LaucherJunge

Is Biden really leading?

73 posts in this topic

@Forestluv  Would it be beneficial for his reelection, if they use the attacking of bloodthirsty anarchist rioters & blaming of marxist dems to distract for as long as possible from the mismanagement of the corona crisis? Like using every occurance (or intentionally created ones) as steppingstones to distract?

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

16 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Forestluv  Would it be beneficial for his reelection, if they use the attacking of bloodthirsty anarchist rioters & blaming of marxist dems to distract for as long as possible from the mismanagement of the corona crisis? Like using every occurance (or intentionally created ones) as steppingstones to distract?

That's the idea, but it won't work.  People aren't convinced.

25 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Forestluv  Would it be beneficial for his reelection, if they use the attacking of bloodlusty anarchist rioters & blaming of marxist dems to distract for as long as possible from the mismanagement of the corona crisis? Like using every occurance (or intentionally created ones) as steppingstones to distract?

That is one strategy. I suppose it’s possible to pull off. They can try to portray all the protests as “bloodlusty anarchist rioters” that threaten our American way of life. And Trump is the strong “Law and Order” president to defend them. This works to an extent. About 38% of the population believes this.

The strategic mistake I think Trump is making is that he wants to divide the country into two groups and his group is the smaller group. His escalations will work to excite his base, yet I don’t think he will be able to attract regular, moderate Americans. This is the group he is losing from 2016.

Average Americans are not buying the narrative that all protestors and the entire blm movement are “bloodlusty anarchist rioters”. I think a better strategy would be for Trump to acknowledge that there are some peaceful protestors, they have a right to peacefully protest and that he respects that right. He could stress that there are also a lot of violent protestors and he doesn’t want things to get out of hand. I think this approach would look more sane to average Americans.

The question of whether he can effectively distract attention away from his coronavirus mismanagement depends on whether people see the protestors as mostly violent and a serious threat - a threat more serious than the coronavirus threat. If suburban women are scared that some terrorist group called antifa may actually enter their community, they may overlook the mismanagement of the coronavirus. However, if most people see the protestors as mostly peaceful with some vandals spray painting confederate statues, they will get very irritated that Trump is focusing on this rather than the coronavirus crisis. So far, it looks like Trump is losing this narrative battle.

With this strategy, Trump needs to escalate and provoke protestor violence. A couple months ago, Portland was having large protests with considerable vandalism. Then the protests fizzled out. A couple weeks ago, the protests were down to a couple dozen protestors. There was no need for Trump to send in a federal militia. When the federal militia entered and started tear gassing, beating and kidnapping regular people, it inflamed the situation and re-escalated. The protests went from a few dozen people to tens of thousands of people again. . . . Yet can Trump sell it as violent rioters in Portland to win suburban votes in Iowa and Ohio? To me, that is a big gamble. Especially when people are more concerned about losing their jobs and school closures in the coronavirus crisis. As well, I think a lot of people are getting tired of Trump’s con artist games. 

19 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

That is one strategy. I suppose it’s possible to pull off. They can try to portray all the protests as “bloodlusty anarchist rioters” that threaten our American way of life. And Trump is the strong “Law and Order” president to defend them. This works to an extent. About 38% of the population believes this.

Trump “In Chicago, 68 people were shot and 18 died last week. We’re not going to put up with that.”

“We have other cities that are out of control, they’re like war zones. And if the city isn’t going to straighten it out, if local politicians or in this case, let’s say this for political reasons, they’re all Democrats. They’re liberal left-wing Democrats. And it’s almost like they think this is going to be this way forever.”

4 hours ago, Forestluv said:

As well, I think a lot of people are getting tired of Trump’s con artist games. 

What I’m very tired of is Trump’s chaos. The constant fighting, insulting, name calling. It’s exhausting to live like that. 
One of Obama’s best qualities is that he used to make people very calm. I don’t think he was ALL THAT but him and Michelle were very comforting people. They gave people hope and make you feel tranquil. 
i think people want to go back to dignity and harmony. No more name calling. No More degrading your fellow humans. No more violence. 

You need to be really F-ing stupid to go to a protest while pregnant.

13 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

An obvious observation.  Thanks for putting it out there.  I didn't have the courage to do so, for fear of being called insensitive or something .  This is showing me to continue to work on my-Self.  Love you all.

On 7/24/2020 at 2:54 AM, Arcangelo said:

The protests during the day are totally peaceful. It is appropriate for all people to attend: children, pregnant women etc. Just as it’s appropriate to go to a city park. It’s an abuse of power to evoke violence against peaceful protests. That is the bigger problem, wether it is safe for peaceful people to be in their own community. I went to a peaceful protest today and there were children and  women just as there should be. 

On 7/21/2020 at 9:28 PM, jennjenn00 said:

What I’m very tired of is Trump’s chaos. The constant fighting, insulting, name calling. It’s exhausting to live like that. 
One of Obama’s best qualities is that he used to make people very calm. I don’t think he was ALL THAT but him and Michelle were very comforting people. They gave people hope and make you feel tranquil. 
i think people want to go back to dignity and harmony. No more name calling. No More degrading your fellow humans. No more violence. 

I think a lot of people feel the same and want a return to normalcy. It seems that’s why vanilla Biden is doing so well. 

@Bodigger

Tonight hundreds of United States veterans came to Portland to peacefully protest. One of those men was Mike Hastie. He was born in 1945 and served our country in the Vietnam War. He introduced himself to the federal militia as a veteran and spoke of his experience in Vietnam. A federal militia man pepper sprayed Mike from six inches directly into his eyes and left him to suffer. Mike was in agony for an hour before someone in the community was able to help him with cleansing spray.

An unarmed 75 year old Vietnam veteran.

This is not right. It’s gut-wrenching.

@Forestluv
What exactly do single decisions like pepper spraying someone have to do with Trump first of all, that is on the specific units or persons conscience. You should be glad that there is someone not letting the riots get completely out of control and again these are literally riots not peaceful protest, repeat it over and over again that these are peaceful protests doesn't change the fact that there are people who don't give a crap about what some of these peaceful protesters might be saying.
You are simply trying to build a picture that fits your narrative and I'm not really seeing your usual nuanced view of things.

@LaucherJunge My comments were to a forum member that I consider to be open-minded. I don’t consider you to be open-minded.

29 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

Interesting analysis. In particular his system would have predicted a Trump victory in April. It was the events since April that will doom him.