Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rasheed

Counter-Intuitive Nature Of Life: “Hard” Work Is Actually Easy Work

10 posts in this topic

This may sound at first glance stupid, but in my opinion, hard work is actually easy work. By saying hard work, I do not mean hustle; no sleep team; action over anything;, I mean: Taking right step, both mentally and physically. Doing self-actualization work for example. When it’s time to practice, practice. When it’s time to sleep, sleep. Etc...

By saying, hard work is easy work, I mean: Doing the things you know in your heart is right. You can feel resistance but afterwards, you will get into the flow. You will get that acquired taste. You will feel the joy, which is hard to describe but you know what I mean. Easy self-discipline, trait of Maslow’s self-actualized individual. 

Exact opposite is person who always takes easy road; easy way out. This person, when it’s time to practice, sleeps. When it’s time to sleep, does something else. This person by ignorance, thought he took the easy path with least resistance, but he made a mistake, he took the hard one, with the most friction. 

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

It's true, nice insight. 

There's the saying : “The pain that's created by avoiding hard work is actually much worse than any pain created from the actual work itself". 

Very hard to embody though :D

@Sleyker Very good saying. Thanks for sharing. 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

On 7/20/2020 at 1:25 AM, Sleyker said:

It's true, nice insight. 

There's the saying : “The pain that's created by avoiding hard work is actually much worse than any pain created from the actual work itself". 

Very hard to embody though :D

That saying is very wise. Thanks to therapy I’ve recently crawled out of years of painful procrastination and I can say that doing the work is actually far less painful than procrastinating. 

@Rasheed thank you. very well put.

May I ask where did you hear these from or did you come up with these yourself?

Edited by hyruga

45 minutes ago, Consciousone35 said:

That saying is very wise. Thanks to therapy I’ve recently crawled out of years of painful procrastination and I can say that doing the work is actually far less painful than procrastinating. 

How did therapy help you with procrastination? 

I think most people are ashamed by their procrastination and don't talk about it. Sharing and making other people a witness of your procrastination is key I think. 

In Tate we trust

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

How did therapy help you with procrastination? 

I think most people are ashamed by their procrastination and don't talk about it. Sharing and making other people a witness of your procrastination is key I think. 

It boils down to your beliefs or your confidence. If you know you can do a great job, you will not hesitate to do it.

@hyruga I was un-disciplined for couple days, and I felt suffering because of it. Took the easy road, and it was not easy. Now, I am back way I want to be and I feel great. Took the hard road: I am feeling the feeling of wish fulfilled, like Neville Goddard would say. After that, I wrote this. 

Of course, I also read and heard self-help teachers talk about this. For example Leo, in his videos about life advice for young people and also, his speech about building a passionate life. Also, others too.

Edited by Rasheed