinite in all directions,  or it wouldn't be infinite.  

Being itself however is a baseline love which doesn't have an opposite - there can never be infinite non-being as being is the default state..

But Infinite hate, laziness and all that stuff we deem negative must exist. All are aspects of God, even if we label them negatively. Infinity doesn't only include the positive numbers. 

Infinite love can't exist if there is any space being occupied by hate 

So assuming infinite love exists than it includes everything.  "negative" has no meaning, whatever you feel or do is a form of love
You just don't have the realization high enough to understand it 

this is the concept put forth 

Edited by Nak Khid

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

___________________________________________________________________________________
You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

14 minutes ago, Member said:

What about infinite hate and egoism?

same thing, bad or evil, hate and egoism

to God ( us), these things do not exist. Only love exists 

Love thy enemy, etc 

Edited by Nak Khid