Tanster

What are the ways of raising of schools to SD green and above?

45 posts in this topic

Some people now think that going to school is amazing after being stuck at home for so long, but it's also correct to some extent to say that school keeps you away from learning. I can see it in myself and my friends, that we have so much time to do our own projects and learn that way, me and my friends have started a language teaching business with facebooks ads, we already have like 30 clients, my other friend learnt how to edit videos and audio recordings, plus many things about graphic design, there is so much more time to go on spiritual retreats, yoga classes, for doing sports, reading books, I mean, you can do that normally too, it's just that you have half the time and energy for it. I am seriously thinking about taking a gap year at 17, since I am already accepted to a school.

Invest more in teachers. Pay them much more, educate them better and give them much more freedom to teach as they see fit. The things I remember the most from school were the things my teachers taught me because they were passionate about them themselves.

Also Seth Godin's Stop Stealing Dreams is free to read online, it's excellent.  https://seths.blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/stop-stealing-dreams6print.pdf

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@modmyth  It helps me with teaching online because people sometimes think I might have some sort of qualification to be a teacher, even though I do not, so they trust me more xD 

@mandyjw  Thanks for sharing.