RedLine

How do enlightened people perceive thoughts/mental noise?

88 posts in this topic

Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom... nom nom nom... mmmmmh, anybody else want some of this?

51uC4QPd5gL._AC_.jpg

No offense guys, but there is nothing that's more inadvertently entertaining than a bunch of awakened fellows bickering over who is more awakened. -- Well, almost nothing! :P

Why so serious?

On 19/7/2020 at 1:18 AM, ivankiss said:

@RedLine Thoughts become significantly less dense. Even when they're there - they are not loud or distracting. It's like they're running somewhere distant - 'in the background'.

There is awareness over them - like anything else. And that awareness 'decides' which thoughts require attention - if any.

In the state of an empty mind - when no thought arises; full immersion in pure presence/beingness becomes that much more delicious. Everything slows down and shines bright. Pure Light and Love.

@ivankiss Thank you. This is the kind of answer I was looking for.

So would you say you control your thoughts (you decide to create them or not, so you can choose be in the state of empy mind or no)? or it is more like you are just aware of the thoughts and the state of empty mind just happens once in a while without you choosing it?

Edited by RedLine

On 7/19/2020 at 10:27 AM, James123 said:
On 7/19/2020 at 10:02 AM, Member said:

:) ? this is exactly what happens when you are awake (i dont know who is this guy).

Maybe I'm the only one old enough to know this is Charles Mansion the cult leader whose followers committed a series of murders on his command. He served a life sentence and died in prison. So. Thats who this guy is. 

Ok, carry on...

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

On 2020-07-19 at 7:26 PM, ivankiss said:

Correct. But you are dreaming thus there is a process.

I can do this forever, bro. - if ya ever wanna dance again.

You know why? Because I am genuinely enjoying it. I am passionate about speaking Truth. Love cannot exhaust itself.

Thanks for allowing me to practice my spiritual kung fu moves. 

Clearly Bruce lee resurrected. :ph34r::P

Edited by WelcometoReality

10 hours ago, RedLine said:

@ivankiss Thank you. This is the kind of answer I was looking for.

So would you say you control your thoughts (you decide to create them or not, so you can choose be in the state of empy mind or no)? or it is more like you are just aware of the thoughts and the state of empty mind just happens once in a while without you choosing it?

You're welcome. I'm glad that helps.

There is no control in that sense. It's similar to when you're reading the daily newspapers. You can choose what you wanna read. And you can read silently, aloud or simply put the newspapers away and gaze at the sunlight.

A direct way to an empty mind is consistent, undisturbed conscious breathing. And that's always 'an option'. 

Edited by ivankiss