Leo Gura

Culture Openmindedness Mega-Thread

55 posts in this topic

Trappers in Russia considered the happiest people in the world who live disconnected living off the land - making their own houses, canoes, and other essentials to survive

Edited by andyjohnsonman

Idk if it's real or fake but this type of tradition is widely spread over in indian villages (mostly backward class and Orthodox), where the locals explain it that this happens when some particular goddess enters into a human body.

I think that the music playing in the back stimulate some sort of trance state cuz it some what sounds like shamanic drum music. And this is called "mata aana" in hindi language just in case if you want to see more videos on yt.

Let me know what you think about it.

Edited by Madhur

Song from a classic Bollywood film

A more recent song from the Bollywood film Bajirao Mastani (depicting the time of the Mughal Empire but very beautiful)

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

I came across this channel a few months ago, Pakistani tribal people trying out Western foods/activities xD (hear their opinions on these things compared to what they're used to) 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Dhaka, the capital city of Bangladesh with over 1 million bike rickshaws.

These hard working drivers make about 5$/day.

I visited this country a couple of years ago and the people there are some of the most genuine and friendly I have ever met.

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

@Leo Gura Have you ever thought about visiting middle eastern countries for experiencing diverse cultures? It's a total cultural shock and good too.

I chose to no longer be a member of this forum.

This Is GREAT!   So great to be able to explore and travel from home :) 

Thanks.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

The Cobra Gypsies:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The Secret World Of Geisha:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Sex in Japan: Dying for Company

Day in the Life of Japanese Mom and Baby in Tokyo

Day in the Life of a Japanese Office Worker in Tokyo

Edited by Pallero

It's super interesting to look at footages of different cultures at the beginning of the last century and compare them to now.

Edited by Raphael

https://9gag.com/gag/aLwdqdv

Meet India’s tallest Elephant- 56 years old Thechikkottukavu Ramachandran. He is fondly known among elephant lovers as Raman & enjoys a huge fan following across Kerala. He opens the door of the Vadakkumnathan Temple for poora vilambaram for Thrissur pooram festival.

I haven't read all of the posts here (vision injury) so please pardon me if this has been said already... I adore this idea... truly.... but with all of the tension at present...  when we have attempted to do this, it's often misinterpreted as systemic racism. For example we recieved huge backlash for accidentally playing Brazilan music on Indiginous day at an anti-racism rally (I did not host or arrange the rally only played a small musical part with a band). We've started a new music project in my community where we have people from all cultures involved and sharing that diversity... but I am a little concerned about how we may be recived by the anti-systemic-racism folks, eventhough all cultures enjoy sharing there unique musical styles, instruments, etc... Currently,  there appears to be a big push to ignore cultural differences and view all humans as "the same" with no cultural identification... I try so hard to be PC but it seems to change faster than I can keep up with... to me, difference and uniqueness are beauty ... I'm not into "vanilla" western either... My personal cultural genetics includes: Ukranian, Spanish, English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and Austrian yet I was raised in mostly vanilla-western with the exceptions of music and dance. I've edited this twice; please be kind; if I have accidentally offended anyone that was *not* my intention. Anything "cultural" can be precarious right now and I am admitedly floundering to find my way with my desire to appriciate diversity. My mom did Morris dancing (not with a painted face), and it was her culture/ one of many types of dancing she did, that said, the painted faces can REALLY offend people who believe it is racially motivated, rather than to look like chimney sweeps.

Edited by Epiphany_Inspired