GroovyGuru

I've lost interest in spirituality.

18 posts in this topic

It was maybe only a year or year and a half ago when I was mediating every day, sometimes for 2 hours a day. I was doing some practices, reading books about spirituality from the book list, and even had a friend who would watch the channel and engage in this stuff with me. I would say around the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2019 I started losing interest. I haven't meditated in a month or 2. I've become so much more interested and involved with politics, current affairs, and philosophy. If I'm not with my friends, I'm either reading/watching a video about news, politics, or philosophy. Even when it comes to Leo's videos, I am way more excited these days if its about some philosophical concept or regarding politics. I'm also about to start grad school in a month and I will be studying economics so I'm gonna be super occupied with that along with trying to find my serious real full-time job.

I'm still in my very early 20s and there's so many distractions with my friends and other things going on I am just nowhere close to as determined as I once was (I was very determined for a while). I feel as I get older and busier with work I will get out of touch even more. Has anyone else experienced a period where they lost touch? What does it take to come back (I don't want it to be forced)?

For me, no, personally after 2 years im more passionate than I've ever been.

It feels like a core part of my bones, like a huge part of me, that if I didnt have it I would not be me. 

Not sure what you're whole experience is, but the way you describe, maybe it just isn't time for you ?‍♂️

Edited by DreamScape

Genesis 27:27-29

@GroovyGuru You just need to burn through some karma.

You're young. Go enjoy life. Come back when you're exhausted chasing material rewards.

Spirituality requires high maturity and ripeness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@GroovyGuru  for me spirituality isn't a separate category of life... it is life and everything you could possibly do is still it.

While it may feel like something separate it is the entire package.

Non-duality is not something separate from everything.

You're like a fish swimming to a different part of the ocean thinking it found new water...?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Leo Gura Thanks Leo, I also deeply felt that this is probably the right thing to do. Even if I don't like to admit it, it's hard to take spirituality seriously when I still have money problems, sex/dating problems etc. There are still many basic needs that I need to meet, and I am very confident and sure that when I mature and grow even more, I will return more serious and passionate than ever. That being said, I still watch your videos every week, and am eternally grateful for your teachings and advice that have helped shape the young man I am today :)

@VeganAwake I know what you mean, which is why it felt slightly silly posting this. However I haven't really had any significant spiritual experiences or insights that have made this obvious for me, internally. Spirituality still feels like a mental category in my head.

Take some 5-meo-DMT. That should do the trick. 

[[DISCLAIMER]] 
Don’t listen to my advice.

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

11 minutes ago, GroovyGuru said:

@VeganAwake I know what you mean, which is why it felt slightly silly posting this. However I haven't really had any significant spiritual experiences or insights that have made this obvious for me, internally. Spirituality still feels like a mental category in my head.

Yes it's so in your face that it's unrecognized. Feeling silly is it... feeling like you haven't had any spiritual experiences or insights is it..

You're not going anywhere... it's the inescapable everythingness ? ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake That's always the funniest and most amusing part about it for me. In my head, I have to devote time and work hard at spirituality, as if it's going to the gym or something. I feel it's an activity I have to DO. In a sense I suppose that's true, but of course it's also the complete opposite of that, it's simply doing nothing and letting go of everything. The truth is inescapable as you said. Truly amazing how you can have the tiniest of glimpses (which I have, tiny as they may have been) and COMPLETELY get sucked back in for months or years on end. 

11 minutes ago, GroovyGuru said:

@VeganAwake That's always the funniest and most amusing part about it for me. In my head, I have to devote time and work hard at spirituality, as if it's going to the gym or something. I feel it's an activity I have to DO. In a sense I suppose that's true, but of course it's also the complete opposite of that, it's simply doing nothing and letting go of everything. The truth is inescapable as you said. Truly amazing how you can have the tiniest of glimpses (which I have, tiny as they may have been) and COMPLETELY get sucked back in for months or years on end. 

Yes sir take that entire weight off of your shoulders and you'll find what you're looking for. ❤

@GroovyGuru you are young, have fun with life. You will come back when your dream model famous girl or boy take a shit in your car while she or he is drunk. Lol ? 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Listen to some of Rob Burbea's talks over on dharma seed. I DL them to my podcast app. His "practicing the Jhana's" (2019) and "meditation on emptiness" (2010) are incredibly inspiring, soulful, and informative. He just died a couple months ago due to pancreatic cancer. He was about as spiritually developed as one could be at his age (60 or so) and I think he even invented a new post-Buddhist-awakening framework called "Soulmaking Dharma." Although, nothing will motivate quite like tasting Jhana :D. Come back to it organically if you don't currently have the burning desire to be a master of perception.

Pooping in the car is still IT guy's it's incredible.

One time in the cab of my truck in Afghanistan I had to go number 2 so bad I used a female wag bag which was designed for urination only.

I dropped a big log on the truck seat... I thought it went in the bag but luckily it was hard enough it didn't soak into my truck seat, so I just chucked it out the window at a little Afghani girl.

It did hit her in the face unfortunately but it was so hard she thought it was a stick.

This is still IT....?

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Pooping in the car is still IT guy's it's incredible.

One time in the cab of my truck in Afghanistan I had to go number 2 so bad I used a female wag bag which was designed for urination only.

I dropped a big log on the truck seat... I thought it went in the bag but luckily it was hard enough it didn't soak into my truck seat, so I just chucked it out the window at a little Afghani girl.

It did hit her in the face unfortunately but it was so hard she thought it was a stick.

This is still IT....?

LOL

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

Listen to your intuition. If you feel like you'd rather engage in politics/philosophy, feel free to do so. Although those things and spirituality are not mutually exclusive. You don't need to consume spiritual books, videos and meditate for 4 hours a day, but a daily meditation practise (however long) is always good imo.

You cannot fake the desire for something, be it girls or truth, just enjoy the moment, it can feel good if life is happening the way you think it should be :)

8 hours ago, James123 said:

@GroovyGuru you are young, have fun with life. You will come back when your dream model famous girl or boy take a shit in your car while she or he is drunk. Lol ? 

WTF. Sounds like english tourists on some festival.