ZZZZ

Is the act of "not-knowing" tied to nothingness?

11 posts in this topic

Leo's latest video has helped me connect some dots, and I'm finally understanding the nothing-infinity paradox a lot better. I've also been integrating concepts such as Ralston's "not-knowing," and it appears as though the act of not-knowing is what reveals the nothingness of everything. Is this off base, or am I onto something here? 

I have also struggled to experience the interconnectedness of all things in the past, and I am wondering if it is this nothingness that equates all "things."

And where does "consciousness" tie into this? My concept of consciousness disappears when I am not-knowing.

Knowing is a function of the mind. When you stop it, you're just left with Being or non-symbolic consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Knowing is a function of the mind. When you stop it, you're just left with Being or non-symbolic consciousness.

For me the state of non-symbolic consciousness is when all duality is removed, and the only proper descriptor for everything becomes nothing. Is a state of Being a prerequisite for experiencing nothingness? All of these different concepts I've learned have suddenly intertwined.

1 minute ago, ZZZZ said:

For me the state of non-symbolic consciousness is when all duality is removed, and the only proper descriptor for everything becomes nothing. Is a state of Being a prerequisite for experiencing nothingness? All of these different concepts I've learned have suddenly intertwined.

Yes they are intertwined but one is not necessarily a prerequisite for the other.  You could say everyones path is a little different, and with that ones language, interpretation, description, connections made, sequences of events that seemed to happen, all are a little different and some the same.  In the end, one hopefully realizes that its ALL always been perfectly in order, perfectly whole, and not a bit of negative intention behind it all.

10 minutes ago, ZZZZ said:

Is a state of Being a prerequisite for experiencing nothingness?

Being = non-symbolic state of consciousness.

It's not strictly a prerequisite but it sure helps.

With a psychedelic you can be conscious of Nothingness while also thinking and using the mind. But sober, it helps to silence the mind in order the realize Nothingness. Although later you will realize that mind itself is Nothingness, and so having thoughts is not really any different than Being or Nothingness. But this is an advanced stage one has to reach through lots of awakenings.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Yes they are intertwined but one is not necessarily a prerequisite for the other.  You could say everyones path is a little different, and with that ones language, interpretation, description, connections made, sequences of events that seemed to happen, all are a little different and some the same.  In the end, one hopefully realizes that its ALL always been perfectly in order, perfectly whole, and not a bit of negative intention behind it all.

That makes sense, thank you.

@Leo Gura interesting. And so the journey continues.

Edited by ZZZZ

Relating to consciousness.... Nothing in your direct experience can be self aware... But yet YOU are aware that YOU are aware.... you label that “I”....

Thats insane in a good way.... haha

Is the act of "not-knowing" tied to nothingness?

I don't know 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Being = non-symbolic state of consciousness.

It's not strictly a prerequisite but it sure helps.

With a psychedelic you can be conscious of Nothingness while also thinking and using the mind. But sober, it helps to silence the mind in order the realize Nothingness. Although later you will realize that mind itself is Nothingness, and so having thoughts is not really any different than Being or Nothingness. But this is an advanced stage one has to reach through lots of awakenings.

Yeaa :) finally :) no mind, no states. Home :) 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

15 hours ago, James123 said:

Yeaa :) finally :) no mind, no states. Home :) 

are you finally in "home, sweet home" @James123 ?

21 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

are you finally in "home, sweet home" @James123 ?

Yes. But truth is leaving is an illusion. It is me. Never begin and will never end. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."