Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Light Lover

Most Inspiring Meeting?

4 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone!  The other day I had a great idea for a post to put on here. I wanted people on here to share their most inspiring interaction they have had with someone (famous or not) they have had in life so far! I will post mine for example to get things warmed up. You are free to post as many as you want of course but best to keep it to 3 at the maximum otherwise this post could get off topic. Please only post interactions you have had with people, not experiences by yourself. 

Most inspiring meeting I have ever had: When I met former Business Secretary of State Vince cable when I was about 15 or so at a Liberal Democrat gathering in England. He is just an incredible example of a man we should all strive to follow. He listens to you very carefully and without judgement, very down to earth and easy to talk to, he possesses a sense of rationality balanced with compassion and just generally gave off such a memorable and strong aura! I could never forget it, one of the few people I could call 'sir' and actually feel like he deserved the title. I only got to speak to him briefly but I could honestly listen to him all day, it's people like him that remind me that I will always be a Lib Dem, until the grave.

I met a German guy on my trip to Europe not long ago. Very much like the man you met, he looked you in the eye and listened very carefully and didn't judge at all. He was into meditation, yoga and basically self-actualization work. We talked for hours and then we parted ways, got his number and we still keep in touch. 

It was the only time in my life I've been able to talk to someone about deep self-development and spirituality stuff in person, I'll never forget it, got very inspired after that meeting. 

It's a big shame you don't get to meet people like that, especially where I live (Colombia), almost nobody is into this work (I have yet to meet the first one). 

Does anyone have anything else to contribute to this, I'm sure people must have?