Leo Gura

RIP Michael Brooks of The Majority Report

69 posts in this topic

Haven't come about in reading his book yet feel after shock from the news a need to do so to honour his passing and help his loved ones in atleast in this miniscule way. 

When a titan in a surge at his zenith passes, that has impacted thousands in a unique and a new high conscious way you feel for a moment like you and the world lost a part of yourself that you are called to retrieve. 

https://jacobinmag.com/2020/07/remembering-our-friend-and-comrade-michael-brooks

Great détails about the scale of his presence and it's potential to grow and reach even more here. 

Bhaskar Sunkara, Jacobin editor:

"I asked him why he still wanted to go forward and his answer was simple: he wanted to help build institutions that would last."

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

Rip Michael Brooks, He was such a progressive political commentator. Really a complex thinker.

7 hours ago, Forestluv said:

So sudden and sad. This was his last live stream. It was on Integral Theory ? 

I thought about reaching out to him to discuss Spiral Dynamics after watching that this weekend.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

I thought about reaching out to him to discuss Spiral Dynamics after watching that this weekend.

Damn man. That so sad. He was definitely moving to stage yellow.

13 minutes ago, Kailash Bhattarai said:

Damn man. That so sad. He was definitely moving to stage yellow.

I'm still thinking of reaching out to Sam. Not sure how receptive he will be to it.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm still thinking of reaching out to Sam. Not sure how receptive he will be to it.

I guess he might be really receptive. But I guess this is not a good time right now. I am hoping to see you collaborating in a few months though. I watch kyle's show the most. But he seems to be so inflexible in terms of his ideology, and I don't like it when he demonizes other perspective. But Sam and David Pakman in my view, are the most suitable commentators for you to have a discussion with.  Looking forward to it.

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I haven't seen any political commentator that is there yet.  If they were they would not be commentating or talking about news or politics anymore.  Russell Brand was doing Trews then evolved out of it because he's dynamic and gifted enough to adapt.

Pakman? the dude is still orange and green

Edited by Tanz

@Leo Gura You absolutely should, worst case scenario Sam considers you a weird new age weirdo and forgets about you, best case scenario he takes on Integral Theory, Spiral Dynamics etc on board and helps create Yellow-tier discourse in the American political scene.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

Whos gonna step up and make political YellowTube! ???

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Apparently Michael co-wrote a book on meditation? I knew he was into meditation but that’s pretty cool. I can definitely see how he would’ve been gravitating to Yellow in some ways 

3 hours ago, Joel3102 said:

Apparently Michael co-wrote a book on meditation? I knew he was into meditation but that’s pretty cool. I can definitely see how he would’ve been gravitating to Yellow in some ways 

He did silent retreats.

Man, I have genuinely been feeling shit about this all day. Never had this for someone I've never met before, strange.

Edited by Joel3102

Michael brooks was not only one of the highly conscious political commentator he was also one of the most funniest one. It such a tragedy. BTW i always enjoy rubin being domolished.

Edited by Kailash Bhattarai

Rip man

i think it’s possible that Mike had a beginner yellow understanding about politics, definitely the most developed person I’ve heard talk about them since leo and maybe a bit of ken Wilber.

i think he wanted to emulate and look up to Lula from Brazil which may be the most developed politician in the world. Not surprise.

we need more people like mike brooks in the world.

loved his bit on the majority report when he was talking about the Bernie rally at the church with killer mike. I’ll link the video.

rest in power ??

@Tanz Not sure I agree that Pakman is stage orange, I think of all progressive commentators he might be the best. Well him and Kulinski are my favorites anyway. I think Pakman is brilliant and I actually learn stuff from him all the time, unlike Sam who pretty much offers little except making fun of various people. 

23 minutes ago, GroovyGuru said:

@Tanz Not sure I agree that Pakman is stage orange, I think of all progressive commentators he might be the best. Well him and Kulinski are my favorites anyway. I think Pakman is brilliant and I actually learn stuff from him all the time, unlike Sam who pretty much offers little except making fun of various people. 

I think most of these Leftie hosts are orange/GREEN/ maybe a tiny bit of yellow, but since we dont know them personally its hard to tell

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 hours ago, GroovyGuru said:

He's done videos on pseudoscience and operates very much from western "evidence" based things.  He's about 1 or 2 notches below Sam Harris.  I like Kyle but even then I wouldn't recommend Leo to do anything with him.  

Edited by Tanz