Rasheed

From Leo’s blog about homeless perspective, I researched prostitutes perspective

175 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

My grandma gave my brother money when he was like 17-18 to go to brothel. I did not ask my bro about it. My grandma told me. 
How can conscious politics handle this problem?

probably, at first raising awareness about it, because in culture, this is like taboo.

what cultural background are you from?

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

5 minutes ago, Moon said:

what cultural background are you from?

I am in North Carolina. You can see it on my actualized.org profile. But grandma is not from Russia but fan of it, and in Russia, I don’t know this for a fact, but my grandma told me that Russian empire times when they had a king, they had like a law, where all men of age 18, go to brothel...

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

14 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

I am in North Carolina. You can see it on my actualized.org profile. But grandma is not from Russia but fan of it, and in Russia, I don’t know this for a fact, but my grandma told me that Russian empire times when they had a king, they had like a law, where all men of age 18, go to brothel...

loool damn no wonder, I know someone from Azerbaijan who has the same mindset as your grandma, he recommends guys lose their virginity to hookers (red/blue place)

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

I’ve followed this YT channel for a while

and I’ve watched this interview couple times already and every time it makes me near tear :(

the only thing she needs is LOVE :( 

I WANT you guys to watch this 

Edited by Kingston

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No one becomes a hooker because they want to have sex. They are forced into it by their limited life circumstances.

I'm not saying it's cool. I'm saying my friend likes it.

I think he should be able to get his needs met legally. 

Is the evolution of prostitution this?

1. Legal regardless of the consequences. 

2. Illegal. 

3. Legal in a safe environment. 

4. Legal but no one does it because they have transcended the need and prostitutes don't have to do it because they have their basic needs met. 

6 minutes ago, Moon said:

loool damn no wonder, I know someone from Azerbaijan who has the same mindset as your grandma, he recommends guys lose their virginity to hookers (red/blue place)

Yep. That’s blue indeed.

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

30 minutes ago, Opo said:

I think he should be able to get his needs met legally. 

Is the evolution of prostitution this?

1. Legal regardless of the consequences.  Red

2. Illegal. Blue/Orange?

3. Legal in a safe environment. Orange/Green?

4. Legal but no one does it because they have transcended the need and prostitutes don't have to do it because they have their basic needs met.  Yellow+?

This?

Maybe

@Meta-Man fair enough

I don’t think it will be legal even in safe environment in stage green society. Stage green is not about that, so it would be illegal

but this Wikipedia page’s map says something different: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_law

Edited by Rasheed

3 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

I don’t think it will be legal even in safe environment in stage green society. Stage green is not about that, so it would be illegal

I don't know about traditional prostitution but other forms of sex work seem stage green to me 

The whole green idea of feminism and how a woman can choose whatever she wants with her body, so if she wants to send nudes to guys online for money without being harmed (for example), then why not? 

1 minute ago, Moon said:

I don't know about traditional prostitution but other forms of sex work seem stage green to me 

The whole green idea of feminism and how a woman can choose whatever she wants with her body, so if she wants to send nudes to guys online for money without being harmed (for example), then why not? 

In that case maybe, but traditional prostitution, I do not think will be okay in green society

9 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

but this Wikipedia page’s map says something different: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_law

yeahh green Scandinavian countries have it legalized 

11 minutes ago, Moon said:

yeahh green Scandinavian countries have it legalized 

no... im a swede... not true, we had a public figure cancelled just a few weeks ago for buying a prostitute

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

no... im a swede... not true, we had a public figure cancelled just a few weeks ago for buying a prostitute

my bad, my view on what countries were Scandinavian was wrong anyway

Some central Europe* countries such as Germany and Switzerland have legalized it

i just viewed this channel. Must be advertised to actualized.org subs. im like WTF 

edit - is a cool channel though. guy releases so much content.

Edited by K VIL

41 minutes ago, Moon said:

my bad, my view on what countries were Scandinavian was wrong anyway

Some central Europe* countries such as Germany and Switzerland have legalized it

theyre ahead of the curve then ;) 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I’m trying to envision green level prostitution. I imagine she would be empowered. Like it’s a date situation and she can decide if she wants to proceed with the guy for money or not. She isn’t forced into it. Yet I can’t imagine a woman voluntarily going into a career of prostitution. Young women might aspire to be an actress, artist, scientist etc. yet a prostitute?