OmniYoga

Healing & Trauma

8 posts in this topic

I 'am wondering how high those 2 should be on priorities list,
Leo said in Life advice 2 that it's quite important, 
but does it make any sense to dive deep on it before career success and finnancial stability/freedom ?

I see the parttern that many ppl after incial success that give them fincail freedom do that, but maybe cuz they don't have better things to at that point with all their resources, and it looks like uncharted territory - a rabbit hole, pandora box

also as far as I know there is no such category in the Leo's Book List - dunno why

Edited by OmniYoga

Yea healing is absolutely important. 

Without it, whatever success you have won't really make you happy. 

Deep inside issues like trauma always stick out like a thorn. 

There's not much correlation between success and happiness, but there's a much stronger correlation between happiness and mental health. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I started working on my own trauma once I got away from my family and went into college. It's been a long ongoing process, however, and one that I was only able to really start focussing on once my education was complete and I was reasonably secure in my profession.

I realize today that it's such a tricky topic,

cuz the easier way to sell something is convice people that there is something worng with them, and marketrs are perfectly aware of that fact,
ego always looking for wholness outside

"you're piece of shit - you need to fix - here is my shitty product solution - that won't help you anyways" - this such a huge problem of self-help industry

How would we know we're not your self crying you to pay attention to it? right X'D

Personally... Ideally I would do lots of this every day, it's actually ultra fulfilling and it can give you ecstasy, joy, and awareness that is out of a psychedelic state, but much more real. I did part of the 12-step program they give to addicts and it was a hard but amazing experience. 

It also frees you from crutches that you tend to go to. Any addictions. You suddenly realize you don't want it as much. You know the whole no-fap ordeal, relapse and hell and all of that. I highly recommend finding a framework and doing heavy emotional work, it passes the time in a way that feels like you're not just waiting for hell to be over, and it literally frees you from the shit you're craving!

Edited by TripleFly

On 18/07/2020 at 5:04 AM, OmniYoga said:

I 'am wondering how high those 2 should be on priorities list,
Leo said in Life advice 2 that it's quite important, 
but does it make any sense to dive deep on it before career success and finnancial stability/freedom ?

I see the parttern that many ppl after incial success that give them fincail freedom do that, but maybe cuz they don't have better things to at that point with all their resources, and it looks like uncharted territory - a rabbit hole, pandora box

also as far as I know there is no such category in the Leo's Book List - dunno why

I believe both healing and financial freedom should be done simultaneously. 

Healing takes time. If all you do is heal and if you're heavily traumatized-healing could take a couple of years. And it won't help if you're broke. Having less money would probably add to your mental strain. 

However, if you only chase success and financial freedom, you'd be left feeling empty. 

They say money can't by you happiness. But I say, while the phrase is true-money can buy you a therapist and that can lead to happiness. 

@Setzer901 

yeah don't listen to what they preach, and just look at their behavior (deeply self - deluded and hypocrites)- they usually are strongly focused on making more money,
aslo if you ask them to give it back to you if that doesn't make them happy - which totality rational and logical
what do you thinkg is going to happen ?

money is just a toll, and just reflects the ego
if you know how to be happy already, you will find more ways to enjoyment
and vice versa if you live in a scared state, now you have more to be scared of

Healing trauma is very important. I recommend seeing a licensed therapist, did wonders for me