WorldlySavage

Crypto a waste of time?

2 posts in this topic

Hey Folks,

As you all might know, crypto is what a lot of people have been talking about for the last years.

As someone who has started a successful global business in the current monetary system that solves problems for businesses and brings livelihood to people, most of the time when I hear someone talk about crypto I tend to get a translation from my BS translator that they are uttering one of the following phrases:

"I've got issues with authority and resent money and control and am looking for something which does not resemble that"

"I want to get rich not off of my own a) hard work or b) intelligence, but by some sort of scheme which will absolve me from any responsibility to do or have either a) or b)"

"I'm in this to scam people who will buy so I can have more wealth, it's a dog eat dog world"

On the other hand I feel like blockchain or similar technologies are the future in terms of building a transparent and accountable society which can distribute resources so that everybody has the basics so that we can indulge in capitalism and individual gain without harming people.

I'm also deeply satisfied with the current monetary system in its ease of use (and crypto doesn't offer that) and I am moderately satisfied with the current taxation systems that I'm a part of.

How would you convince someone like me that I should focus my energy on or invest in crypto?

definitely not a waste of time. just do more research and you'll see why it's legit. yeah, there's a lot of random coins now, some of which are scams and/or stupid. but there are legit ones too. it's just a new technology so it's not really well established yet

but this is absolutely the future without a doubt, so you should be investing in it. especially with the high probability of the economy crashing, you need to have a backup plan, investing a portion of your savings in crypto isn't a bad idea